Halo 2 remake to be presented at E3 2013?

Walecs360

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watch, just to fuck with us all, should a trilogy remake happen for next-gen system, one cheevo would be complete all three games on legendary alone for 50gs. Oh I know someone is thinking of some kind of bullshit like that

You forgot the part where it says "in one sitting, without being killed".

Using Legacy Southpaw Inverted controls.

combined with Sensitivity 10.

Don't give 343i any ideas. >_< I struggled doing Legendary solo in Reach.

I was thinking about Halo 2 the other day, if i played on PC i would redo it and get the achievements and all, but i don't. I still got my xbox version and was thinking of redoing it. Halo 4 really push me into the halo story and its been a LOOOONG time since i done Halo 1 and 2. Im gonna pick the anniversary version very soon. So if they do it ill be happy.... but i can live without it.

Remaking Halo 3 tough... seem pointless and dumb.

There was a rumor of this before. They said they were too busy to remake Halo 2, but would do it if they had the time. I don't see them making it any time soon if they're already busy making Halo 5.

I had a shitty Halo 2 experience. Lots of pop-in. If you played it on the 360 it wasn't there. My xbox was shitty and every time I played campaign, the disc drive would make deep scratches on the disc and I couldn't play campaign. I guess that's what happens when you take your xbox apart and not put it back together with skill like those sweatshop asians.

At this point, if 343i even does make a Halo 2 remake, it'll be a miracle if they include multiplayer that actually runs on the original engine, and not just a map pack for the previous Halo release (i.e. Halo CEA maps for Reach).

They should at least release the multiplayer intact with splitscreen or system link support!

There's no reason why Halo CEA couldn't have had its multiplayer retained still. Not everyone necessarily wants/needs LIVE support. To cut such a feature is such a disappointing waste and given that that release was about reliving the original game itself it'd make perfect sense to have retained the very feature that gave people great memories in the way they had to back then anyway (i.e. splitscreen/link).

I agree, multiplayer made the game. The campaign was one of the weakest in the series, with some parts purely an exercise in frustration. Poorly executed skulls and secrets, dodgy pop-in and now I look back some pretty blocky graphics too.

But the best multiplayer maps in the the entire Halo series! Best balancing of weapons, best use of space, simple but effective matchmaking UI, clan support. It was just awesome!

Shame about the net code, at least that has improved....

Oh...