Achievement Discussion

L3giOn

• 6 months later...
Like always, the question is : if you finish it first on Hard mode, will it unlock the Easy and Normal achievements ? Or will it be Bullet Witch style ? Last question : is the game so hard you must do it on Normal first or can you start on Hard if you're just an OK player ?

You have 31k points. You are more than an OK player. Play hard. You r00l xD

The IGN review (8 out of 10) says the game lacks challenge and is 12 very linear hours long. Disappointing IMO, but on the plus side this looks like a quick 1000, since there's no tacked-on multiplayer a la The Darkness. I'll buy it when the price goes down. I love horror games, but I need more bang for my buck...

I Just started playing, and i am playing it on hard. i unlocked the achievement for beating al khali on hard but didn't unlock it for beating it on hard. So, i think you have to beat the game atleast twice. It doesn't appear that the achievements are stackable. Nevermind later on in the game it unlocks so you should be able to unlock everything in one playthrough on hard.

Sounds pretty easy. Just one quick question though: What does "without being incapacitated" mean? Many achievements have this in their description.

It means without dying. Since there's a guy who can revive any of your fallen comrades, I guess you have to make it through without using that ability, or maybe without having your whole team decimated.

Just got the game... im not normally too impressive on shooting games but i am doing this on hard. within about 10minutes i had completed al khali on hard.. so there should be no problems for anyone in doubt on doing it on hard or nomral :drunk

got this game today,already finished it,got some of the extra achievements along the way.im just wondering if the GOD one's are in a single play through or if they're cumulative?also,im guessing that you use Delgado's power to incinerate (pretty obvious) but how do you disintegrate enemies for the other set of achievements?

Quick question for the achievements relating to "Pop X amount of Heads" and "Disintegrate X amount of enemies". Which weapons do you use for these? I would think that Blacks Ghost Bullet could pop heads, if they mean getting an exploding headshot. Also for the disintegrate would you use Delgados flame arm, or some exploding rounds of ammo?

I got a question about the killing achievements? Do I have to do them during one playthrough or does the game count it in the next round I start to play?

They are cumulative over all play throughs. When you quit a mission or go to the next one that's the info it saves. I beat it on Hard and keep redoing Flesh to get the few achievements I need on Easy. Another note, not much difference between easy and hard. Just play through on Hard, not too difficult. And being incapacitated means if the person you control goes down while you in them and you have to switch bodies you'll have to reload checkpoint.

They are cumulative over all play throughs. When you quit a mission or go to the next one that's the info it saves. I beat it on Hard and keep redoing Flesh to get the few achievements I need on Easy. Another note, not much difference between easy and hard. Just play through on Hard, not too difficult. And being incapacitated means if the person you control goes down while you in them and you have to switch bodies you'll have to reload checkpoint.
Thanks. So the only thing is I shouldn't go down while doing Blood...Cheers...

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I've gone through about 7 episodes (just passed path of souls) and only unlocked 1 achievement :( This game is so frustrating! Should I restart the whole game on hard if it's not much it's not much more difficult than easy? I take it the bad guys take less damage from shots and do more to you being the difference...?