[Redacted]

SolidSnarf86

Just received email from Amazon on Swap Force Pre-order:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Skylanders-Giants-Swap-Force-Xbox-360/dp/B00D6NKRBK/ref=sr_tr_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1370619854&sr=8-3&keywords=skylanders+swap+force]Amazon.com: Skylanders Giants: Swap Force: Xbox 360: Video Games[/ame]

If you pre-order you get lightcore hex for free. That is you get a ticket/coupon on release of swap force to get her for free. Thought I would fill you all in on this. Also some screen shots and pics of the characters you get in the new starter pack. Happy Hunting.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just received email from Amazon on Swap Force Pre-order:

Amazon.com: Skylanders Giants: Swap Force: Xbox 360: Video Games

If you pre-order you get lightcore hex for free. That is you get a ticket/coupon on release of swap force to get her for free. Thought I would fill you all in on this. Also some screen shots and pics of the characters you get in the new starter pack. Happy Hunting.

I really hope that's not the only way to get her and how long we will have to wait. Very dirty move. Tsk tsk.

Its up on Gamestop's website as well: http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/games/skylanders-swap-force-starter-pack/109933

I called my local gamestop about it and they knew nothing, but I only saw this like 10 minutes before they closed so I couldn't grill them. I will go give them the shake down tomorrow.

I don't have a series 2 hex yet, so I wont mind a free lightcore.

I figured with all the hype over Swap Force I'd post some links to the videos on YouTube. I know most or some of you have already seen these, but for those who haven't here you go:

Swap Force Game Play Demo

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VRgfc_lR1w]Game Play Demo: Official Skylanders SWAP Force - YouTube[/ame]

Swap Force Starter Pack Hands-on

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmtQTUtCCnk]Skylanders Swap Force Starter Pack Hands-On - YouTube[/ame]

Swap Force Teaser Trailer

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHaGAXzmiTg]Teaser Trailer: Official Skylanders SWAP Force - YouTube[/ame]

I originally thought the idea of switching tops & bottoms wasn't a great idea but after watching these videos it looks pretty good. Just my opinion. :)

Thank u for the video footage. Im glad to see that activision is combining all the game characters to play on one game. Its also nice to know that with swap force all skylanders can jump! Cant wait for the madness of searching starts all over again.

I have three characters left to get and I'll b done...

Edited by caseysrodeo13

Just a heads up for those who dont know, Polar whirlwind will b available this coming saturday the 22nd at ur local gamestop. Its an exclusive for gamestop. Also if you preorder swap force starter pack you also get the litecore hex character at no additional charge. You get the character for just perordering swap force.

Good luck to everyone......

Yup, got my Polar whirlwind. Now its just the long wait until drobot s2. We know we are getting Lightcore Hex with swap force in october.

What is interesting is the poster they gave out drop some interesting news on who we are getting a series 3 version of. The ones we know:

Stealth Elf

Terrafin

Spyro

Eruptor

Trigger Happy

Considering we are only getting 2 series 3s of each element my wife and I have been debating who they will be.

I say they are going to make a series 3 of the 8 characters that didn't get made (Prism Break, Wham Shell, Warnado, Sunburn, Camo, Ghost Roaster, Boomer, Voodood) and then I say Wind will be Lightning Rod, Undead will be Cynder, and Water will be Gill Grunt. Who do you think they are going to make?

Prism break got a series 2 and a lightcore. It was Dino rang who did not. And I mostly agree with your list but I hope the air one is sonic boom as I don't like lightning rod that much lol. Also I hope we don't get a series 2 giants, keep them special I guess. .

Yup, got my Polar whirlwind. Now its just the long wait until drobot s2. We know we are getting Lightcore Hex with swap force in october.

What is interesting is the poster they gave out drop some interesting news on who we are getting a series 3 version of. The ones we know:

Stealth Elf

Terrafin

Spyro

Eruptor

Trigger Happy

Considering we are only getting 2 series 3s of each element my wife and I have been debating who they will be.

I say they are going to make a series 3 of the 8 characters that didn't get made (Prism Break, Wham Shell, Warnado, Sunburn, Camo, Ghost Roaster, Boomer, Voodood) and then I say Wind will be Lightning Rod, Undead will be Cynder, and Water will be Gill Grunt. Who do you think they are going to make?

I wish they would do another Ghost Roaster release for s3. I just want one and don't care if it is s1 or not. I can pick up the rest of the Darklight crypt pack for under 30 total on ebay beside the character itself. Boomer would be nice also.

I got Polar Whirlwind at gamestop and finally all the pets during their promo on saturday. See myself bbuying a bunch of frito lay chips when the giant pets promo starts in 4 days. I haven't seen any packages on shelf yet.

I'm hoping they have a Swap Force playable demo at SDCC in a few weeks when I go.

Edited by sleepydumbdude

http://skylanderspromo.young-america.com/skylanders-promo-coming-soon

BTW don't know if it was mentioned but the target preorder card has a chip that grants upgrades in game.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/06/27/target-offering-magic-cards-with-skylanders-swap-force-pre-order/

Cost a dollar to reserve and you don't have to follow through with the reservation. I am going this weekend to get two.

Edited by sleepydumbdude

bah, I'm having no luck.

Though I did pick up the exclusive target reserve card for Swap Force. it doesn't say what it does exactly, but it only cost me $1.

I don't know if the cashier dropped the ball on having me reserve, but I'll buy that for a dollar.

Yeah they are just a dollar, I got a total of five of them. I was just going to give them to friends and hold on to them for future friends who might play.

A few of my friends are waiting on swap force for next gen systems and won't get that card for reserving. Since they aren't online anyways I'll just get the 360 one. Maybe get the XboxOne version when they start going on sale for 30 a year from release.

Yeah they are just a dollar, I got a total of five of them. I was just going to give them to friends and hold on to them for future friends who might play.

A few of my friends are waiting on swap force for next gen systems and won't get that card for reserving. Since they aren't online anyways I'll just get the 360 one. Maybe get the XboxOne version when they start going on sale for 30 a year from release.

If you go to your local GameStop you should be able to pre order Swap Force already for the PS4. Do not know about Xbox One yet, but the graphics on the PS4 will far outweigh the Xbox. Been an Xbox fan for years now switching back over to PS4. Graphics and everything else will be better. Just a heads up.

If you go to your local GameStop you should be able to pre order Swap Force already for the PS4. Do not know about Xbox One yet, but the graphics on the PS4 will far outweigh the Xbox. Been an Xbox fan for years now switching back over to PS4. Graphics and everything else will be better. Just a heads up.

You don't get any exclusives (at the moment) for Swap Force on the next gens so preordering it pointless since the last ones have been easy to find on release.

It seems series 2 drobot has hit the shelves. Ive seen it on ebay, thou Im not sure what store{s} may have it.

The sooner I find it the better. Gotta start saving money for swap force...

Seen him at Target but bought him from amazon.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Activision-Skylanders-Character-Not-Machine-Specific/dp/B008OSDGSI/ref=pd_sim_vg_6]Amazon.com: Activision Skylanders Giants Single Character Pack Core Series 2 Drobot: Video Games[/ame]

When they stock him then he should show 9.99 or below.

• 2 weeks later...

My wife works at Raleys and they just got a whole mess of skylander stuff in today.

They got the promotional chips for the sidekick.

They got a ton of S2 spyros, along with S2 Drobot and others.

In the promotional chips (make sure you look for the ones with the big skylanders advertisement on the bag) you get a code to redeem for one of the sidekicks (still gotta pay $2.50 shipping) as well as 3 coupons:

$1 off any skylander or skylander giant figure.

$10 off any skylander giants starter pack

$10 off the skylanders swap force starter pack (I'm a fan of this one).

Unfortunately they don't stack so I donno what ima do with my 3 extras.

BTW: Are there any triple packs left?

Because I'm collecting triple packs and therefore only want to purchase single characters that are NOT released in triple packs.

The last triple pack I got was that containing Wrecking Ball, Fright Rider and Flameslinger.

So if there's going to be a triple pack containing S2 Spyro, S2 Hex and/or S2 Drobot, I'll rather wait.