Achievement Guide & Roadmap by XCVii007

XCVii 007

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm also a little curious about the 22 missable achievements? Can anyone elaborate?

Also, awesome guide, will definitely be using it after the midnight launch tonight.

There are some achievements that can be missed during the missions, like "get to the compound in the hind only using rockets". But if you do miss these all you have to do is select the specific mission from mission select.

How are there 22 missable achievements? Can't you just go to mission select like every other CoD game, and get it? I wouldn't consider it missable if that's the case.

If you would like me to change it I will, this aren't completely missable, since you can redo the mission again to get them. By consensus, we can decide on that, it does not really matter to me. You can't really "miss out" on any achievement in this game.

Sweet. Nice vids for the frag and sniper ones. Done Veteran just cleaning up now.

Thanks, those are my golden eggs. :) Now I just hope no one else (like Rooster Teeth) tries to come by and copy the strat and mark it as their own. Keep an eye out. These strats should only be for this site.

WTF... this game has cheats?

No it doesn't, but that is the standard template questions used for roadmaps. If you would like for me to remove that line, I will.

of all the guides i have seen that people post up before the game is actually released, this one tops them all

Thanks, its my first one. Been lurking here a while, time to contribute.

you never really added much info rather than videos (which is enough(but not all the time))

cheevs like frag master you never mentioned what level it is .. we aint played yet so we dont know.

Check the video out my dude, the level and even the objective in that level is pasted on the video itself. I don't leave things for people to guess. Let me know what achievements you are having issues with, and I'll fill in the details if need be.

not trying to criticise but can you be a bit more descriptive with how to get the achievements. i've got most of them but it'd be nice for others to know when and where you get most of them. say like the 'slingshot kid' you should add the best place to aim to get them, because its a pain in the arse using trial and error on them.

The descriptive in the achievement itself is descriptive enough. I was able to complete them without having to need more hints. If you want a video guide for the Vorkuta sling shot mission, you got it.

This game really easier than MW2? damn..

Veteran is not really that difficult, there are 2-3 points in the game where it is frustrating simply because of the infinite respawn. The later levels are not an issue, at least for me.

There are some achievements that can be missed during the missions, like "get to the compound in the hind only using rockets". But if you do miss these all you have to do is select the specific mission from mission select.

Yes, thanks for mentioning that. That is exactly what I mean when I wrote 22 missable achievements. Though they are missable in a playthrough, they are not lost forever.

Check the video out my dude, the level and even the objective in that level is pasted on the video itself. I don't leave things for people to guess. Let me know what achievements you are having issues with, and I'll fill in the details if need be.
I have one could you please fill in details for the Hands Off the Merchandise? having trouble getting the zombie to appear?

Nice guide so far but I know it WIP but just planting vids doesnt make aup a guide.. I hope you're gonna add descriptions to each achievement?

Agreed. I wouldn't want to load up a bunch of fucking YouTube videos when I could just read a little description.

Death to Dictator:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwulPyShlcw]YouTube - Call of Duty Black Ops Death to Dictator Trophy/Achievement HD[/ame]

I think you should add more info to the achievements to how to obtain them, dont just leave the description, like "Date Night" watch a film with a friend"... how do I watch it, where do I unlock it etc.

slingshot kid and vehicular slaughter:[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPmtgaGBGCg&feature=related]YouTube - Call Of Duty Black Ops Achievement Guide (Slingshot kid & Vehicular Slaughter)[/ame]

Edited by dda1996a

Agreed. I wouldn't want to load up a bunch of fucking YouTube videos when I could just read a little description.

Here you go with descriptions on how to find all 42 Black Ops Intel locations:

http://www.videogamesblogger.com/2010/11/08/call-of-duty-black-ops-intel-locations-guide-xbox-360-ps3-pc-wii.htm

XCVii007:

Feel free to add that link to your video of all Intels.

Many hands make light work as they say. :)

the least you can do is give me one little credit for the video I gave you

Bro, I didn't use any of your videos in this guide or for my guide.

Thanks for this but really could use some more detail dont have the game yet but will tomorrow.

Let me know what details you need. I have completed the game already and don't have any hindesight on which achievements need it. To be honest, a lot of them are very straightforward.

See Me, Stab Me, Heal Me 15:gsicon:

Fire a Pack-a-Punched Ballistic Knife at a downed ally to revive them from a distance. can this be done with a 2nd controller?

I don't have a second controller, but I have thought about that and, yeah I suspect it would work. Try it and confirm, and I'll credit whoever confirms it.

Frag Master isn't unlocking for me I kill 5-6 enemies with one frag and don't get it I'm doing it on easy difficulty tho

Difficulty doesn't matter. Just make sure you throw it in the window of the car like in the video. It should pop up, unless some enemies are too far away, and survive the blast.