Road Map

Apple

Overview:

-Estimated achievement difficulty: 3/10

-Offline 50 (1000)

-Online 0

-Approximate amount of time to 1000: 18-20 hours

-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 2-3 (Replaying of several chapters)

-Are there any achievements that can be missed? Yes

-Glitched achievements? No

-Does difficulty effect achievements? No

Oh X-Men, how we love you're games so much. So, of course, there are some collectibles that you're going to need to pick up, including Mutagens and Dog Tags for Devil's Brigade and Fully Loaded. Follow this Collectibles Guide the entire game to make sure you don't miss any. Wolverine is a pretty simple game on Hard, and even more so on Easy. Considering I never died on Easy, and only died a couple times on the final boss on Hard, it really doesn't deserve anything higher than a 3/10 for difficulty. You can and may want to play the first time on Normal, just so the difficulty jump isn't so large, but it's fully up to you.

Introduction: Starting out Easy

You will first play on Easy, because Hard mode isn't unlocked until you fully complete the game at least once. If you don't want to miss any achievements, you're going to want to get every achievement on Easy before you start a new game on Hard, because once you start a new game, NONE of your stats transfer over to a new play-through. The game has a Chapter and Checkpoint Select, so take advantage of that if you so happen to miss something (ex. Dog Tag, Mutagen, Secret Achievement), but again, make sure you do it before your final Hard Mode play-through.

When and Where to get Kills

Now you're going to soon learn about Feral Sense, use it until you get 200 kills with it on to pick up the Heightened Senses, then use it for pretty much the entire game after to help you find collectibles and to help you through the game. When you're using your Feral Sense, sometimes you'll also see object that a highlighted green with some sort of spike on them, use these to kill 30 enemies through-out the game and receive Environmentally Friendly and Whatever it Takes.

The lunge achievements will come naturally, so eventually you'll get Lunge, Pounce, and You Can't Hide; along with Getting Started, and A Day's Work for 100 and 500 Kills. Once you learn about Quick Kills, kill the next 20 enemies with Quick Kills to get Quick Killer, Perfect Killer, and Efficient Killer so you don't have to worry about those anymore. After that, start on your counter moves and pick up Defensive and Untouchable; they'll only work on enemies that use melee, not ones with guns.

When you learn about reflecting projectiles (from Grenadiers) make sure you take every opportunity you get to reflect a projectile because they tend to be pretty rare. Be careful of Dog Tag #42, as you have to lunge at a Grenadier for this. Once you reflect 25 and Kill the enemy along with it, you'll get Catch! and Boomerang.

Pretty much every time you're in the jungle you'll be facing guys with machete's that lunge at you. This is where you're going to want to try and pick up the Aerial Assault for 10 air grabs. Also, in the jungle, you'll eventually need to climb a communications tower, this is a very good place to throw 10 people off and get the Drop Dead achievement. There are also flaming machete guys in the jungle which will help you with your Hot Potato achievement, so long as you let them hit you with a lunge. You can also be lit on fire from pipes on walls in various facilities.

You'll be introduced to Ghosts early on in the game, and you'll easily be able to get Shotgun Epic Fail before the second chapter ends. After you're done with all that, work on your 200 Claw Spin kills, then finish up your 150 Berserker mode Kills to pick up Blender, Bloodlust, and finally Weapon X.

Chapter 1

Start a game on Easy difficulty and take out your Collectibles Guide and start collecting all the Dog Tags, Mutagens, and Figurines.

You're going to want to look out for Found! in this first chapter. It's near a collectible, so it's not that hard to find. During the bar fight with Victor Creed, when you are outside, make sure you impale him at least once before you defeat him and you'll get Stick Around and Bar Fight. Then they'll send a W.E.N.D.I.G.0 prototype after you, all you have to do it dodge his attack, and then lunge to his back once to pick up Piggy Back Ride. Spillway Escape will mark the end of Chapter 1, as it's story related.

Chapter 2

At checkpoint Roadblock (where you are dodging a helicopters missiles while trying to cross a bridge) you will come across like 10-15 guys, this is the perfect place to attempt Aerial Master and Slice n' Dice. A little after that area, you'll want to search for WoW! which is near another collectible. You'll eventually come to the place to pick up Ultimate Wolverine when the sniper is shooting at tanks from a helicopter, on a roof. Then shortly after you'll obtain Helicopter Ride, which is story related.

Chapter 3

Near the middle of the chapter, look out for The Cake, and at the end of the level don't miss Threading the Needle while fighting the Sentinel Mark I. Defeat him and get Fallen Sentinel, which is also story related. Soon after you'll fight The Blob, this is where you'll want to get Clean Up on all Aisles, while fighting him. Then you'll get Put up your Dukes, as it's story related.

Chapter 4

Defeat Remy LeBeau to pick up 52 Pickup.

Chapter 5

Complete the last jungle scene to get The Village, collect the remaining Dog Tags to get Devil's Brigade, and defeat Weapon 11 to achieve The Dead Pool.

End Game

After your first play-through you'll probably have several achievements left, including 2000 enemies. The one that will take the most time to achieve is Samurai, so if you go for that achievement, you'll pick up What I Do Best and Fully Loaded along the way. Remember, don't start a new game on Hard until you have every other achievement besides Walking Death. Pick up James Howlett after you've finished the game for the first time, as well. Now all you should have left is Walking Death, and now it's safe to start a new game on Hard to get that last achievement.

Edited by Apple
Spelling and Bolding

Thanks, ;)

No prob.. I'm pretty sure they check for any little mistake..lol ;) good luck though. To be honest, I totally drew a blank on doing i road map for this game..I would have loved to do it..i just completely forgot..I got too caught up in 1000/1000 in the game, and the new Fallout 3 stuff..lol

Nice job! I only have 2 suggestions, neither of which are anything major, just some things I experienced on my playthrough.

The first is that it has been said that hard mode isn't very different from normal mode. I did just like you did and started on easy to get all the achievements then went straight to hard to finish up. The difficulty ramp up is pretty significant, especially on Leviathans, W.E.N.D.I.G.O.'s, and especially Deadpool. If I had to do it all over again, I would have went through on normal first, so the jump wouldn't be so bad. Might be something to throw in your guide there.

As for the second, you said to try to kill every grenadier by reflecting their rockets for the achievement. I forget the level right now, I'll look it up in a minute, but there is one grenadier who you will need to lunge to in order to get a dogtag. If you kill him with his rocket, you have no way to get that particular tag.

Edit: It's tag #42, quoted from Demon181's collectibles guide,

42) When you get to the part where you pull a truck out to jump up, lunge across a gap, you'll see a doorway across another gap with a Grenadier in it. Lunge to him to grab this Dog Tag.

By the way, I agree this should get a sticky.

Edited by Atroxx70

The first is that it has been said that hard mode isn't very different from normal mode. I did just like you did and started on easy to get all the achievements then went straight to hard to finish up. The difficulty ramp up is pretty significant, especially on Leviathans, W.E.N.D.I.G.O.'s, and especially Deadpool. If I had to do it all over again, I would have went through on normal first, so the jump wouldn't be so bad. Might be something to throw in your guide there.

As for the second, you said to try to kill every grenadier by reflecting their rockets for the achievement. I forget the level right now, I'll look it up in a minute, but there is one grenadier who you will need to lunge to in order to get a dogtag. If you kill him with his rocket, you have no way to get that particular tag.

Edit: It's tag #42, quoted from Demon181's collectibles guide,

I added those tips in, thanks!

• 9 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Chapter 1

Start a game on Easy difficulty and take out your Collectibles Guide and start collecting all the Dog Tags, Mutagens, and Figurines.

You're going to want to look out for Found! in this first chapter. It's near a collectible, so it's not that hard to find. During the bar fight with Victor Creed, when you are outside, make sure you impale him at least once before you defeat him and you'll get Stick Around and Bar Fight. Then they'll send a W.E.N.D.I.G.0 prototype after you, all you have to do it dodge his attack, and then lunge to his back once to pick up Piggy Back Ride. Spillway Escape will mark the end of Chapter 1, as it's story related.

Got an Tip:

In this Chapter You also get AERIAL MASTER

Right in the beginning throw 6 Enemys off the Cliff.

Thats how i get this :woop:

EDIT:

Throw up to 10 and You get DROP DEAD

Edited by Randall69

• 10 months later...
  • 2 years later...
Pretty good. But please correct this: 'Oh X-Men, how we love you're games so much.'

'you're' is a contraction of 'you are', so it makes no sense here.

Thank you, James!!! I was just about to mention the same EXACT thing... but you already did. It's been over two years, yet he hasn't bothered to fix it!

It's rather difficult for those of us who are educated, to have to endure the writings (ramblings?) of those who are less so!! :p

That said... it's a good road map. :)