Battleloggers Episode 1

gmurda33

Anybody else wish BF3 had proximity voice and the ability to talk with the guys on the other team between games?

One of the only things that CoD, Halo, and Gears have over Battlefield, imo.

I think it's a good thing Battlefield doesn't have this, it would only cause conflict and silliness. :p

Nope whats the point of that how many people even use there mic in this game none. so thats very pointless.

Actually I've noticed quite a lot of people use their mic on this game. Most of the time I jump on I always hear annoying, little voices tearing through my TV speakers so I'm forced to plug my headset in EVEN though I have the settings to only play through headset. I just think the time between matches would be spent exchanging insults, would be quite humorous actually. :p

Anybody else wish BF3 had proximity voice and the ability to talk with the guys on the other team between games?

One of the only things that CoD, Halo, and Gears have over Battlefield, imo.

I thought only CoD4 had this and even then, only with the Eavesdrop perk? Maybe Halo has it, too, I don't remember, I don't have Halo 3 anymore.

Nope whats the point of that how many people even use there mic in this game none. so thats very pointless.

Yeah, this... If people used mics, then it'd be cool, but I haven't seen people using mics online in years. I still remember the days of CoD3/4, BC1, AC6, etc. where everyone (but me) was talking. lol. That was pretty cool. I blame parties for that, even if I really like the idea of parties.

I thought only CoD4 had this and even then, only with the Eavesdrop perk? Maybe Halo has it, too, I don't remember, I don't have Halo 3 anymore.

Halo has proximity voice. It has since Halo 2. Nothing's better than saying a few words right before punching your enemy in the back. I can only imagine how much more rewarding it would be to knife someone if they could hear you saying "Gimme your tags!" as the animation was playing out.

Other games had it as well. Such as the Splinter Cell series. You could speak you mercenaries if you had them as a human shield while playing as a spy.

Yeah, this... If people used mics, then it'd be cool, but I haven't seen people using mics online in years. I still remember the days of CoD3/4, BC1, AC6, etc. where everyone (but me) was talking. lol. That was pretty cool. I blame parties for that, even if I really like the idea of parties.
I actually think the reason WHY nobody uses a mic in Battlefield is because, unlike other games, it's more a chore to use it in the way that you want to. For instance, a lot of people don't even know that you can set VOIP to team when playing, and think that you can only speak to the people in your squad. It's easier to invite your 5 other friends to join you in a party than bother with chatting in-game.

And you can't blame it all on parties. A lot of it is the game's fault. It's rare to find a match in Halo, CoD, or Gears, where somebody isn't using a mic. At least this is true in my experience. Where, unlike Barad, I rarely ever encounter other players with mics in BF3.

All that said, my original post was merely commenting on how pointlessly dull it would be to yell "Surprise!" when playing Surprise Party in BF3, considering the "victim" can't hear you...

Edited by Skillet

Nothing's better than saying a few words right before punching your enemy in the back. I can only imagine how much more rewarding it would be to knife someone if they could hear you saying "Gimme your tags!" as the animation was playing out.

This would be awesome, I would do my best Scorpion impersonation "Get oover HERE!".

Also I was just playing Domination and I was on a team with two locked squads. I sent a message saying please unlock squad so I can join and they did. What surprised me is they invited me to their party and come to find out 9/16 people playing were in the same party. This just proves what I think about the whole no talking in BF, that everyone playing is in a party so they dont have to hear some guys kid crying in the background.

This would be awesome, I would do my best Scorpion impersonation "Get oover HERE!".

Also I was just playing Domination and I was on a team with two locked squads. I sent a message saying please unlock squad so I can join and they did. What surprised me is they invited me to their party and come to find out 9/16 people playing were in the same party. This just proves what I think about the whole no talking in BF, that everyone playing is in a party so they dont have to hear some guys kid crying in the background.

Well as I said, I think most people just view it as easier to invite everyone to a party, which also lasts between games and when changing servers, rather than trying to use in-game VOIP services with their limited functionality.

Which is actually pretty bad when you think about it. Considering the focus on teamwork in BF3.

Which is actually pretty bad when you think about it. Considering the focus on teamwork in BF3.

It's fun if on opposing teams when you and your party are not giving a crap and goofing around. Like you know... when someone tries to jihad JET you (Rich would never ever do such a thing...) :p

But true, not so great for PTFO. :(

Video kind of sucked...

It's fun if on opposing teams when you and your party are not giving a crap and goofing around. Like you know... when someone tries to jihad JET you (Rich would never ever do such a thing...) :p
Hahaha, yeah... Though my best one EVER was when I think it was Auto and another friend in the chopper on Caspian, I was in a jet (same team), the enemy chopper is fucking them up by D flag and I came flying in saying "This guy giving you trouble guys?" and bailed out so my empty jet destroyed the enemy chopper and I saved my friends like an absolute boss! :D

Video kind of sucked...

Hahaha, yeah... Though my best one EVER was when I think it was Auto and another boyfriend in the chopper on Caspian, I was in a jet (same team), the enemy chopper is fucking them up by D flag and I came flying in saying "This guy giving you trouble guys?" and bailed out so my empty jet destroyed the enemy chopper and I saved my boyfriends like an absolute gaywad! :D

fixed. <3