Current gen or next gen?

CASCADEYOUTH

I know this game hasn't gotten a release date or anything really besides leaked concept art and story details and what not but does anyone know if this game will release for current gen or next gen consoles? It would be dissapointing for Bungie to announce it and then say its coming to next gen consoles only.

I know this game hasn't gotten a release date or anything really besides leaked concept art and story details and what not but does anyone know if this game will release for current gen or next gen consoles? It would be dissapointing for Bungie to announce it and then say its coming to next gen consoles only.

The contract from the agreement with Activision (which is from 2010, so it could have changed) stated it would be a 360 and 720 game.

More than likely to be released this generation. I believe they have an announcement in the next week and unless they show up at Sony's conference and announce it there as some sort of exclusive for the next possible PlayStation console, it will come out by the end of the year.

yeah saw the countdown thing where it was within the next 7 days or something since it was posted. And well they are partnered with activision and just like COD i think Destiny might be a timed exclusive or something if microsoft gives activision some money

More than likely it will be 360 and PS3 only assuming the new consoles have backwards compatability of SOME sort (Rumored that PS4 will stream PS3 games. New Xbox might have something similar. Otherwise I see Bungie doing a quick port of this to the new consoles with zero changes and servers compatible with their predecessors. I would also imagine that both expansions (I'm pretty sure the documents mentioned 3 primary games and at least 1-2 expansions for each game in-between launches) will be made for current- and next-gen consoles, than the true sequel will be exclusive to next-gen consoles only since fanbases will be better established at this point in time.

• 2 weeks later...

According to the MS Rep at my work, they want to have Destiny out before this year is over for Current Gen (Q3 release window) and they'll release Next-Gen versions early next year. Than again, this isn't an official confirmation, so take with a grain of salt. It doesn't seem likely that this game would have releases set so far apart, but they would also want to avoid CoD's release window, so anything is possible.