Crafting & Ingredients Guide with Maps

II OE II

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finished a second play through and thanks to this guide I got everything. If only I would have unlocked the "Epic" achievement as well, but for some reason this is still glitchy. Get it together Bioware. I love your games and I will most likely play a 3rd time, but I would like to have a full score for all my hard work.

How do you get the Cave Crawling quest in act 2? If i remember right its the one where you find Zevran. Except in the game i loaded from DA:O i killed Zevran... Its the only quest i havent been able to find. Does someone know what the problem is here?

Edit: just remembered that quest is A Murder of Crows or something like that. So how do i get Cave Crawling?

Edited by ReallyRedPants

Thank you for doing this!!! I could NOT have gotten this achievement without this guide. I have no sense of direction so instructions like "to the south of the area in which this quest occurred" are not helpful because I can't remember where that quest occurred! So the maps here were invaluable.

I have one thing that I noticed, and it may already be in the 4 pages of comments; if so, I apologize. Although I completed the Herbalist's Tasks in Act 1, and all the ingredients were checked off as Sol having received them, it still showed as an Active quest. In Act 2 when I went back to Sol it said he didn't receive everything he had asked for but that he might need my help in the future. I completed his Act 2 tasks, but the Life Ward Potion recipe did not show up. In Act 3 I went back and was able to purchase the potion recipe.

• 2 weeks later...
Got this chievo even AFTER Isabella left. I picked up Felandris in Merrill's New Path quest and the chievo popped up. No Ambrosia but I do somehow have 7/6 Spindleweed. Not sure how I got it but I'm also wondering if that affects the achievement somehow.

Also got it to pop after Isabella left, just like the person i quoted. Thought i was screwed at first but when i did merrill's quest and grabbed the Felandris it popped. 7/6 Spinldeweed and no Ambrosia

am i on my own here when i say 1 of the ingrediants glitched on me?

1 of the embriums in the wounded coast in act 2 claimed i picked it up when i didnt so now im 1 short and in act 3 although i did buy 1 from the emporium

but now i dont think ill get my achievement...unless un-installing dark emporium then re installing will work?

am i on my own here when i say 1 of the ingrediants glitched on me?

1 of the embriums in the wounded coast in act 2 claimed i picked it up when i didnt so now im 1 short and in act 3 although i did buy 1 from the emporium

but now i dont think ill get my achievement...unless un-installing dark emporium then re installing will work?

I wouldn't say your alone because in this thread there has been a lot of people saying that a certain glitch happened, and to be honest I'm pretty sure I've heard of this issue your having.

As to whether your screwed or not, well the only way to know is to get the rest of the ingredients. I don't personally think that there has been a clear cut answer for an issue like that. What you can do is if the achievement doesn't pop you could go and see if you have a save at the beginning of Act 2.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I haven't seen anyone mention this, but I think a new warning needs to be added. After completing Anders' side mission Dissent in Act II, don't select all aggressive options, it leaves you unable to do the Justice mission in ACT III, which in turn means you cannot get the Deep Mushroom. I didn't realize that by doing what I did would lock me out of this achievement, guess I should have played it safe. There may be a way to get the mission even by selecting the aggressive options, but if there is I couldn't find it....either on my own or by scowering the internet. In fact, I couldn't even find any mention of the possibility of Justice being locked, even on the Dragon Age Wiki.

I had 3 achievements left when I started my 3rd playthrough, aside from the new DLC chievos, One of them was Supplier. By what I've read here, I'd think that I would have come across an extra ingredient somewhere, but I didn't...even though I do remember having extras of at least one ingredient in my 2 previous playthrough. I'm going to need a 4th playthrough just to get this last achievement. As far as I can tell, this guide doesn't show the locations of any of the extra ingredients that you might find, it would be good if that could be added as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I haven't seen anyone mention this, but I think a new warning needs to be added. After completing Anders' side mission Dissent in Act II, don't select all aggressive options, it leaves you unable to do the Justice mission in ACT III, which in turn means you cannot get the Deep Mushroom. I didn't realize that by doing what I did would lock me out of this achievement, guess I should have played it safe. There may be a way to get the mission even by selecting the aggressive options, but if there is I couldn't find it....either on my own or by scowering the internet. In fact, I couldn't even find any mention of the possibility of Justice being locked, even on the Dragon Age Wiki.

im pretty sure i selected all agressive in my 2nd playthrough and still got justice in act 3. i could be mistaken though

I had 3 achievements left when I started my 3rd playthrough, aside from the new DLC chievos, One of them was Supplier. By what I've read here, I'd think that I would have come across an extra ingredient somewhere, but I didn't...even though I do remember having extras of at least one ingredient in my 2 previous playthrough. I'm going to need a 4th playthrough just to get this last achievement. As far as I can tell, this guide doesn't show the locations of any of the extra ingredients that you might find, it would be good if that could be added as well.

i think the extra ingredient (spindleweed) is only available for sale in the black emporium, and my guess is it was put in to make up for missing the ambrosia if isabela didnt come back at the end of act 2

• 2 weeks later...

I've been using two guides (this one and an official Prima gide) to try to find all the ingredients, yet they conflict far too much. I've just started Act II (although I did make a back-up in Act I so I could go back if I absolutely had to), and even though I got all the ingredients according to THIS guide, I still have a Spindleweed being offered to me in the Black Emporium. Moreover, the official guide states there are two Spindleweeds in Lowtown in Act 1, yet, after thoroughly combing it, I only found the one.

EDIT: Ok, for some reason the official guide was wrong in that regard, and this guide proved more helpful. Thank you! I was able to get the Achievement now. Thank you.

Edited by Arem1771

• 1 month later...