EA Pulls Medal of Honor ‘Out of Rotation’

EA has pulled Medal of Honor “out of the rotation.” During an earnings call for the third quarter of its 2013 fiscal year today, EA COO Peter Moore explained that the series encountered poor commercial and critical reception, leading to the decision.

“We are taking Medal of Honor out of the rotation,” Moore said, calling Medal of Honor Warfighter an “obvious miss.” Moore pointed to slow sales for the entire industry as well as “poor critical and commercial reception” for Warfighter as reasons for the series decline, calling reviews “lower than it deserved.”

“This one is behind us now,” Moore said. “We are taking Medal of Honor out of the rotation, and have a plan to bring year-over-year continuity to our shooter offerings.”

“Frankly, we missed on Medal of Honor,” added EA Labels president Frank Gibeau, "and we take responsibility for that.”

Medal of Honor Warfighter was released in October 2012.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/30/ea-pulls-medal-of-honor-out-of-rotation

Bad Company perhaps?

This wold be awesome.

Please be this, I love the Bad Company games. Bad Co. 2 was WAY superior to BF3 IMO.

I have to agree with this...

Though a lot of my friends quit playing online, so I just quit playing not long after BF3's release...but it still lacked that certain "something".

Never really cared for Medal of Honor. Maybe now they can just focus on Battlefield.

what does 'out of rotation mean'

are the servers shut down for this game?

or does it just mean no map packs and updates?

Those are not affected, it just means they won't release any more Medal of Honour in their release cycle (It was Battlefield and Medal of Honour alternately).

Though a lot of my friends quit playing online, so I just quit playing not long after BF3's release...but it still lacked that certain "something".

For me it was the re-addition of prone and generally not as interesting maps. Also Bad Company 2 had my favourite PC BF game redone in the form of the Vietnam expansion. :p

Edited by Burnout x360a

I loved the first game aside from the lenght, the second one wasnt as bad as its rap but it still fell short. The question now is does battlefield become the yearly franchise or do they find something else to fill the slot. Bad Company perhaps?
I liked the prior console generation, this generation not so much. I do hope Bad Company to return, but I rather see EA squeeze in another franchise(hopefully new) than make BF an annual thing.

what does 'out of rotation mean'

are the servers shut down for this game?

or does it just mean no map packs and updates?

No, the servers etc will still work -- DLC... i'm guessing will not be created (unless one had already been in production).

It means they are done releasing MOH all together. It might stay dorment for awhile, until the majority forgets about the recent mishap, before they decide to put it 'back in rotation'.

All in all, it looks like the series has ended.

now it will be

Battlefield 4: Medal Of Honor

Honestly this would be the best possible option. Let Danger Close make the single player and focus 100% on it, and let dice focus 100% on the multiplayer. Medal of Honor's single player was pretty damn good, especially the first game.

This wold be awesome.

I have to agree with this...

Please be this, I love the Bad Company games. Bad Co. 2 was WAY superior to BF3 IMO.

I couldnt agree more, Bad Company 2's multiplayer was so much better than battlefileds. Its too bad more people dont see it.

Not a surprise.

Its the worst shooter game i ever have played.

i cant even say why,its just so horrible.

The worst thing is the combat .

The computer is just camping like terrible there is 0% action.

F.e.a.r got so bad grafic but its so much FUN because the combat is so great from the computer.

Damn this game!

its horrible.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Why does everyone say this? Bad Co 2 was a slow moving pile of shit. I play Battlefield for the multiplayer, not campaign. BC2's campaign was boring with terrible writing and humour. The MP was no better.

BF3 was superior in every way, and BF4 will be even better.

• 3 weeks later...

Just finished the game. It wasn't that bad, definitely better then the one before. I don't care about multiplayer, so can't comment on that. Not that big of a fan of COD and MOH style games anyway, I just play single-play mostly.

Just finished the game on hard, might go for another hardcore run.

You probably can find this game really cheap, give it a try.

The graphics are fantastic, especially with that HD texture pack installed.

• 2 months later...