Game Freezing

Anyone else having issues with the game freezing a lot once you get a bit into it? I got to 43% complete in the first 2 days with no problems, then all of the sudden it has frozen 4 times on me today and I have lost a lot of time redoing things. I was in the 3rd level of the game just now with almost 1.5 million studs and all collectibles for the level and it froze on me for the 4th time today. The 3rd time it froze it bugged my game, I had just bought Treasure x4 and was almost finished with all collectibles in Port Royal when the game froze. When I booted the game back up Treasure x4 was no longer unlocked in my Extras, yet my 1 million studs I spent on it were gone. So I went back to where I bought the red hat and it was no longer there, making it impossible for me to ever buy the hat again even if I collected enough money again (and therefore unable to get the 100% or red hat achievements). So I had to grab an old save backup from my USB drive and lose hours of time. I have a friend who wasn't even finished with Film 2 and had already locked up this morning, so there seem to be some issues with freezing in the game. Anyone else having problems?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had several freezing issues. none as bad as yours but after one particular freeze the bridge in the far left that leads to the witches hut no longer works! I already bought the hat and opened the door with the second barrel so it doesn't matter but still...I have heard several people have simalar issues like yours!

EDIT***2nd to last level in the 2nd movie freezes at the end when playing freeplay only. and this happens when I still have 2 minikit bottles left! (THERE GOES 100%, UNLESS I WANT TO START FRESH), I really hope they do a patch...but they probably wont going by ALL the previous LEGO games and there issues never being fixed. =(

I always back up my saves to a USB drive, so when my game got bugged I grabbed the most recent save from my backup and lost a little bit of time but at least I already had all of the story mode finished. I have 6 achievements to go now, hopefully nothing will get bugged form here on out. I think everything else is just collectibles from here on out.

I just don't understand why Travelers Tales never patches ANY of their games (LEGO games at least!)...many people still cant get 100% in harry potter, including myself! I'm 2 achievements away...find and save all students in peril and 100%...well I saved the student and he is standing in the same spot (not held captive) and that's it...it never gave credit and the game acts as though he is saved and not there! This was a glitch that happened to several people. All the money they make on a family rated game should allow for a team to iron out a patch...its sad really

Well, my game is offically broke thanks to freezing. On Stranger Tides, Chapter 2: Queen Anne's Revenge. My game freezes at the same spot every single time. As soon as I get up to the second level of the ship, it feezes. Done it atleast a dozen times already. Can't finish the game............

I may be in trouble as well. My game freezes at aprox the same time on Movie 1, level 3. It's towards the end of the level but I've tried 4 times now. Stupid question: where do you go to intall the game to the hard drive? Believe it or not I've never done it before but I'd like to try since this would screw me out of the 100%\100G achievement.

I LOVE the lego games in respect of their style, puzzle aspects, collectables etc, but is anyone really still surprised at the freezing??

The LEGO games (and therefore TT) have been glitchy on every single game they have made. TT obviously dont care one tiny bit as they have never patched a single thing. The workaround I had to use on LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy has STILL not been patched...and we are talking about almost 4 years. TT dont care at all about customer satisfaction. I have 9 lego games now (not sure that LEGO Rock Band was a TT game, doubt it was as it seems to work perfectly) and 8 of them (all except LEGO:RB) have forzen or glitched at some point. Harry Potter glitched for me on one of the gold bricks (room with clock where you can use time turner) and wouldnt unlock the brick. I was at 97% and had to start again. Pirates just froze on me now (film 4 - level 2)...i was merely running to the right and it just gave up.

As I said, I love the lego games so i continue to buy them, always hoping that they have finally decided to actually bother to test their games, yet I am always disappointed. When a level works, it is always fun to play but I always come away from the game feeling let down by their complete apathy towards the gamers and the quality of their products.

For shame TT, for shame.

^ thats one reason why i only ever rent Lego games.

Stupid question: where do you go to intall the game to the hard drive? Believe it or not I've never done it before but I'd like to try since this would screw me out of the 100%\100G achievement.

on the game window thing on the dashboard simply hit :ybut: and youll be given the options "play game" or "install".

I wouldn't blame TT fully for it. They should patch things however time restraints push them too hard. They had to push HP out according to when warner brothers wanted to publish it and they had to force pirates through the door for disneys release, and inbetween make lucas arts happy with a 3rd starwars title. Their not the ones publishing it so they aren't necessarily the ones who say when it goes gold. The QA is most likely outsourced with the publisher therefore will generally be more sloppy.

I fully agree that things should be fixed, especially when Harry Potter had some major issues, however time will tell. They have no releases scheduled at the moment so maybe it their alloted time to fix everything.

As far as the freezing goes it has happened to me a couple times on HP and Star Wars but only after a none stop 3-4 hour session. I always install my main current games and make sure I have plenty of ventilation to my machine

and have no problems even though my 360 is 4 years old.

Bugs will always over rule the positive points of a game which is a shame because this is a great title.

Just had my first freeze. They are using the same engine they've used for years now and it still has this same fatal error in the code which they STILL haven't fucking sorted. So, I would blame TTG for this totally.

It's such a fundamental issue, it really should have been sorted now. This is the last LEGO game I buy new, I'll go second hand in future as I'm not prepared to keep paying new price for these games when they are so obviously broken.

Looking forward to trying to actually play the pissing game rather than worry about freezes and glitches.

Mine froze a couple of times but then I figured out that my power pack was tucked away behind my dresser and all I did was put the fan on it so it didn't overheat. X box's arent too happy when they get hot.

Riddled with bugs, as usual with these games. Just got to the very end of the last stage of the first movie. The villain didn't follow me like he was meant to (just a jerking camera and a yellow arrow glitching around.

I couldn't make any progress, so I had to exit...I'm in no hurry to play that stage again.

Yeah, I find the freezing is taking the fun out of it. I'm starting to rush levels hoping it doesn't lock up, and cost me 30 minutes to repeat the level. I had the same trouble with Harry Potter and Indy, so it's not like it's new to the game. Shame, as this LEGO addition is the best yet, in my opinion

• 5 weeks later...

Hi, just had same problem, restart xbox, and continue game with NO EXTRAS enabled, apparantly its part of a no cheat system that will freeze the game if any extras are enabled in story mode, hope this helps.

oh and same applies to lego harry potter too.

the scrin

I may be in trouble as well. My game freezes at aprox the same time on Movie 1, level 3. It's towards the end of the level but I've tried 4 times now. Stupid question: where do you go to intall the game to the hard drive? Believe it or not I've never done it before but I'd like to try since this would screw me out of the 100%\100G achievement.

I just learned how to install games to the hard drive. And believe me it helps stop the freezing issues.

While on the dashboard you go My Xbox instead of A to play game you use Y to view details...and it pulls up another screen which has the options to Play Game or Install game...and once you install game it will stay on the system until you delete it....but you do still need to put the disc in the drive everytime you want to play.