TU3 info released

ColdSpider72

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still nothing on Joining mid-game and spawning as Marcus until the next game? Seems like an easy fix.

According to Rod he said if you preferred character is not in the game then you spawn as Marcus due to memory issues. Each game holds the score, characters and other information, they can't keep all characters information at once.

Jesus Christ I just had a scare, stomach did a somersault. I was in a Local lobby idling, tried to switch to an online lobby and it said there was an update available. I update and it brings me back to the title menu. I hit start and get a notification while it's still loading that I unlocked the Gold Gnasher. Now I already had the Gold Gnasher from Veteran Gear before so I freaked and thought I was reset. Luckily everything was still there.

So I guess that's another fix? It'll actually list the Gold Gnasher as unlocked in your weapon skins list, even though it's been unlocked all along.

===

I'm not happy with the "Classic" stalemates getting put on the playlist. I really hate it, the win should go to the team with more players. I don't know how people can favor that to the Man-up rule.

Still nothing on Joining mid-game and spawning as Marcus until the next game? Seems like an easy fix.

To elaborate from the previous post, the game doesn't actively read everything from the disc during a match. In the pre-match loading screen the game stores information, including the players' characters (as well as Marcus/Drone), in the console's memory so the match will load/play better. Because people that join midgame don't have their characters cached, they can't be loaded midgame. It's designed like that to get better performance out of the game, not something that's actually broken.

Edited by Veedrock

If TU4 is going to be "The Big One" patch wise, I fully expect a re-balancing of the XP system, and retroactive medals/ribbons out of it.

While Map Rotation for Private Matches would be great, that wasn't in Gears 2 so I'm not holding my breath for it.

What I would like though if for everything to count everywhere. Everything in Campaign, Horde, Beast and Versus should count towards Medals and Ribbons, particularly for Weapon kills and active reloads.

Noticed my wings are a different shade of 'bronze', like a little more redish/darker... Anyone else notice?

Yeah I did, look even more gold now.

Also notifications are in the middle top of the screen now - Very distracting when you're playing split screen! Almost as annoying as having the counter in beast mode right in your centre of vision in split screen. Why did they change that? I wonder, do they actually test this shit???

So, I can choose how to have stalemates for private Execution matches but not for private Warzone? Well shit, now idling Warzone matches has become a lot more difficult. It wouldn't be so bad if I could select a map cycle, but I can't do that either.

I was trying to get my onyx for Warzone out of the way since it is one of my least favorite gametypes and then this crap happens.

So, I can choose how to have stalemates for private Execution matches but not for private Warzone? Well shit, now idling Warzone matches has become a lot more difficult. It wouldn't be so bad if I could select a map cycle, but I can't do that either.

I was trying to get my onyx for Warzone out of the way since it is one of my least favorite gametypes and then this crap happens.

Could someone explain this stalemate thing in execution?

Um, ideally you should have your matches lasting longer than a minute >_> This helps give you Last Man Out ribbons and lessens chances of a stalemate even without the "Classic" rules. Basically if the timer runs out before everyone dies, you're not doing it right.

Could someone explain this stalemate thing in execution?

Classic stalemate off ("Man-up" rule): If the timer run out, the team with more players wins the round. This forces the losing team to "man-up" and even the score else they lose the round.

Classic stalemate on: If the timer runs out, it's a stalemate. It can be 1v4 when the timer hits 0 and it will still be a stalemate. This forces the winning team to make the push to win the round, otherwise they break even.

Personally I don't know how people prefer Classic stalemate to Man-up. It's terrible.

Edited by Veedrock

Yeah I did, look even more gold now.

Also notifications are in the middle top of the screen now - Very distracting when you're playing split screen! Almost as annoying as having the counter in beast mode right in your centre of vision in split screen. Why did they change that? I wonder, do they actually test this shit???

More gold my ass, the wings are darker...

Um, ideally you should have your matches lasting longer than a minute >_> This helps give you Last Man Out ribbons and lessens chances of a stalemate even without the "Classic" rules. Basically if the timer runs out before everyone dies, you're not doing it right.

Classic stalemate off ("Man-up" rule): If the timer run out, the team with more players wins the round. This forces the losing team to "man-up" and even the score else they lose the round.

Classic stalemate on: If the timer runs out, it's a stalemate. It can be 1v4 when the timer hits 0 and it will still be a stalemate. This forces the winning team to make the push to win the round, otherwise they break even.

Personally I don't know how people prefer Classic stalemate to Man-up. It's terrible.

Thanks for explaining that. So instead of adding a custom map rotation option they add an option to make stalemates worse. What are they smoking :eek: