Achievement Guide

TooMuchCowbell

@Apple: well i can confirm that holding it up to your speakers while the song is playing in rock band will give you a gold star and i recited the declaration into it while it was playing and both gave me a gold star. the video of the declaration probably isn't clear enough for the game to give you a perfect star or you just didn't activate overdrive enough.

You know what, I'm pretty sure Overdrive never even went off now that I remember. haha, silly mistake :p

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good news: I finished the guide at school during lunch. Bad news: The school computers crashed on me, so I lost the achievements that I wrote up on.

I'll re-write the couple of achievements left, shouldn't take that long. Going to add a few touches like bolding the song names and such right now.

Edit: Oh, wait. Nevermind, they did save. Suh-weet. Only the endless setlist ones left to do. I hope people don't blame me if they collapse while trying to get The Bladder award.

Edit 2: Guide is done. I wrote alot for Platinum Artist and The Bladder of Steel Award. Will fix it up a bit before I request a sticky. I said that none of the disconnecting controllers or hitting guide button will work.

Edited by TooMuchCowbell

http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/897/897508/rock-band-2-game-only--20080808103303241.jpg Challenge Savant - Complete 25 Challenges on Expert Difficulty. 25G

For these achievements, you just have to beat the amount of challenges listed on the said difficulty. Keep in mind that you are binded by the lowest difficulty, so if one person is on easy, and the rest are on expert, you only get credit for expert. On top of a completed challenge, you will see an E for easy, M for medium, H for hard and X for expert.

Just wanted to point out a typo. You only get credit for the lowest difficulty. So it should read if one person is on easy, and the rest are on expert, you only get credit for easy. :D

http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/897/897508/rock-band-2-game-only--20080808103313835.jpg Comeback Kid - Defeat the last player that defeated you over Xbox LIVE in either Score Duel or Tug of War. 15G

For this one, you need to lose to someone online, and then play them again in the next match and beat them. The easiest way to do this is if you are able to play at a harder difficulty like Hard or Expert, go down to medium. Go into a match and purposely lose. After the match is over, go to their gamercard and make them a preferred player. Most likely, they will be going back to find another match, and you should too. If all goes as planned, you should be in the same match as them, and since it is on medium, you should be able to beat them. May take a couple of tries.

I have verified that this can be done via Player Match. For those trading, a minimum of 3 matches will get you this. Quickest way to get this is playing Charlene as that is the shortest song. :D Edited by GaMeReVX

My son got the 'cheev during Tug of War. He got 100% and it popped. (Damn me, I missed one note and didn't get it) This might be a glitch but it makes things 50% easier since you only do half the song and solo's are a breeze....

EDIT: This is confirmed! I did it myself playing Tug of War against no one on my other guitar (and by some luck I won too...)

The song We Got The Beat has a total note count of 482, but on Tug of War it's only 346. I had 100% so it gave me the cheev.

It is also CONFIRMED to work for the Bass, Vocals and Drum achievements.

(It makes Silver and So Watcha Want even easier than before)

Easy gs for all....

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/qd/U4/04CLiGJhbC81CxsFG1lTWTY5L2FjaC8wLzFBAAAAAOfn5-wX1bU=.jpg

I did this one last night on guitar and bass, works like a champ.

Just wanted to point out a typo. You only get credit for the lowest difficulty. So it should read if one person is on easy, and the rest are on expert, you only get credit for easy. :D

Lol, fixed it. I obviously was not thinking when I wrote that. I had it correct in the Endless Setlist description.

The Kill is another song perfect for the turner- bachman award. got roughly 2-3 minutes of the song in it, bass and guitar on expert. Also, if you're doing challenges in a band, whatever youre going for everyone gets. I can confirm, my friend got it playing bass when we were doing guitar.

Query:

Can anyone confirm that the "Clothes To The Edge" achievement requires $100k worth of purchases on one character? It would make sense that way, but it doesn't specifically state that; as such, I wonder if a grand total of $100k across multiple characters would work.

I'll see what I can do about confirming this one way or another, but I thought I'd see if anyone else knows anything about it before I go wasting that much time.

I think some of the achievement points might be wrong.

A guy on my friends list have a secret achievement worth 35G, but none of the ones listed in the guide do :S

edit:

oh, i think it's Buy A Real Instrument Already!

i know it's not a big deal, but you haven't listed it as a secret achievement, but doesn't that mean that the achievement aren't listed properly?

Edited by edd__

i dont no if this has been posted yet but if u no someone who has unlocked the impossible challenges for a given instrument u can play with him online and go straight to the impossoble challenge instead of playing all the challenges (but u have to get an invite from the player u cant invite the person with the impossible challenges unlocked)

I think some of the achievement points might be wrong.

A guy on my friends list have a secret achievement worth 35G, but none of the ones listed in the guide do :S

edit:

oh, i think it's Buy A Real Instrument Already!

i know it's not a big deal, but you haven't listed it as a secret achievement, but doesn't that mean that the achievement aren't listed properly?

Like I said before, I used the achievement list that was on the site before the game's release. There were some very minor changes to descriptions and the achievement "Bragging Rights" became "Victory" for beating someone at a Tug of War or Score Duel Match. The Buy a Real Instrument Already achievement became a secret one. I didn't think it mattered that much, but I'll re-arrange it.

As for doing the Impossible Challenges with someone who has already done them. I had heard rumours, but nothing concrete. Will add to guide.

Alternative method: Play "Wave of Mutilation" by The Pixies (assuming you imported RB1 songs), the solo is very easy, just tapping orange notes and a couple of blue notes. Nothing quick, and no hammer ons. The solo comes up kind of quick after a chorus, but once you know when to expect it, it will be easy.

That song Wave of Mutilation worked for me, Also They Say by Scars on Broadway is the easiest song known to man for expert flawless guitar

how do i sign up for battle of the bands... your things says simply go to it and play it... i dont know if its just my RB or x box but it keeps saying i have to sign into rock central.. i ahve no idea what that is... might want to mention that.

"Rock Central" is just another name for the servers. It should connect automatically.

Like I said before, I used the achievement list that was on the site before the game's release. There were some very minor changes to descriptions and the achievement "Bragging Rights" became "Victory" for beating someone at a Tug of War or Score Duel Match. The Buy a Real Instrument Already achievement became a secret one. I didn't think it mattered that much, but I'll re-arrange it.

As for doing the Impossible Challenges with someone who has already done them. I had heard rumours, but nothing concrete. Will add to guide.

im 100% positive i just got my impossible drums achievement that way with pmpboarder u can ask him for verification

I saw in another thread that to get "Buy a Real Instrument Already" you just have to do a challenge in the last tier on expert, it doesn't have to be THE bass challenge or guitar challenge etc. Can anyone confirm?

for the buy a real instrument achievement all you have to do is complete an impossible challenge with all members on expert, thats how the descripition reads which i would assume is very self explanatory however i can break it down further if you like.

"In order to gain this achievement you must first work on an instrument challenge series (drums, vocals, bass, guitar, band). As you progress through your chosen series you will eventually make it to the last of 7 challenges, called the impossible challenge. Each impossible challenge must be unlocked by playing the respective instrument through all 7 tiers. Once you get to the impossible challenge just play it on expert and pass and the achievement will unlock.

It is important to note that all of the preceding challenges do not have to be completed on expert in order to get to the impossible challenge tier. You can complete them on any difficulty you wish, it is just essential that your impossible challenge be completed on expert in order for this achievement to unlock"

good enough description for you? :D (oh yeah thats copywrited! jk)

Also just a note, i dont know if somoneone has covered this already but for the comeback kid achievement, the absolute easiest way to do this is by doing it on easy bass at the most obscure time that works for you and a friend. I did this achievement last night with dex at about 2:30 or 3am and we were able to play 3 matches in a row together which got us both the achievement

Ok can you you tell me when I'm doing wrong with the Along for the Ride achievement. I was signed into the guitar and turned on another controller for vocals and did the Fender Apprentice or whatever with guitar and vocals, guitar on hard and vocals on easy (I suck at multitasking :p), didn't fail any songs, finished the 3 song set, and it didn't give me the achievement! Is it glitched or something?

Ok can you you tell me when I'm doing wrong with the Along for the Ride achievement. I was signed into the guitar and turned on another controller for vocals and did the Fender Apprentice or whatever with guitar and vocals, guitar on hard and vocals on easy (I suck at multitasking :p), didn't fail any songs, finished the 3 song set, and it didn't give me the achievement! Is it glitched or something?

since yur account was on the guitar what u would have needed to do was go to the vocal apprentice challenge then u will get the achievement i hope that helps

congrats on the sticky. now if only someone will sticky the FAQ.

back to world tour now lol.

Thanks lol I didn't even notice it. I'm just going to write tips on the hardest songs. I've played all of the hardest bass songs except Panic Attack and they are stupid easy. Other than that, the guide's done but I can still add some more here and there.

http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/897/897508/rock-band-2-game-only--20080808103314976.jpg Flawless Drumming - 100% a song on Expert drums. 25G

Again, if you've done it on Rock Band 1, use that same song. You can use Silver by the Pixies which is by far the easiest song. Also, Charlene is easy too, it is only 90 seconds long. Those are both DLC, but as for you non-DLC folk, I'm currently looking for a song that's easy to get 100%, if you've gotten it on another one, post below. Another tip, once you get overdrive, don't use it. Just take a break during the fills, it will give you less notes.

As far as this one goes, what about Livin' On A Prayer, Today, and if you exported songs, there's always I Think I'm Paranoid.