Call to Arms Achievements to be Obtainable in Private After Title Update!!

JOsHuWa v2

Just an FYI the TU won't come out until the next part of the VIP/season pass is out. Not this free map we got today.

okay, when is the next part of the VIP/Season Pass.

it said NEXT TU, so, now. but no.

i have the VIP/Season Pass, and download the free dlc 5/14/13.

and i here i thought, i can jump into judgment, get Like A Boss, Surprise, BOOSHKA and the rest on private, because it is NEXT TU, so, 5/14/13, but no, now i wait. :mad:

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

okay, when is the next part of the VIP/Season Pass.

it said NEXT TU, so, now. but no.

i have the VIP/Season Pass, and download the free dlc 5/14/13.

and i here i thought, i can jump into judgment, get Like A Boss, Surprise, BOOSHKA and the rest on private, because it is NEXT TU, so, 5/14/13, but no, now i wait. :mad:

Yes, the next TU. The free DLC was not a title update. You didn't have to download an update when you started up the game on 5/14.

Yes, the next TU. The free DLC was not a title update. You didn't have to download an update when you started up the game on 5/14.

so, the free dlc 5/14/13, no title update, just 1 map for overrun.

but when is the next title update.

i heard 6/4/13 or 6/11/13 the next dlc is coming.

There you have it. Announcement is next week (probably on Wednesday to coincide with the free map release) so we'll have to wait until then. You figure it'll be three weeks after the Dreadnought map since all the DLC has been around three week intervals.

3/29 - Haven map

4/23 - Call to Arms DLC

5/15 - Dreadnought map

6/4 or 6/11 - New DLC?

Depends on the GS it adds, though. Officially, you're allowed to add only 250 GS each quarter. Of course, in the past the rule book has been disregarded when it suited MS or they couldn't care less. Time will tell, I guess.

------

so, the free dlc 5/14/13, no title update, just 1 map for overrun.

but when is the next title update.

i heard 6/4/13 or 6/11/13 the next dlc is coming.

Well, there you go. 6/4 or 6/11 if your sources are correct.

Once again DanielH is talking out of his ass again and passing off speculation as fact...

He says he "heard" that the next DLC was on 6/4 or 6/11 because that's when I SPECULATED on 5/10/13 it might be coming out based on the releases of all the other DLC's. The past ones were released between 3-4 weeks after each other, so naturally one MIGHT expect "Lost Relics" to hit on 6/4 or 6/11. This is not a source, this is only speculation, and Daniel can't tell the difference.

TriRock then noted (in this very thread, mind you), that since GS can only be added once per quarter, it might wait until possibly July (3rd quarter since "Call to Arms" was released in the 2nd quarter), but since they just announced this today, I doubt they would wait a whole month and a half to release this DLC, especially since they are losing customers by the minute.

And now, according to this story, it is definitely being released in June (no date given), thus going against Microsoft's own GS-release policy.

But there's still no confirmation as to what will be fixed with the title update. Will "Surprise!" finally be addressed or ignored...? As with other Gears title updates, we probably won't find out until a few days or a week before the DLC hits.

I SAID DON'T MOVE!!!

Edited by bLaKgRaVy

bLaKgRaVy, clam down, okay, clam down.

i am NOT taking out of my ass.

i read the 6/4/13 or 6/11/13 VIP/Seaon, as fact, not speculation, and that IS what i was going on.

calling capture the flag, Breakthrough is wrong. what is next King Of The Hill called Royal Flush for judgment.

i have VIP/Season pass, great. sighs. more maps, more problems, but we have the call to arms achievments ON private AFTER 4/23/13 to now. shakes head.

Edited by DanielH

i read the 6/4/13 or 6/11/13 VIP/Seaon, as fact, not speculation, and that IS what i was going on.

calling capture the flag, Breakthrough is wrong. what is next King Of The Hill called Royal Flush for judgment.

i have VIP/Season pass, great. sighs. more maps, more problems, but we have the call to arms achievments ON private AFTER 4/23/13 to now. shakes head.

It isn't CTF, though. There is a single flag. The offensive team with the flag has to break through the defensive team to plant the flag. Breakthrough seems appropriate enough. KOTH will never be in Judgment. They said that today on the dev stream.

Then what's your source? The only official factual source was posted on the Epic website, and they did not reveal the actual date of release. Anywhere else you read it is called speculation because they simply don't know.

http://epicgames.com/community/2013/05/gears-of-war-judgment-dlc-lost-relics/

It isn't CTF, though. There is a single flag. The offensive team with the flag has to break through the defensive team to plant the flag. Breakthrough seems appropriate enough. KOTH will never be in Judgment. They said that today on the dev stream.

While a different gametype in Gears is a welcome change, it's the same stuff they've been churning out since Halo 2. There is no originality anymore. It's basically the same as One Bomb in Halo or (sort of) Demolition/Search & Destroy in CoD, but with a flag instead of an explosive, with the exception that you have limited lives.

I SAID DON'T MOVE!!!

Edited by bLaKgRaVy

Then what's your source? The only official factual source was posted on the Epic website, and they did not reveal the actual date of release. Anywhere else you read it is called speculation because they simply don't know.

http://epicgames.com/community/2013/05/gears-of-war-judgment-dlc-lost-relics/

While a different gametype in Gears is a welcome change, it's the same stuff they've been churning out since Halo 2. There is no originality anymore. It's basically the same as One Bomb in Halo or (sort of) Demolition/Search & Destroy in CoD, but with a flag instead of an explosive, with the exception that you have limited lives.

I SAID DON'T MOVE!!!

I wasn't saying it was innovative or unique, I was just explaining why the name Breakthrough was appropriate for the game type.

All you who can't get 5 wins in FFA don't deserve the achievement. Complete BS, just because you no skill cry babies whined they are making something that takes skill into free gamerscore. The surprise achievement was worthy of complaint, but you guys are little cry babies.

Your right, these achievements shouldn't be made available in private. But having to wait through the rotation of all the maps on the DLC playlists is total bulls**t! They should have made the maps easily available or the achievements not map specific.

All you who can't get 5 wins in FFA don't deserve the achievement. Complete BS, just because you no skill cry babies whined they are making something that takes skill into free gamerscore. The surprise achievement was worthy of complaint, but you guys are little cry babies.

Are you kidding me? It was only available on 1 of 7 rotating maps. So that means if you got 2nd place on the right map, you'd still have to wait another 6 rotations to attempt again. I did it against bots and it took 8 hours of me winning every single map. Sometimes it's not about skill but the time it takes to obtain some of these achievements.

Achievements are meant to be achieved the fair way, I agree, but the map rotation is complete bullshit, and you know what? Even through achievements are meant to be achieved fair way, I will do them in private too, why?

1) I don´t want to waste time doing it

2) I´m good in this game, but I´m no guy that plays it all the time, so I definitely can´t be 1st every time.

3) This game is not even worth it, it´s shit lol!

And what do you think about me, not achieving it the "fair way"? Well, I don´t give a damn f*ck. So why don´t you just go with it to some other forum, where people care? Cause this is not the forum, you´re on damn cheevo site lol!

Are you kidding me? It was only available on 1 of 7 rotating maps. So that means if you got 2nd place on the right map, you'd still have to wait another 6 rotations to attempt again. I did it against bots and it took 8 hours of me winning every single map. Sometimes it's not about skill but the time it takes to obtain some of these achievements.

Pretty much this... waiting the whole rotation again just to be able to have another shot... way too long for nothing. Like i said on DLC map would had been a good compromise... Blood Drive + Boneyard... and they didn't had to kept that playlist forever, maybe just until the next DLC... or something like that.

Well said!! The map rotation should not have been included with the old maps. 7 rotations is crazy when you go for a winning on a specific map, and some FFA games last quite a long time.

The reason they added the old maps because there wouldn't be shit for maps in the playlist. It would be two maps. A lot of people would not play it and play normal matches. They try to compensate for everyone not just people going for achievements.

When the next dlc comes out, I can see them doing a dlc only playlist with no old maps in it.

The reason they added the old maps because there wouldn't be shit for maps in the playlist. It would be two maps. A lot of people would not play it and play normal matches. They try to compensate for everyone not just people going for achievements.

When the next dlc comes out, I can see them doing a dlc only playlist with no old maps in it.

I do understand that. But however, it would be nice if you could choose the map you wanted to start your first game on in Quick/Ranked Match, or choose DLC only playlist.