Things you HATE about GH: Aerosmith

The game is overall way too easy. If you can play expert on the other games, it's easier on this one. Also, not much reason to play it anymore with all the full band games out there, unless you absolutely love the plastic guitar.

I'm surprised that some people in here complain that the hammer-ons are too hard. The timing window in this game is still very very lenient. The hammer-ons on GH3 were broken. You really were never supposed to be able to hit a note infinitely way before it showed up. That's never how the mechanics in these games was supposed to work. GH3 is the only installment with that bug. Yes, it's a bug resulting from Neversoft's first outing into the rhythm genre.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the lack of songs. areosmith was my first time playing GH and beat it on easy and medium and have of hard the first day went out the nest day and bought GH3. now im about to get 2 lol.

You actually played easy . . . on this game? That is pathetic. This games Expert is like gh2 hard/medium. Hard on Aerosmith is like medium on Gh2, and medium and easy on Aerosmith are just ridicuolously stupid. It is like easy on guitar hero 2 diveded by 2. You must suck at this game. But maybe it isn't your type of game.

To all you complainers of Hammer ons and pull offs, these require more skill (even though they are easy still) than GH3. Gh3 hammer ons were just plain out stupid because you could wait a few seconds after the note passed, press the button and you hit the note.

So get better at the game.

You actually played easy . . . on this game? That is pathetic. This games Expert is like gh2 hard/medium. Hard on Aerosmith is like medium on Gh2, and medium and easy on Aerosmith are just ridicuolously stupid. It is like easy on guitar hero 2 diveded by 2. You must suck at this game. But maybe it isn't your type of game.

To all you complainers of Hammer ons and pull offs, these require more skill (even though they are easy still) than GH3. Gh3 hammer ons were just plain out stupid because you could wait a few seconds after the note passed, press the button and you hit the note.

You quoted that statement, but did you even read it? He said it was his first time with GH and to beat both easy and medium in a day is not "pathetic". I do agree with you on the hammer-on's I could not stand them on GH3 either. If it was not for Train kept a rollin and that it was a gamefly game, I would have had 1k in it. I was too lazy to practice and for that I will have to re-rent and finish it.

"my first time playing Guitar Hero"... who didn't start playing on easy? I know I did.

I've started playing this again recently and it's actually really fun tbh.

"my first time playing Guitar Hero"... who didn't start playing on easy? I know I did.

I was frustrated at that moment when I replied to him. Perhaps I was rude, but I still think starting on Easy . . . in Aerosmith is ridiculous. First time I played GH was on GH2, and I started on medium, did 5 songs, got bored then went to hard until half way. Then went back to medium finished it all and went back to hard and beat it. Easy is just completely boring and on Aerosmith it is even more boring. I can't even imagine what beginner is like on Metallica.

But I apologize for acting immature and rude (even though it wasn't to you). I guess everyone starts out differently. Some people are just good to start off with and others are not. I know in RTS games I suck . . . and will probaly always suck.

Edited by Venomized

i started on easy when i 1st started playing on gh3, couldnt do medium so i did it on a standard controller but now i can do expert with ease except some on gh3 and gh:wt

where as gh:a is concerned... wheres the struggle on the expert songs oO score hero is a struggle but thats about it

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Let's see. The fact that they put retarded co-op achievements in the game that are worth too much gamerscore (which pushes you to do them) and even though there's a glitch to do them by yourself, it's excruciatingly boring. :mad:

Seriously, I'm tired of these co-op achievements. Doing them on your own is a pain in the ass, and when I have friends over they never want to play GH, not even for like 5 minutes.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

That the Perry Duel is twice as hard as any other song on any given difficulty.

I'm new to the GH series, buying this recntly 2nd hand, didn't even have a guitar at first, and completed Easy in a single night, the only song I had to retry even once was the guitar duel, and that needed plenty of attempts.

Doing Medium, and the same is true once again.

• 2 weeks later...

Train Kept a Rollin on expert was so hard to beat. I played with a controller (its easier than guitar for me). Took about a month to finally get pass it. After such time of practice mode and still not getting past 58%, finally got to 64% then 68% then passed it. 3 STARS 123,000PTS. I'M PROUD!!! How some people can get 325,000+ for score hero I will never know. 720/1000 now. when i get my live gold again 970/1000 won't even bother trying to get score hero

• 3 months later...