Hardcore Mode Saves Thread

josherpillage

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh I wish I could answer this. But no. Damn game froze at Ch 9 without dying or saving. Anyhow my saves were gonna be beginning of Ch 10, cause I hated the Ishimura. Then probably Ch 12(?) I think it is, right before the drill ride. And my last save probably on Ch 15, at the start, because that particular part gave me trouble on Normal.

Chapter 5 - After the cryo-rooms (Demo). @ 01:22:21 hours

Chapter 9 - After leaving Ellie & Stross in the tram, to check what is blocking the way. @ 03:30:58 hours

Chapter 13 - After the big door scene (Government Sector) when the Necromorphs overrun the soldiers in the entrance. @ 05:12:13 hours

Only Plasma Cutter (fully upgraded) + RIG & Stasis (fully upgraded). No DLCs or CE stuff.

Edited by JuSt BLaZe

Chapter 5: save before final cutscene (1hr:37)

Chapter 8: somewhere in the middle, i had to go to class (3hr:15)

Chapter 12: right before drill ride (5hr:21)

total game time 6 hours 24 minutes

only upgraded RIG HP, STASIS, PLASMA CUTTER, & FORCE GUN (focused on Force Guns Alt Fire first)

Edited by josherpillage

Yeah, that's the way to go!

By the way, I don't understand why so much people save before chapter 7, you have a special infinite checkpoint, so why saving your game just before???

Come on dude. Simple. Some people are NOT THAT SKILLED as you or just getting way to excited.

Same goes for me. I saved on Chapter V, cause after getting screwed the 2nd time, I told myself THIS IS THE LAST FUCKING TIME I'M GOING TO WATCH all the cutscenes and doing all the shit again.

I'd rather save before the Disc-Switch than risking all and dying right before Chapter VII.

Besides, IT WORKED JUST FINE, hehe. ;)

1. Chapter 5. Before the action sequence where the tripod jumps at you in the church.

2. Chapter 9. Before having to make your way through the processing plant.

3. Chapter 12. Right before the drill ride.

The last run after chapter 12 through the end of the game was a beast but I did it my first try without dying. Yay force gun;)

I was so nervous

Chapter 7, right before entering Tripod Elevator. after activating it.

Chapter 11, right before Big Elevator down to Drill that you ride on, after clearing rooms between save and elevator, and activating it.

Chapter 14, Last store & bench in game, after eye-poke and right after power node room recomended for infinite power node glitch

Made it to first save first try, second save took forever to get too, third save 3-4 tries (stupid laser spinning room with mini-marker in middle), end of game 2nd try.

I see a lot of people saved earlier than me, Don't, make it as far as possible before your first save, at least disc 2, only play when you know you have hours to spend, and only save before really hard parts. take your time, take breaks, and use stasis...a lot! Plasma cutter & Force gun FTW!

Edited by Chronic Comando

Chapter 5 - After the cryo-rooms (Demo). @ 01:22:21 hours

Chapter 9 - After leaving Ellie & Stross in the tram, to check what is blocking the way. @ 03:30:58 hours

Chapter 13 - After the big door scene (Government Sector) when the Necromorphs overrun the soldiers in the entrance. @ 05:12:13 hours.

Exact same as me.

I haven't beat Hardcore yet but I'm already on my first save.

1. Chapter 5 - After Cryo-Room and just before the tripod + Pack encounter.

2. Chapter 13 - Right before Eye poke machine.

3. Chapter 15 - Right before the Final Boss fight.

I gotta say, Hardcore is easier than I anticipated, I haven't died yet....but that's probably because I haven't encounter any Black-Necromorph (or what I'd like to call, the Lightweight, Marathon, Juggernaut and Commando Necro) yet.:p

Edited by PimplyPete