Achievement Discussion

JuSt BLaZe

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking the game would be impossible to 1000/1000 offline solo. Reason for that being is that some of the Miracles, according to the Dark Souls wiki page belong to covenants that you need to rank up in by invading other peoples games.

It is all possible offline.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/dark-souls/128048-got-platinum-ask-away-anything-14.html

• 2 weeks later...
My friend completed this game to 1000G now ,he got this on the release date.

Does this mean ,this game is not that hard as it sounds like?

I have no problems with hard games ,i enjoying them ,im just still wondering if there is a difference between dark souls and demon souls.

It is hard, but not to the extent the reviewers are describing. It is very fair, so majority of your deaths will be your fault...not because of cheap AI, or broken controls, etc.

Dark Souls is pretty much "Demons Souls 2". The basic differences are, Dark Souls lost soul form, world tendencies, the nexus portals, but added covenants and is more open world. I'm probably forgetting something though

i dont think the achievements are bad on this at all n.n; most of them you can achieve through your first playthrough. then its just mopping up and yes :c thanks sif i don't want to beat you up 3 times -sniffles-.

hardest game to ever 100% prolly still belongs to mushhimesama futari, youtube hardest shmup boss or something to that effect haha ._.; yeah.

i was expecting them to be a lot more time consuming collecting stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
As of right now, I am finding this is a bit harder than DmC4.

Seriously?

I got "The best of the rest", "A cut above" and "A stunning feat" in DMC4, and I got "Way of the Master Ninja" in NG2, dark souls is a walk in the park to compare.

Anybody could Farm/Glitch for souls to raise his level over 200 and breeze his way through.

Seriously?

I got "The best of the rest", "A cut above" and "A stunning feat" in DMC4, and I got "Way of the Master Ninja" in NG2, dark souls is a walk in the park to compare.

Anybody could Farm/Glitch for souls to raise his level over 200 and breeze his way through.

Yes. But then again I'm a nut for the DMC series, and after 3...I found 4 to be a breeze. This game requires a different playstyle, one I'm not used to, which is why I found it harder.

• 2 months later...

Knights Honour: 25G

Acquire all rare weapons

To obtain all of the rare weapons, you must do a minimum 3 playthroughs for boss souls as well as cut the tails off applicable bosses and scour the world for all of the weapons. Once you have a boss soul, you need to get a specific weapon and talk with the Giant Smith in Anor Londo next to Ornstein and Smough's room.

So you have to make a minimum of 3 playtroughs...i will make 4 playtroughs because i don`t want to look at the achievements when i play this game in my first playtrough.

I want to know if you can keep your "Level" when you play a NG+ game.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Here's what I know.

Miracles, sorceries, and pyromancies you can get along multiple characters, it's a glitch that happens to 1/5 people. Knight's Honour wasn't actually hard, the only problem I had was the Stone Greatshield, I literally farmed for a hour and only got nine Greatswords. All key items but master key, are taken from you. And the blacksmiths need the ember again.

In my opinion, the worst slab I hated the most, was the Blue Slab. Hated that since I have a phobia of heights.

Knights Honour: 25G

Acquire all rare weapons

To obtain all of the rare weapons, you must do a minimum 3 playthroughs for boss souls as well as cut the tails off applicable bosses and scour the world for all of the weapons. Once you have a boss soul, you need to get a specific weapon and talk with the Giant Smith in Anor Londo next to Ornstein and Smough's room.

So you have to make a minimum of 3 playtroughs...i will make 4 playtroughs because i don`t want to look at the achievements when i play this game in my first playtrough.

I want to know if you can keep your "Level" when you play a NG+ game.

This is what you should do, at Andre of Astora, makes all the weapons you need to +10. After that, wait until you have all the Demon Souls to make them, boom those are done.

• 1 month later...
Does anybody know if they will ad new achievements for the upcoming DLC?

Nobody knows yet. But it isn't likely since the Artorias of the Abyss content is already included with the Prepare to Die Edition on PC, and it doesn't add any new ones there. The new rare weapons, pyromancies, and sorceries don't count towards the original achievement requirements in that version either. So it looks like the DLC is just going to be for fans that want to enjoy it. It won't be required or add any new gamerscore. That's what every source I've read has indicated anyway. It's supposed to be available next Tuesday. So we'll know for sure then. :)

Nobody knows yet. But it isn't likely since the Artorias of the Abyss content is already included with the Prepare to Die Edition on PC, and it doesn't add any new ones there. The new rare weapons, pyromancies, and sorceries don't count towards the original achievement requirements in that version either. So it looks like the DLC is just going to be for fans that want to enjoy it. It won't be required or add any new gamerscore. That's what every source I've read has indicated anyway. It's supposed to be available next Tuesday. So we'll know for sure then. :)

It's really their loss if they don't add them. I have the game on all three platforms (360 because I like achievements, PS3 because the community is larger but I don't care about trophies, and PC because I couldn't wait for the new content), and I'd buy the DLC for the 360 if it had achievements. If there are no achievements, it's just a PS3 purchase for me because I don't really play the 360 version of the game despite the 360 being my main console.

It's really their loss if they don't add them. I have the game on all three platforms (360 because I like achievements, PS3 because the community is larger but I don't care about trophies, and PC because I couldn't wait for the new content), and I'd buy the DLC for the 360 if it had achievements. If there are no achievements, it's just a PS3 purchase for me because I don't really play the 360 version of the game despite the 360 being my main console.

I know what you mean. I want to play the new content too. (I actually just started my playthrough a couple days ago to get ready for it.) But if it doesn't add any new achievements I might hold off on getting it for a while. I have to manage my money for the upcoming holiday releases and shopping. So this might unfortunately end up being a "Wait for a Deal of the Week" situation for me. That's not to say that I would pass up the content if it didn't add gamerscore. It's just that I want to complete the game 100% before moving on to a new game. So if the DLC added new achievements my gamer OCD would make me download it right away to get my completion back. That isn't always the case with me. But this game is going to be a very proud completion for me. So I want it to remain intact when I finally achieve it. :p

• 2 months later...

I guess this would go here?

I need tips for Sif. I can get him to just under half or so HP each time I fight him but end up dying. I've watched Youtube videos and it looks like he stands still a lot more for them and they're rolling under attacks that are hitting me. That could all just be wrong but is there any tips other than standing close to him because that isn't working for me?