Four Star General vs. GoW2's Veteran Gear

A7X x Shadow

I know that this forum is pretty much dead, but if anyone sees this, can you give me a rough comparison of how long it'd take to get 4SG compared to Gears of War 2's Veteran Gear achievement (only the lv100 detail)? I haven't actually played or boosted online on FEAR2 yet, but I've read the method (with very little understanding) and it sounds just like GoW2 KOTH boosting, and I've read that it'd take about 150 hours excluding rallying time, but I didn't time myself on how long Veteran Gear took me (may it rot in hell).

Lazy person's summary: How much longer would 4SG take than Gears of War 2's Veteran Gear take, considering there's no temporary xp multiplier and ignoring gathering people for boosting.

Thanks. I really want to get the other achievements, but I'm more of a 100% hunter than an achievement hunter, unfortunately... And sorry if this has been questioned already. I saw a comparison between Seriously 2.0 and 4SG, but 2.0 was nothing next to Veteran Gear.

• 2 weeks later...
I know that this forum is pretty much dead, but if anyone sees this, can you give me a rough comparison of how long it'd take to get 4SG compared to Gears of War 2's Veteran Gear achievement (only the lv100 detail)? I haven't actually played or boosted online on FEAR2 yet, but I've read the method (with very little understanding) and it sounds just like GoW2 KOTH boosting, and I've read that it'd take about 150 hours excluding rallying time, but I didn't time myself on how long Veteran Gear took me (may it rot in hell).

Lazy person's summary: How much longer would 4SG take than Gears of War 2's Veteran Gear take, considering there's no temporary xp multiplier and ignoring gathering people for boosting.

Thanks. I really want to get the other achievements, but I'm more of a 100% hunter than an achievement hunter, unfortunately... And sorry if this has been questioned already. I saw a comparison between Seriously 2.0 and 4SG, but 2.0 was nothing next to Veteran Gear.

Sounds like you might be interested in boosting this...I have this game but have yet to play it at all. If you are interested then let me know, I will start playing the campaign (I always like to play campaign before I do anything else). Otherwise I will continue working on Seriously 3.0.

I sure wish someone who has done this would respond to your OP before I begin boosting though, I don't want to waste a ton of time looking for other players if it is going to be a bitch of a task getting people together.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry about the late response.

I seriously doubt that I'm going to boost this anytime soon, if at all. Veteran Gear was a serious pain for me, especially since I was stuck with the lousy 20x multiplier and just barely made the deadline. I don't want to suffer through it again. If I run out of things to do, I might 100% this game, but for now I just played through the story on a different profile so that I don't have to worry about the achievements haunting me.

Since FEAR 3 is already pretty old, I doubt many people will be boosting this, especially considering how it's comparable to Veteran Gear. On the bright side, boosting should be easier since I doubt anyone will really be playing.

• 2 months later...

kinda difficult to answer, it depends all on how you boost and what kinda of multipliers Epic is offering. I will say this though, I originally did my Vet Gear ach. during a 20xp event and it only took 12 hours to go from basically nothing to rank 100. When I did FEAR 2 4 star ach. it took around 60 hours to complete and that's only if you have 2 ppl using 2 Xbox's. Both of these achievements are Hell if boosted ordinarily with no XP events or double Xbox's though and I don't know who would win that contest. But it's safe to say that Gears 2 Vet Gear is easier as long as you have a multiplier 20 or better, but it does require 2 more ppl to boost as opposed to Fear2 where you only need 4 to start a game.