Death Star II Undefeated Rubber Band Strategy

arikmoon

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Easy as Pie. Position a rubber band to keep the X button down. This frees up your thumb to do all the barrell rolling you can want, AND MORE!

Shooting torpedos is also a breeze with the rubber band in place.

The best way I can describe the positioning is a northwest to southeast line, on the right controller grip. The rubber band goes between the battery pack and RT/RB, and then across the X button holding it down, all the way down to the lowest right tip of the controller grip.

The rest of the strategies for Death Star II apply: use the TIE interceptor at all times (except for blowing the core, then use the Millenium Falcon), barrell roll constantly, and don't forget that hearts do not disappear on this level.

I was so happy this worked as well as it did, I messed up a couple of times in the last section because I kept barrell rolling. Then I realized...there are no fighters here, so it's just manuevering.

Good Luck, and I hope this helps you.

Thank u so much I was convinced i would never get my 1,000! Ur strategy made my speakers go Bloop! Achievement Unlocked.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Almost made it. In the final part, I dont know how but I hit something and blew up, trying to escape from the blast. Sucks. But at least I got further. The tip was good but I just need better execution.

This keeps happening to me. On the second escape part, I hit something every time and get caught in the fire :mad:

Edit: Nvm, tried again and did it without any problems.

Edited by jj harvey

• 2 weeks later...

Bleh. Without the rubber band trick I get to the core 50% of the time. Now I always get there, but I've still died in there at least 20 times.

Anything I'm doing wrong? The OP says to use the Falcon, but I don't see why. I'm lucky if I can kill one of the wall things with the Falcon.

Edit: Wow. I swear this game hates me. I just tried it again, made it all the way, and the game froze before it gave me the achievement. Really.

Edit: Took me a few more deaths. Finally figured out what I was doing wrong with the electro-wall thingys. But I made it. Ugh. This is even worse than Mile High Club on CoD4.

Edited by zyxomma100

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...