New expert method

ivegotalobon

I have figured out a new method to get the expert achievement easily by winning ONE race on the EASY setting and taking it from there.

Here is the link to the solution i posted on Trueachievements

http://www.trueachievements.com/viewcomment.aspx?commentid=441064N

I have incorporated and improved on the 'assist exploit' found everywhere and also the 'expired invite' method from the ps3 forums here http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/1532971-post2.html (credit to matlock49g at ps3t) & here is my post in the thread over at ps3t http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/2657521-post98.html

***The text of my solution from Trueachievements***

Ok guys, get ready for the ratio to drop on this one. I will show you how to get the expert achievement by winning ONE race on EASY.

*** The one catch with this is you either need a friend with a copy on hand or 2 copies, consoles & gold accounts yourself to send the invites (I did it with 2 consoles) ***

After searching for additional info on the expert 'assist' exploit i came across this on the ps3 trophy forum. http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/f1-2010/93683-omfg-expert.html#post1532971 (credit to matlock49g over there)

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

Here is the basic info of the 'expired invite' exploit. (Skip to the numbered points furter down if you don't care to read this part)

Basically it is called the 'expired invite glitch/exploit' where once you finish the race click 'A' twice and DON'T go past the constructors championship page, this locks in your points eg 25 for the win, press the PS button and select one of the expired multiplayer invites. It will then try to connect but dump you back in the paddock as there is no match to join. You can then go do the exact same race again that you just raced but this time crash out/get disqualified. If you then press 'A' once and you will see that your points along with the points of the AI have added again from the previous result even though you crashed out. Go to the constructors championship screen and hit the PS button, select an expired invite etc etc. Then simply rinse and repeat by starting the race again and crash out as many times as you want/need to guarantee the World Drivers Championship. Then continue with the career crashing out until the end and the season.

The problem is that you have to find race where you can qualify and win agains the legendary AI with no flashbacks etc. So even using the exploit where you turn on the assists during the race it can still be somewhat difficult and you can make the mistake of not turning the assists back off.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

Therefore I have modified the method & came up with an even EASIER way than this & the beauty of it is you can even do it in the starting cars (HRT/Lotus/Virgin) in your first season because you will be winning ONE race on the EASY setting.

1) Turn OFF autosave

2) Start career

3) Select expert difficulty

I still recommend crashing until you get to your best track eg Montreal, so,

4) Skip to race day & crash out until your preferred race

You have the option to try qualify but if in the starting cars you won't be able to on expert. (I was in a ferrari so I qualified on pole)

NOW IS THE INTERESTING PART

5) Go back to the paddock and SAVE, keeping autosave off

6) Select EASY difficulty

7) Go to the race and win while taking out the main rivals if you can

NOW BE CAREFUL

8) After the race click 'A' TWICE & stop at the constructors screen

9) Either have a friend send you an invite to a quick match or use the second copy/console/account

10) Press the guide button and accept the invite

11) As soon as you accept, have your friend leave the lobby mening there is no lobby to join. This will then put you back in the paddock with a message saying 'connection lost'

12) Go back to your career race and select EXPERT

13) This will put you back to the previous race on RACE DAY

14) Crash straight away

15) Select retire from race then Press 'A' twice to the constructors page and accept a new invite 16) Again have your friend leave straight away putting you back in the paddock

17) Rinse and repeat until you have enough points to guarantee the championship. REMEMBER THE ACHIEVEMENT DOESN'T POP UNTIL AFTER THE VERY LAST RACE

And there you go, the proud owner of the Expert World Championship achievement

The way this works is it is registering every race on expert not counting the one on easy because we went back and did the race again on expert, I got the achievement today using this method so it 100% works.

If you have any questions/problems post a comment and I will clarify as best I can.

***Thanks o D M C o for bringing my attention to the need to select retire from race before pressing A twice in point 15

Edited by ivegotalobon

• 3 weeks later...

This is sheer genius! However, for ultra clarity on the process, you should edit point 14 or 15 to say that once crashed you need to retire from the race, I thought mine had fucked up when I wasnt able to press a twice to get to the constructors standings screen. Aside from that your guide is perfect, and possibly my favorite cheat of all time

Edited by o D M C o

This is sheer genius! However, for ultra clarity on the process, you should edit point 14 or 15 to say that once crashed you need to retire from the race, I thought mine had fucked up when I wasnt able to press a twice to get to the constructors standings screen. Aside from that your guide is perfect, and possibly my favorite cheat of all time

Ah, thanks for that and apologies for any confusion

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is seriously one the most incredible glitches/exploits/cheats/shortcuts I think I've ever seen in a video game, never ceases to amaze me the wierd stuff people find in games:)

Just done this with a friend and the expired part of the multiplayer invite technique doesn't actually seem to matter at all.

A couple of times in our boost we screwed up and I ended up in the multiplayer lobby rather than at the "connection lost" screen. So don't panic if this happens to you when you try this just hit b to return to the paddock -- also this probably means the method could be further simplified as the person sending the invite doesn't need to keep exiting the lobby and creating a new one.

Also, to clarify the one small part that had me a little worried half-way through my attempt for this:

4) Skip to race day & crash out until your preferred race

You have the option to try qualify but if in the starting cars you won't be able to on expert. (I was in a ferrari so I qualified on pole)

NOW IS THE INTERESTING PART

5) Go back to the paddock and SAVE, keeping autosave off

6) Select EASY difficulty

7) Go to the race and win while taking out the main rivals if you can

When I re-read this I had a horrible feeling that I should have either skipped qualifying for the race I was going to win, or done the qualifying before turning the difficulty down to EASY.

These are the steps as I did them:

Get to event I wanted to use the exploit on:

- SAVE & backup save onto another device, just incase :)

- Change difficulty to EASY & Start short race weekend

- Skip practice session, qualify on pole, win race, begin the exploit

- ~90 minutes later, Achievement unlocked