Seek & destroy

If it's a song/match, then the achievement is, indeed, glitched. I have just 20 wins in Pro-Face Offs, let alone battles, regular Face offs, co-op, and my defeats. I play a few rounds almost every day, have since I got the game on launch day, and yet it's not unlocked.

• 1 month later...

I'm pretty sure that if your opponent or your friend in quickplay or co-op quits out of the match it will count towards the achievement because when I was playing GH:SM I unlocked the achievement "Play With Me", which is the same as this just a different name, when someone I was playing with in band quickplay quit out of the song. If you quit out I can't confirm if does or doesn't count, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't. Then again they could of changed it in Smash Hits..., but good luck anyways!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

FInally unlocked after 80 plays.

I think I've cracked it, though. Most people play some online games and then shut it off, right? I think the game doesn't save the win count in this situation, as only recently have I started saving after I play a few rounds, and it finally unlocked.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Just got mine and according to my GH online stats, I had 46 wins by the time it finally unlocked. I would like to see the Achievement Guide description changed, as it says "Ranked, Player, and Co-op online count" (which some of those don't exist as options) and would like it to add a mention of this seemingly common glitch.

• 7 months later...

i know this thread is a bit old, but as nobody came up with an answer yet, i think it´s valid to say this:

if you play 20 songs in a row with the same person (i did battle mode, strummed to death as fast as possible) it will unlock. i had around 12 matches played and my partner less than 10. we both unlocked the achievement at the same time after the 20th battle. hope this helps.

• 3 months later...

It did help a lot bro thx.

ps.I'm starting a Metallica Band called Orion, it will be at least 8 players and we will play friday nights against one another as bands and challenging other bands on xbox live all are welcome as long as they dedicate at least an hour every friday to kick ass in the leaderboards. Any instrument. Expert only. Thanks. CXZ