hardest call of duty ever.

Katarn

It took me a day to do cod 3, day and a half to do cod 5 and i did cod 2 & 4 in less than 12 hours all on vet, but I have been gamin for 15+ years so its second nature to me

wat.

Good for you, very excited that you are so awesome.

I've been gaming for 30+ years and kick arse in online FPS but any of the CoD's on Veteran are just too brutal for me to even try. Just completed CoD3 on Hard this morning, goddamn if that wasn't the hardest shooter I've ever waded through (thought it was like other CoDs that you got an extra cheevo for Hard but I was wrong).

I too like a challenge and play almost every game on the hard or hardest setting, but CoD veteran makes me want to tear my face off with rage.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok...

1.CoD3 (I couldn't even get past the second mission on veteran >:L)

2.CoDWaW (wtfffff I need to play it again I think... I don't think I even started it on Vet but it was pretty hard)

3.CoD4 (No Fighting In The War Room I found a lot harder than Mile High Club)

4.CoDBO (Just Executive Order... :L the rest was so much easier)

5.CoDMW2 (I hate Takedown... worst mission)

6.CoDMW3 (I only had any trouble on the last mission but I got past it quickly)

Now I'm on to CoD2... :p

• 2 weeks later...

So far I've played 1-3, doing 3 on Veteran right now. I have MW1 and 2, and WAW after these.

Call of Duty Classic, no regenerating health, and no health pickups, so you are stuck with the one bar the entire level, and you die in 1-2 shots. Plus checkpoints won't happen unless you have mostly full health.

Call of Duty 3, infinite spawning, and fellow solider AI is much worse then it was in Call of Duty 2, I don't know how may times I've seen fellow allies shoot walls, and the cover they are behind.. Plus enemies can shoot through solid objects and cover a lot of the time, so many deaths feel really unfair. Also checkpoints are really far apart.

And the easiest was Call of Duty 2. It was tough, but not so tough that it still wasn't fun, CODC and COD 3 were/are frustratingly tough, so they are no longer fun.

CoD 3 is the hardest imo, although what made me laugh was in the tutorial section you're told that grenades are expensive so you must throw potatoes as training, once you leave that area every enemy is throwing grenades like they're going out of fashion.

It took me 20 minutes to finish the first two levels since you have to move so slowly, stay in your squad and be weary of when the weather changes and it starts raining grenades.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I am currently in the midst of Call of Duty 3, so I can't really place it in the list of CoD games and rank it just yet. However, I have played every other CoD game available on the 360 on veteran difficulty, and here is my list in order of most difficult to least difficult.

- Call of Duty (XBLA: No regenerative health, no health packs and it's really long. Pavlov!!)

- Call of Duty: WaW (The trenches level with the mortar crews was next to impossible for me.)

Edit - Call of Duty 3 (Figured it would fall here and it did. Glitchy, crazy infinite spawns and awful cutscenes.)

- Call of Duty 4: MW (No Fighting in the War Room and Mile High Club. 'Nuff said.)

- Call of Duty 2 (Another really long campaign, but enjoyable. The farm silo level was frustrating.)

Edit - Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (Harder than BO1 but easier than CoD 2 for sure.)

- Call of Duty: Black Ops (This wasn't a super hard game, but it had its moments for sure).

- Call of Duty: MW 2 (Almost the easiest game in the series, if it weren't for that damn mission where you had to protect the computer while it uploaded data in that cabin or whatever).

- Call of Duty: MW3 (Easiest in my opinion. It was so easy I barely remember the campaign. It was just going through the motions.)

At the moment, I would probably put Call of Duty 3 after WaW, but I'm not certain yet. Of course, I will also be playing Black Ops 2 when that comes out and will add it in when applicable.

Cheers!

Edited by isw42

• 7 months later...

1. Call of duty Classic (no healing packs,old school,...)

2. Call of duty Waw (old school, very accurate enemies, alot of grenades,...)

3. Call of duty 4 (Mile high club, infinite respawns and the level where you've to defend that one guy whose sniping and you only get claymores and a sniper untill the helicopter arrives I think ghillies in the mist or after that one)

4. Call of duty 2 (old school, very very hard, all achievements are veteran)

5. Call of duty Black ops I (Excutive order, SOG and rebirth island, simply all bad checkpoints or even none in points you really need them)

6. Call of duty 3 (old school)

7. Call of duty Modern warfare 2 (the one in the essay house, when you have to do a hacking or something on the computer)

8. Call of duty Modern warfare 3

9. Call of duty Black ops 2 is definetly the easiest, cause if you kill they stay dead, so no infinte respawns, good checkpoints,...)

I completed all of them except COD 2,3 and Classic, but I've seen classic and all the others I own myself. I made a new account and I already completed the black ops I en II on veteran, now I'm preparing myself for the modern warfare 2... the WAW will be the last one I will do... I tried that one before and I got as far as the tank level on veteran.

Imo this is the right ranking:)

• 3 months later...