[DLC] Achievement glitch explanation

JeanRob

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can anyone confirm that the DLC achievements are still glitched i have been getting an update for this game almost every other day icluding one today. thx

Clean your cache, it's just the same update every time. Your hard drive disk must be full.

• 3 weeks later...

I bought the dlc before starting the game on contractor, me and my friend both played through this together and on contractor. at first i thoufht the original achievements were now glitched because of the dlc as he got the halfway contractor achievement and i didnt. two chapters later the achievement unlocked for me. at the end of the original story his contractor achievement unlocked and mine didnt. It seems that because the dlc is an extra 2 chapters it moves the contractor achievement up as well. This is extremely annoying as im now having to do the dlc on contractor in hope i will at least get the contractor achievement and adding more time than it should have taken. I already had most of the versus achievements and so far have no dlc achievements. EA need to pull thier fists out from thier anus and maybe think of employing people who can actually make games and even try hiring some proper testers!!!! This is a warning to anyone thinking of buying the dlc as it looks very unlikely that this is going to be fixed.

• 2 weeks later...

Foolishly I downloaded "Chapters of Deceit" last weekend without checking forums about the achievement problems.

Sadly, I too was only able to have 3 of the 8 DLC achievements unlock.

I went round and round with EA customer support and they're official statement was that once they turn content over to Microsoft (software or DLC) it is Microsoft who is getting the money/points for the download and so it is their call on refunds.

Then it was round 2 with Microsoft (I was on the phone with them for over an hour) and at first they tried telling me that it's EA's problem...they're responsible for any content published for their games.

I jumped through all their hoops, deleting and re-downloading the DLC...deleting and recovering my gamertag, clearing the cache...everything. Finally just for my own amusement I tried playing through the DLC with my brother's silver account...he hadn't even played Army of Two, let alone earned the mulitplayer achievements and the DLC achievements started popping up for him.

When I explained it to Microsoft's customer service, their supervisor and finally an escalated response rep...they seem to think that the problem lies within the achievement system which they said they ARE responsible for.

That was Tuesday night 7-27-10 and my demand for a refund of my microsoft points was escalated...I did receive a call from someone last night 7-29-10 but it was basically to say the issue has been escalated and that they could call me every 48 hours to provide an update on my case/claims status....I'll post something when I get a resolution.

I'm thinking about filing a claim with the Better Business Bureau, but I'm not sure what that would accomplish...maybe a class action lawsuit is the next step if Microsoft/Sony and EA won't take ownership of this problem and address it accordingly. :confused:

Edited by Capt_Ron CFH 01

• 2 weeks later...

I bought this game the other day but haven't played it on my xbox yet. I've been playing w/ my friend on his xbox and I love this game, only thing is I restarted my gamer profile specifically so I could start getting a perfect GS. I just want to know if its clear that I can knock out the campaign ach and DLC, then move on to MP, and i should be fine with getting all the cheeves?

EDIT: Has anyone had the issue of DLC Ach's being added to your ach total even if you didn't buy the DLC. I've had to buy 2 DLC's when I didn't want to because this happened. FYI I'm referring to any game that has DLC.

Edited by Bobby v

EDIT: Has anyone had the issue of DLC Ach's being added to your ach total even if you didn't buy the DLC. I've had to buy 2 DLC's when I didn't want to because this happened. FYI I'm referring to any game that has DLC.

That's true for almost all the games. Once a game is applied with an update to incorporate DLC content, the achievement list is refreshed with new achievements (if any). Whether you have the DLC or not, they will show up.

I do found an exception that Dead to Rights: Retribution's DLC achievements won't show up until you actually buy the DLC.

Seeing a Problem like this, I'm Very Very Glad Rockstar/Take-Two/2K Games dint sell to EA, or problems like the ones Red Dead Redemption had with its multiplayer on it initial release would never been solved. The Patch The R* Put out was within 48 Hours. EA Really makes thing harder on the gamer/consumer.

R* are always fast & have their ear to the gamers, willing to do what can be done. probably the most user friendly company out there.

EA, Konami & Atari can be "iffy" but EA Just Mass produces bunches of game, with as little effort as possible & then they dont always work or turn out as they were meant to.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

This is rediculous. I like the campaign and wouldnt mind buying some DLC for the game, but not if its not going to unlock. I only have the DIY PMC achv but spending $10 on some DLC if i wont end up getting all of it, especially since I didnt pay for the game... and even if i were to buy it used i can get the whole game for $12... :uzi:EA.

me and my friend had both the two online achievements:

Big Game Hunting and DIY PMC

we started the DLC and got every achievement besides:

Hit & Miss and Paging Dr Wu

so i opend chapter 8 with my account and he joined with a 24 hours code and new account. The new account had 0GS in army of two and got both achievements on the first try.

So they are glitched for us. :uzi:EA

• 2 weeks later...

I think everybody knows about EA,their severs are dedicated, they glitch achievements and they save progress to your gamer game.

There is one thing I have wanted to try for mercenaries 2, but it is going to cost me 800 MS points.

While playing battle field demo my gamer tag was AnjL, but a changed it to it's current state. When I went back to play battle field the game, I couldn't unlock a gun for playing the Demo because EA didn't recognize that it was the same gamer under a different tag.

Long story short, I had to call EA and have their customer service fix my EA account.......... I was wondering if another name change could give my a clean slate. Just a thought.

There is one thing I have wanted to try for mercenaries 2.

I also had trouble with a glitched achievement on that one, I know how you feel...

I was wondering if another name change could give my a clean slate. Just a thought.

This could be a good idea. But I'm not going to pay to change my gamertag, especially for this reason. But if you ever try, please tell us if it worked.

Thanks for the new theory by the way.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I deleted all my game updates (must be done offline) and then went back online, put the disc in and downloaded the updates again, still no achievements.. the only way should be deleting all your AOT achievements and earn them again, only microsoft can do that so the only way too earn them, is to not earn or have any of the online achievements, wich is useless if you have them.