COMMITTED ach. - I Got It

In my above post what I said should logically work did work but I did it around the 200 times and then logged on the next day just once and the 100 days achievement popped.

I still haven't got the 'Committed' achievement though. I am currently doing as the guide says but there's only 25 minutes to go until the 2 day period ends.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my above post what I said should logically work did work but I did it around the 200 times and then logged on the next day just once and the 100 days achievement popped.

I still haven't got the 'Committed' achievement though. I am currently doing as the guide says but there's only 25 minutes to go until the 2 day period ends.

I've tried to unlock the Focused achievement today without any luck.

This morning I went -12 hours to go from Tuesday to Monday.

In the last hour I've gone from Tuesday to Wednesday +14 hours.

I would love to know which specific days actually work for this as everybody seems to say something different.

I'm not concerned about the other 2 achievements as they can be unlocked in any 2 days.

Ok, for the Commited achievement, the 2 days for switching weeks is Wednesday & Thursday.

Last night I came online at 10pm and kept switching and loading the game between -12 and +14 hours and the achievement popped after 12 tries.

Done this from 10PM GMT right? I guess so as your also from the UK. Will have to try this next week. May even try it at 10pm on a different night. Seem's wierd that the 360 would count either a Wednesday/Thursday as the day in which a new week starts.

Done this from 10PM GMT right? I guess so as your also from the UK. Will have to try this next week. May even try it at 10pm on a different night. Seem's wierd that the 360 would count either a Wednesday/Thursday as the day in which a new week starts.

Well originally it was Monday & Tuesday but as each year has passed those days have changed to Tuesday & Wednesday and now Wednesday & Thursday. You could have got the achievement as late as this morning up until noon - -12 hours would have made the time yesterday again but yeah, just do it next week instead.

Well originally it was Monday & Tuesday but as each year has passed those days have changed to Tuesday & Wednesday and now Wednesday & Thursday. You could have got the achievement as late as this morning up until noon - -12 hours would have made the time yesterday again but yeah, just do it next week instead.

So seeing as how I live in PST California, you are saying now that it has to be done on Tuesday Wednesday???? Please let me know either here or a PM to

xio G oix

So seeing as how I live in PST California, you are saying now that it has to be done on Tuesday Wednesday???? Please let me know either here or a PM to

xio G oix

I'm not sure how different time zones affect the achievement and whether the switches are based on the time where the servers for this game are located.

As you are 8 hours behind me you should first try to do the achievement on Wednesday morning at a time where +14 hours will make it Thursday, ie any time after 10am. If that doesn't work try it again in the evening.

Wanted to give this method a try, but the original message was over a year ago, so wasn't sure which days would work. I did not get Committed yet, but Obsessive popped today.

I am in Central US, and I switched back and forth between +14 and -12, did it at about 9:30 am.

Took about 13 or some tries (probably since I had about 2 months worth of days from inserting the disc and loading it up).

Will try to get Committed the rest of the week and confirm what days worked for me.

Edited by perfecktev7

I'm not sure how different time zones affect the achievement and whether the switches are based on the time where the servers for this game are located.

As you are 8 hours behind me you should first try to do the achievement on Wednesday morning at a time where +14 hours will make it Thursday, ie any time after 10am. If that doesn't work try it again in the evening.

So I am doing them right now. On number 8 of what would be a week. it just popped up. Thanks so much man.

To help him confirm. I am in PST West Coast USA. It works as long as when you change your times on Wed/Thursday, it still is ACTUALLY Wednesday.

Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

To explain for future reference the day for this to work is advancing by one each year because there are not exactly 52 weeks in a year (52x7=364). So in 2011 it will move to Thurs/Fri. 2012 is a leap year so at some point there will be a jump of two days, but I believe this will not be until January 2013.

• 3 weeks later...
To explain for future reference the day for this to work is advancing by one each year because there are not exactly 52 weeks in a year (52x7=364). So in 2011 it will move to Thurs/Fri. 2012 is a leap year so at some point there will be a jump of two days, but I believe this will not be until January 2013.

Still haven't got around to getting this achievement yet so thanks for clearing this up in the past few posts and the quoted.

Will see if I have the time to do it before 2011!

• 3 weeks later...

This theory appears to be correct, I finally got this achievement around 9pm EST (GMT-05 Eastern) tonight switching between Thursday & Friday.

Edited by dagney mae

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Today 02/10/11, I've been trying for more than an hour and nothing !

I'm switching between 02/10 when at -12 (actually 7:50AM) and 02/11 when at +14 (actually 9:50AM)

What am I doing wrong ?? Please !

I am having the same problem :S been at it for not quite an hour yet, only have done about 24-25 switches, but it should mathematically pop at 12 switches.

• 3 weeks later...

I think the latest Xbox LIVE update killed this... I have been trying for an hour or so... switch over 30 times (I tallied them as I went).

I noticed that the dashboard now says "the time and date will be set automatically when you log into Xbox LIVE" when I am adjusting the time zone. I bet they force the time and now it won't work. I will keep trying. It is 10:45 PM EST on a Thursday when I am doing the switch between -12 and +14

• 3 weeks later...

For UK gamers

I got the "Committed" achievement on a Wednesday ( 6th April 2011 ) at 3pm by switching back and forth between -12 and +14 time zones.

I also tried it at 9am on the same day but never got it

Edited by craigyb78