Glitchy on Win7 for anyone else?

Viper187

I don't get it. When I first got this years ago, I ran it on my old machine using on Windows XP with the loader and it ran flawlessly. I install it properly on a newer system with Win 7-64bit and it keeps freezing and black screening. Even BSOD'd a few times. It's like it's lagging even though I'm playing campaign alone! I tried the lowest settings available and it still does it. I barely made it through this glitchy shit on Normal. Not sure I want to bother with Legendary.

16GB RAM

GeForce 285GTX FTW Edition

AMD Phenom II X3 2.8ghz

Hell, I'm even running everything on an actual hardware RAID for faster HDD access.

Edit: Definitely the shit nVidia drivers. Why do these idiots have to keep breaking things!?!? Has anyone else had issues and found a driver version that works?

Edited by Viper187

I don't get it. When I first got this years ago, I ran it on my old machine using on Windows XP with the loader and it ran flawlessly. I install it properly on a newer system with Win 7-64bit and it keeps freezing and black screening. Even BSOD'd a few times. It's like it's lagging even though I'm playing campaign alone! I tried the lowest settings available and it still does it. I barely made it through this glitchy shit on Normal. Not sure I want to bother with Legendary.

16GB RAM

GeForce 285GTX FTW Edition

AMD Phenom II X3 2.8ghz

Hell, I'm even running everything on an actual hardware RAID for faster HDD access.

Edit: Definitely the shit nVidia drivers. Why do these idiots have to keep breaking things!?!? Has anyone else had issues and found a driver version that works?

Using my laptop I had to set the game to run of the integrated graphics card to work, which surprised me that it would work with that. Before when it was trying to run with the graphics card (I think it is NVIDIA) I would open the game and it wouldn't even do anything, nothing would come up no matter how long I waited. The only thing I can say is changing the default graphics options (by right-clicking the game application, it game that option) worked for me at least, but I assume your using a desktop so I am not sure if you can try that or not.

• 3 weeks later...