I finished hardcore achievement!!

Wikked1

I'm at 3-5 currently. Almost there, just have to settle another 14 more levels, but I should get it some time next week. (since I'm working on 53,595 kills in L4D)

Edit: I would also like to say that I don't really have a problem with the sentinels. I just memorize thier pattern and hopefully I make it to the end.

Update: Finally beat hardcore today. :) So now, I'm a happy beaver. I just got to get all of the single player cakes, complete multiplayer mode, and multiplayer mode cakes.

Edited by a random cat

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

Well I guess I can add my name to the list. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be but there were some frustrating points. I got through 3-17 on my third try.... But it tool me a number of more tries to beat the final boss. Does anyone else find it annoying that you are forced to watch the cutscenes over and over when you have to restart?

Man, i hate HATED HATED! level 2-6 :mad:. I must have died on that level more times than i did the entire rest of the hardcore campaign. 3-17 was a little annoying as well but not half as annoying as 2-6. Oh ya, and i also hated level 3-9 on multi-player, especially the part where you had to jump up the side wall, get the cake, jump over to the left platform, hang on the ledge to have enough splodes to jump on the NEXT left platform. Then me and my co-op partner had to both activate those devices at the same time and THEN splode into each other to get to the next checkpoint. God, i dunno which level i hated more come to think of it :confused:.

Well I guess I can add my name to the list. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be but there were some frustrating points. I got through 3-17 on my third try.... But it tool me a number of more tries to beat the final boss. Does anyone else find it annoying that you are forced to watch the cutscenes over and over when you have to restart?

Yes that was extremely annoying. I had to watch that damn cutscene on level 2-6 like a billion times. Also on the second boss fight. Luckily i killed boss #3 on my second try so that wasn't too bad.

Nearly finished on noraml, not looking forward to this!

It's not quite as bad as it's made out to be. Some parts get annoying, such as having to watch the same cutscene several times and trying to get past the slow-dropping barrels (just clear cache and re-download the patch later).

Okay. RESPECT to all people who actually got that achievement. I barerly made it through the campaign on NORMAL...

Man, I was so happy when I finally got past the second world, imo that one has the hardest levels of the entire game. The last world also has annoying ones, but for some reason, they are just extremely lenghty.

I absolutely suck at this game, but I DONT know what people hate about SENTINELS. I hated the long LIFT parts in the second world, where you have to splode from moving walls, avoiding spikes, lasers and using barrels while maintaining enough energy to splode again and having perfect timing and placement. Did I mention the rising spikes from below the lift? :mad:

This game made me SPLODE, and had more than a few arguments with my folks about my frustration. They were also happy I finished and got the achievement. ;)

The so little room for variation in user-input made this game a living hell just after the first boss. You might as well let a machine play the levels, and you are guaranteed a win, even on hardcore.

Okay. RESPECT to all people who actually got that achievement. I barerly made it through the campaign on NORMAL...

Man, I was so happy when I finally got past the second world, imo that one has the hardest levels of the entire game. The last world also has annoying ones, but for some reason, they are just extremely lenghty.

I absolutely suck at this game, but I DONT know what people hate about SENTINELS. I hated the long LIFT parts in the second world, where you have to splode from moving walls, avoiding spikes, lasers and using barrels while maintaining enough energy to splode again and having perfect timing and placement. Did I mention the rising spikes from below the lift? :mad:

This game made me SPLODE, and had more than a few arguments with my folks about my frustration. They were also happy I finished and got the achievement. ;)

The so little room for variation in user-input made this game a living hell just after the first boss. You might as well let a machine play the levels, and you are guaranteed a win, even on hardcore.

People hate the Sentinels because they can sometimes kill you from off-screen. And every so often they can actually shoot THROUGH the walls and kill you. You must be very lucky if this didn't happen to you that much, cause just about everyone i've talked to has complained about this in one way or another.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally put this misbegotten game in my rearview mirror last night. 3-17 was a challenging slog, as others have noted.

Seriously, I don't know what the design and development philosophy is at Twisted Pixel, but if their other offerings are this frustrating and needlessly, pointlessly difficult, then 'Splosion Man is my last purchase from them.

Congratulations to all others who have completed it, and for those still working it who read this, know that the feeling of victory when you finish this... Doesn't nearly make up for all the hair you've torn out, and likely the controller you've broken, but it does help.

Again, well done, everyone, and glad to have joined you so I never have to pick this game up again.

:uzi:---> 'Splosion Man

BW

• 2 weeks later...
Finally put this misbegotten game in my rearview mirror last night. 3-17 was a challenging slog, as others have noted.

Seriously, I don't know what the design and development philosophy is at Twisted Pixel, but if their other offerings are this frustrating and needlessly, pointlessly difficult, then 'Splosion Man is my last purchase from them.

Congratulations to all others who have completed it, and for those still working it who read this, know that the feeling of victory when you finish this... Doesn't nearly make up for all the hair you've torn out, and likely the controller you've broken, but it does help.

Again, well done, everyone, and glad to have joined you so I never have to pick this game up again.

:uzi:---> 'Splosion Man

BW

The Maw is very easy and has very easy achievements. We'll see what Comic Jumper is like.

• 2 weeks later...

I just beat it as well, it was no where near as hard as I thought it would be. Playing co-op is much harder.

Oddly enough, I think it skipped a level. When I loaded it up today, I was expecting one more level, yet I was at the last boss.

I remember in the normal mode, there was this spot where you have to dodge super fast rising water.

Or wait, I remember now, that was to get the cake in 3-17, god I'm glad I didn't have to do that in hardcore mode, haha.

Edited by Earthbound_X

• 2 weeks later...

Got this achievement today.

It's not exactly difficult, but i'ts REALLY frustranting, 'cause every time you make a tiny mistake, you have to start the level all over again.

I think it's more of a test of patience than skill, and I'm really glad it's over.

Now I'm only missing multiplayer achievements.

Is anyone up for it? I don't know anyone else who plays this game.

• 2 weeks later...

This is one of those achievements I thought would be much harder to get than it actually was. It was frustrating having to restart the level after every death, but that was about the only difference I noticed between this and normal.

• 2 weeks later...