Achievement Speedrun Guide

Okay so this guide won't follow the conventions of a standard x360a guide, at least not immediately, because I just want to get the information down and help you guys.

These tips are intended to help you get every achievement out of the way as fast as possible, but I do suggest playing the games properly first if you haven't done so before.

:xbut: = A

:abut: = B

:bbut: = C

Golden Axe

Preparation: Set the game options to maximum lives and health. Start the game and pick Tyris.

Utter Obliteration - You can get this on the very first enemy. Hit them until they die, and as you hear their death cry but before they hit the ground press :xbut: (A) to use magic on them. They'll die again and Achievement unlocked.

Temporary Partners - There are two enemies riding a Chicken Leg in the first level, one halfway through and one at the boss battle. Dismount one and ride it yourself. Finish the level while still on one and that's Achievement unlocked.

If you struggle with this then the second level is much easier to get this on. In fact it is possible to finish every level except the fourth one while on a mount.

Law of Gravitation - The second level begins with a huge pit to the left. There are multiple enemies so chuck one in. One down, two to go. Also, try to ride one of the two blue dragons you'll encounter during this level.

I summon thee, Dragonhead! - By the second level's boss battle you should have maxed Tyris' magic gauge, so let 'er rip! Achievement unlocked.

Tamer of the Wilds - The beginning of the third level has a Chicken Leg, a blue dragon and a pink dragon. You should have ridden the first two by now, so get on the pink dragon. Achievement unlocked.

Wielder of the Axe - You're about halfway now so you might as well continue, you'll have to start over if you'd rather play as someone else.

There's a blue dragon in the fifth level, if you can get to Death Adder while riding it and with maximum magic then he'll be a total joke. Two games to go!

---

Golden Axe II

Preparation: On Easy you cannot finish the game, but you can get all the other achievements before the cutoff point and then use a cheat to skip to the end. Play as Tyris again and away we go.

Law of Gravitation - When you come across an abyss you should be able to hit an enemy into one, that's if he doesn't walk into it outright.

Come forth, King of Fire! - Play until you max out Tyris' magic gauge. Depending on which Magic option you chose, press or hold :xbut: (A) and cast her maximum magic. Achievement unlocked!

Master of Beasts - There's a Chicken Leg, a green dragon and a pink dragon to ride. As soon as you mount the pink dragon the achievement will pop.

Now reset the game.

At the main menu, highlight options then press and HOLD :xbut:+:abut:+:bbut: (A+B+C). Once in the options menu, RELEASE :abut:+:bbut: (B+C): while keeping :xbut: (A) held.

Use only :abut: (B) to confirm your selections until the player select. I'd suggest picking Gillius now, he has the strongest physical attack.

The screen will turn black with a 1 in the middle, you can release :xbut: (A) now.

Press :xbut: (A) until the 1 is a 7, then press :start: to go straight to the final boss battle.

Kill off Dark Guld, but we're not quite done yet...

Coliseum Champion

From the main menu, select The Duel. You'll face fourteen battles with increasingly tough sets of opponents, so use a bit of save scumming to make the mode easier to complete. I'd suggest picking Gillius for this again Achievement unlocked and onto Golden Axe III!

---

Golden Axe III

Preparation: There is a level select cheat but using it will render you unable to get the Good Ending, so we're in for the long haul!

To get the good ending you need to reach the final boss with a "Grade" of B or higher and without using a continue.

PICK CHRONOS LAIT. He's the panther dude on the left of the character select and he has the most broken attack in the game, :dright::dleft::dright::abut:+:bbut: (Toward, Away, Toward, B+C), which is an unblockable dash that he is invulnerable while performing. You can delay each movement slightly if you like and still pull it off.

Abuse this attack liberally along with savestates to get you through.

Law of Gravitation - It shouldn't be too hard to whack an enemy into a pit, you'll unlock the achievement this time provided you knocked a baddie into a pit in the other two games.

Pacifier of Creatures - While the route you take doesn't matter at all for the good ending you should take the high road whenever you're given a choice.

You'll ride a pink snail-dragon in the first level, a green snail-dragon in the third, a red dragon in the fourth and a green dragon in the fifth upon which the achievement will pop.

You need to do this in one run. On my first run I took the low routes and the green one didn't appear at all while on my second I skipped one thinking I didn't need to ride it again.

Wielder of the Axe - If you didn't do well enough to get the good ending and you've beaten the other two games then you'll get this achievement upon defeating Damud. Otherwise, read on.

Golden Axe Forever - Provided you did well enough then you'll fight Damud a second time. Defeat him again and you'll get this achievement.

This One Stands Alone - Back at the main menu, select Versus Mode. It's much easier in this game, first you select a character to play as and then you get to fight against all four main characters and the Griffin, in any order you choose. You can even play as the Griffin in this mode, although I'd suggest just picking Chronos again to make it really easy.

If you've followed the tips then that should be your 400G! Let me know if you have any questions or if anything is unclear.

Edited by Exu

This is a very well written guide Exu! Thank you for the level select cheat in Golden Axe II, it saved me an extra useless playthrough. I was wondering why I was missing the 100 point achieve for clearing all. Then I realized I played second one on easy instead of normal. Warped to level 7 beat the true boss and plink. Thanks again.

Well, I just came over from the Streets of Rage board, hoping you had written a similar guide for GA, so I was delighted to find this. Spot-on, just like your SoR guide.

Thanks for putting them together, and for facilitating a quick 800gs!

p.s. I had played GA 1&2 back in the day, but never GA3. That Chronos move is ultra-cheap, but I was thanking it every step of the way. That B rank can't be easy under "normal" conditions.

Try it a little more slowly. I had trouble too at first but the input speed is actually pretty lenient. Once you get the hang of it you should be plain sailing.

Also, map B+C to one button if you haven't already so it doesn't whiff.

Hey Exu,

Do you have a level select cheat for GA 3

Thanks

From Gamefaqs.com

Golden Axe 3

Level Select

At the character select screen highlight the character you want to use and press A, A, A, A, Start, C, C, C, C, C, C

But as mentioned by Exu using it will make it so you cannot recieve the good ending.

Edited by Majinbro

From Gamefaqs.com

Golden Axe 3

Level Select

At the character select screen highlight the character you want to use and press A, A, A, A, Start, C, C, C, C, C, C

But as mentioned by Exu using it will make so you cannot recieve the good ending.

Yes many thanks i was of aware of that,i dont mind playing through it again.

Cheers anyway

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks for the guide Exo!

However can we please get a difficulty rating x/10 on the difficulty of these acheivements? They don't look very hard but can anyone chime in on this? On a scale of 1 to 10 in terms of difficulty, how would you rank this?

Thanks.

question i just beat the all three games but didnt get the 100pt cheevos saying i did, but i did get the true ending one, do i have to beat ga3 again with a bad ending??

id rank it a 3

Same here. Did it exactly how the guide told me and the 100 GS achievement didn't pop. I also rode all of the beasts for Golden Axe III and that achievement didn't pop :/

TC, you need to add achievement tiles, gamescore and the description of achievements. Good guide but a bit of lack of presentation and cluttered no offense. You also need to add a roadmap.

Good example- Borderlands 2 Achievement guide, take a note of that and go back fix this guide. I rated it 3 out of 5. Sorry, i had to be blunt about this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
TC, you need to add achievement tiles, gamescore and the description of achievements. Good guide but a bit of lack of presentation and cluttered no offense. You also need to add a roadmap.

Good example- Borderlands 2 Achievement guide, take a note of that and go back fix this guide. I rated it 3 out of 5. Sorry, i had to be blunt about this.

What a stupid post! Go back and read the first sentence in Exu's original post. It's not meant to be a conventional achievement guide, it's meant to get the info down and help everyone, like it did me.

Exu thank you so much for your excellent guide, it helped me a lot! Five stars, since I appreciate your help and I actually read your post.

Edited by unkled20

• 4 years later...