Halo: Reach Anniversary DLC Achievement Guide/Roadmap

lifeexpectancy

What playlist or gametype can you get armor lock on with 4v4 all guests?

By the if your boosting you cannot play team slayer with both teams with 3 guests so what do we do?

^^ this. It's my last achievement and after 6 hours we didn't find one map that had armour lock on a defiant map. It's bullshit; there are only 1 or 2 maps and they removed armour lock from nearly every playlist available!

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^ this. It's my last achievement and after 6 hours we didn't find one map that had armour lock on a defiant map. It's bullshit; there are only 1 or 2 maps and they removed armour lock from nearly every playlist available!

If you're playing objective, that's your problem. Or if you're playing with randoms, that can be a problem too. A LOT of people in MM that aren't boosters never bought the Defiant pack.

Play Slayer gametypes man, you'll get it. We got it our first time we played Slayer on Condemned. Just make sure you don't accidentally vote for Classic or Pro variants.

Edited by lifeexpectancy

If you're playing objective, that's your problem. Or if you're playing with randoms, that can be a problem too. A LOT of people in MM that aren't boosters never bought the Defiant pack.

Play Slayer gametypes man, you'll get it. We got it our first time we played Slayer on Condemned. Just make sure you don't accidentally vote for Classic or Pro variants.

There were 3 of us boosting, so we weren't able to get into Team Slayer because the max local party size is 2. We tried Rumble Pit for a few hours, but no luck. I can see this achievement being a right bastard legit because, like you say, non boosters don't all have defiant map pack!

Overview:

-Estimated achievement difficulty:

-Offline: (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/misc/g-icon.gif)

-Online: (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/misc/g-icon.gif)

-Approximate amount of time to 300http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/misc/g-icon.gif:

-Minimum number of playthroughs needed:

-Number of missable achievements:

-Do cheat codes disable achievements?:

-Does difficulty affect achievements?:

-Glitchy achievements:

-Unobtainable achievements:

-Extra equipment needed?:

This is how the roadmap should look. It will be much easier to read. Since it's DLC you can probably add a different thing instead of cheats and missables.

There were 3 of us boosting, so we weren't able to get into Team Slayer because the max local party size is 2. We tried Rumble Pit for a few hours, but no luck. I can see this achievement being a right bastard legit because, like you say, non boosters don't all have defiant map pack!

Play squad slayer, max local players is 4 and it's 5 vs 5 games of slayer. I'm sure between your 3 boosters you can probably come up with 10 controllers. Most boosters tend to have 3 or 4 controllers lol. You can definately get the Defiant maps in rumble pit too if your 3 boosters all have the Defiant map pack, and that's another playlist that allows 4 local players so 2 people with 4 controllers each can do it.

If you can't find boosters online and you want to go for any of the Defiant ones legit, play Premium battle. That playlist requires Noble and Defiant map packs to play so you'll run into more Defiant games.

you do not have to recover your gamertag for anything. i dont have CE and got the map packs and everything worked as soon as i started the game.

Correct, the achievements show up either by downloading the Anniversary maps or by loading multiplayer off the CE disk. However, the Defiant achievements will not unlock until you've downloaded the Anniversary maps, even if they're showing in your achievement list.

Edited by lifeexpectancy

Play squad slayer, max local players is 4 and it's 5 vs 5 games of slayer. I'm sure between your 3 boosters you can probably come up with 10 controllers. Most boosters tend to have 3 or 4 controllers lol. You can definately get the Defiant maps in rumble pit too if your 3 boosters all have the Defiant map pack, and that's another playlist that allows 4 local players so 2 people with 4 controllers each can do it.

If you can't find boosters online and you want to go for any of the Defiant ones legit, play Premium battle. That playlist requires Noble and Defiant map packs to play so you'll run into more Defiant games.

Correct, the achievements show up either by downloading the Anniversary maps or by loading multiplayer off the CE disk. However, the Defiant achievements will not unlock until you've downloaded the Anniversary maps, even if they're showing in your achievement list.

Squad slayer, got it, thanks. We had 4 controllers each so I don't know why we didn't try that one! Hopefully get it tonight!

Squad slayer, got it, thanks. We had 4 controllers each so I don't know why we didn't try that one! Hopefully get it tonight!

If all 3 of you have 4 controllers, you may even want to do Premium Battle since it's supposed to have a heavier concentration of Defiant maps than the regular hoppers. I do believe Premium Battle is a 12-player gametype so it would be perfect for you.

Edited by lifeexpectancy

I beat down two people while jetpacking - from the front & one from the side and did NOT get the achievement. It looks like you have to melee assassinate (without the animation so don't HOLD melee down) and opponent to unlock it. Anyone else done it legit - if so, is this the case? I'm 0/2 thus far.

:confused:

I'm down to boost: OrbitalBooey

Im down as well Drenlin DL

Please do not use the guide thread to look for boosting partners. There is a sticky thread for that.

We seriously have to do those three on specific maps now? Way to go 343. Do they feel they should balance out getting the other achievements in custom games?

There are only 2 maps the Defiant ones can be done on unfortunately, but the Premium Battle playlist is a good place to start if you're trying to do them legit. The Anniversary ones have 6 potential maps I believe, and their own set of playlists, so it's not all that bad.

Edited by lifeexpectancy

I beat down two people while jetpacking - from the front & one from the side and did NOT get the achievement. It looks like you have to melee assassinate (without the animation so don't HOLD melee down) and opponent to unlock it. Anyone else done it legit - if so, is this the case? I'm 0/2 thus far.

Yes this is the case.

I did it legitimately, albeit with a lot of luck.

In order to get the achievement you need to also get firebird (which means you are USING the jetpack... not freefalling, but actively pressing LB)

A beat down is a quick kill from behind the person.

This differs from an assassination (the animation, you get it from holding the melee button) and pummel (just beating the person to death from a non-back side)

So you could/should walk up behind an oblivious enemy, start your jetpack, and while still pressing LB, hit (NOT HOLD) the melee button (for me it's RB, but that could change based on the button configuration you're using)

i didnt even know you could play infection on a defiant map

Basically, for all of the defiant achievements you're just praying for condemned. That means a gametype with AA, 1 flag CTF, and infection.

I don't think that highlands (or whatever the hell the other, non-firefight defiant map it) is even in the premium playlist.

Edited by Vectorman953

Not sure if anyone else has pointed this out yet, but multiple people CAN get the headhunter achievement at the same time. Just have everyone who needs the achievement get 10 skulls and then watch where the scoring 'hills' spawn. Once everyone gets 10 skulls, they all need to stand on top of one of the inactive hill spawns and wait for that hill to come up; once it does, everyone will get a Skullamanjaro medal and the achievement.

This method takes a while because it requires a lot of killing, so I'd suggest only doing it if you're not boosting with a full party of 8, but it's definitely faster than trying to get headhunter to come up multiple times.

I got it on my 1st try.

A beat down is a non-assassination melee from behind.

Not sure if anyone else has pointed this out yet, but multiple people CAN get the headhunter achievement at the same time. Just have everyone who needs the achievement get 10 skulls and then watch where the scoring 'hills' spawn. Once everyone gets 10 skulls, they all need to stand on top of one of the inactive hill spawns and wait for that hill to come up; once it does, everyone will get a Skullamanjaro medal and the achievement.

This method takes a while because it requires a lot of killing, so I'd suggest only doing it if you're not boosting with a full party of 8, but it's definitely faster than trying to get headhunter to come up multiple times.

Quoted you directly in the achievement tip for credit.

i got 10 skulls but couldnt score in time :(

the jet pack beatdown is pissing me off i keep assasinating even though i tap the melee button and not hold it :( my just under 1 k/d ratio isnt liking it very much either

Make sure you're doing it on an anniversary map. I tried on Breakpoint and Highlands but didn't get it. Went onto Beaver Creek and got it first time. Also, I recommend getting behind them, press jetpack from standing, and then quickly beating them down (assassinate but don't hold the button).

And has anyone been able to get All Alone legit yet (last man standing in a defiant map infection game)? I know I need a full room of people who have the defiant dlc, but even when I tried to boost I couldn't get it up.