FAQ - Look Here Before Posting

Shinobi273

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this might be a pretty stupid question, but is there any way to go back to Raven Rock?? I didn't know there was a Bobblehead there, and now I can't go back in. When I try, it says that the door is activated somewhere else. Any help would be much appreciated.

I know this might be a pretty stupid question, but is there any way to go back to Raven Rock?? I didn't know there was a Bobblehead there, and now I can't go back in. When I try, it says that the door is activated somewhere else. Any help would be much appreciated.

no sorry dude there's no going back there

I've got a quick question, but i think that i really screwed up, iam in level 7, and in the level "Tranquility Lane' if i complete it i go to level 8 and iam to filled with good karma and i took the bad karma way and i still cant reach neutral or bad karma.... i saved over all my files by accident so there is not one thats not in that level.... What can i do......

I thought at first that i needed to press the "drink" button constantly to restore my health which resulted in me taking a long time to recover health via water.

But then i found out you can hold down the "drink" button and you character will refill his life much faster.

I know this question may have been answered already but I was wondering when you mean by "The point of no return" do you mean right after the quest "Take it Back" that you can no longer play as the character you beat it with and the game just ends? I was just wondering because I wanted to know whether I should get the full 1000 then buy the DLC and get those achievements or just buy the DLC then get that achievement after getting the others.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know if this is the right thread, but my character is continuously swinging/firing his weapon as if im pulling right trigger.

I checked and its not my controller because its not scrolling through any guide button menus.

Is this a status effect, or a glitch or what?

I've got a quick question, but i think that i really screwed up, iam in level 7, and in the level "Tranquility Lane' if i complete it i go to level 8 and iam to filled with good karma and i took the bad karma way and i still cant reach neutral or bad karma.... i saved over all my files by accident so there is not one thats not in that level.... What can i do......

Hmm thats quite a bad situation. If youve killed everyone in tranquility lane and stole their stuff (i think you had to do this before they are dead) then i dont think is no other way to get bad karma there.

I've got a question; How the FUCK do I get into Galaxy News Radio? I've been trying to get into that joint for a loooong time and I ended up missing that portion of the main quest and moving on.. How do I get in there? I wanna meet the man behind Galaxy News Radio; Three-Dogg!

I don't know if this is the right thread, but my character is continuously swinging/firing his weapon as if im pulling right trigger.

I checked and its not my controller because its not scrolling through any guide button menus.

Is this a status effect, or a glitch or what?

Nevermind, I went to the dashboard and it somehow went away.

But I am little stuck on "Head of State" though.

I've killed all of the slavers and the objectives say

"Kill all the slavers near Lincoln Memorial".

but there is an objective arrow on Leroy Walkers dead body. :confused:

And I don't have a previous save before this quest.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

• 1 month later...
I've got a question; How the FUCK do I get into Galaxy News Radio? I've been trying to get into that joint for a loooong time and I ended up missing that portion of the main quest and moving on.. How do I get in there? I wanna meet the man behind Galaxy News Radio; Three-Dogg!

You have probably figured this out already but there is a intercom near the main door you have to use.

Nevermind, I went to the dashboard and it somehow went away.

But I am little stuck on "Head of State" though.

I've killed all of the slavers and the objectives say

"Kill all the slavers near Lincoln Memorial".

but there is an objective arrow on Leroy Walkers dead body. :confused:

And I don't have a previous save before this quest.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

just contunie on with the Hannibal side of the quest-line. it should go away as you progress further.

NOTE: when selling Hannibal the lincoln artifacts DON'T sell the rifle "Lincoln's Repeater" keep it for yourself. It's a lever action rifle that takes .44 ammo, coupled with good range and damage. Some say its one of the best non-DLC rifles in the game. I made the mistake of selling it to him and it was too long ago to reload, so even though my char is good, I think I'll persuade him to give it back with my deathclaw gauntlet.

hope that helps ya

Cheers,

I have a question about making custom weapons, I've found every component except the crutch. Are there any specific places where those are? I've been to the Super duper mart but no crutch there...also Lucky doesn't have a crutch.

Edited by Fly

I'm going to start this now before work so anyone else have more please post so we can update this.

Bobble Heads:

1. Vault 101 the start of the game when your 16, you have another chance later for another quest buts its best to get it now.

2. Raven Home, in colonel Autumns quarters do this before going to see Eden as the door closes you in.

Main & Side Quests:

1. Do not kill the overseer at the start of the game, you need him for a later quest called "trouble on the home front"

2. Do not blow the blow the bomb in Megaton, as you will not be able to do the other missions in that city such as "survival guide"

3. Go to Paradise Falls and do the job for the slaver called "strictly business" and then after it is complete go inside and talk to the boy behind a car to do the mission called "Rescue from Paradise" which I didn't even see in the guide which threw me off. Maybe its update with that achievement now.

Also word of advice keep good karma always and don't go killing everyone

Also, Make sure to complete "Strictly Business" and "You Gotta Shoot 'Em In The Head" before doing the "Tenpenny Tower" mission and choosing to help the ghouls. If you choose to help the ghouls, they will kill both Susan Lancaster and Tenpenny. Therefore, you can't complete the other two.

Update: using this "Now there is another option to finish (You Gotta Shoot 'Em In The Head) instead which may be better for you. Once you have the three keys from Ted, Dukov and Dave, head to Fort Constantine and use the keys to open some doors and retrieve the power armor held within. This is still considered a successful completion."

If you use this, you can still complete You Gotta Shoot 'Em In The Head after Tenpenny is dead.

Three things:

3. If you complete a quest but do not get the achievement ("following in his footsteps" is the main offender as far as I know), chances are you have missed one or more steps in the quest line, if you subsequently go back and do them you will get the achievement. (SPOILER: example: I spoke to Dr Li prior to going to GNR and finished the "following in his footsteps" quest with no achievement, but then went to GNR and spoke to Three Dog and even though I got no quest progress/update (as the quest was finished) I still got the achievement, as this was the missing step.) I'd assume the only way to totally lock yourself out of a quest achievement is by killing someone important to the quest, so play nice guys!

Peace.

THAT IS A RELIEF TO READ! :) I hope... lol ... I just started playing the game, and right from the beginning, I went to Rivet City to get the INT bobblehead. In the process, I spoke to Dr. Li and the other main quests - like "following in his footsteps" was not accessible -- it went right to "Scientific Pursuits" ....

So... right now... I have already missed "Following In His Footsteps" and "Galaxy News Radio" Achievements for the main quests :( ... so, if I read your post correctly, does this mean that I still have a chance at getting these 'missed' achievements for my game in progress now?

Can someone please confirm this?

I would just like to add for the possible achievement misses:

If you talk to Dr. Li, or whatever the ladies name who is in the science lab in rivet city before doing the "Following in His Footsteps" or "Galactic News Radio" quests, you will miss both of those achievements.

Are you sure about this? I just read a post on page one that said to talk to Three-Dog to get these missed achievements.

I hope you're wrong... otherwise I will have to reload a game after the vault :(

Are you sure about this? I just read a post on page one that said to talk to Three-Dog to get these missed achievements.

I hope you're wrong... otherwise I will have to reload a game after the vault :(

I can confirm this, I spoke to the Dr in Rivet City before Three Dog. I then went to Three Dog and upon speaking with him and doing his quest, I got the missing achievement(s).