Just played multiplayer for the first time in a long time....

Diamondxinferno1116

And my oh my has this game changed!! At release everyone used different strategies and guns but now its all about KNASHER AND RETRO! its rediculous and idk if they enhanced the shotguns stats again but i die from insane distances now. Anybody else notice this or am i all alone on this one?

Retro's always been a bit OP in the right hands (I can't use it to save my life!), so I'm guessing that even with the nerf it got when FR came out that's it's still deadly at medium ranges with practice.

The Gnasher has not changed since TU6 in Gears 2. O_o (I guess if you count that the pellets disappear after like 15 feet in Gears 3... maybe? :confused: )

I understand the Retro concern, but not so much the Gnasher part :p

The Gnasher is the OP weapon, and always has been. Its a shotgun and should do a lage amount of damage at short range which should then decrease the further away the target is, but it doesnt.

The Retro is good at short to medium range because its downside (accuracy) is actually a positive. When you shoot the Retro it sprays bullets from left to right and up an down covering a wide area. This works to your advantage because opponents trying to kill you, especially those using the Gnasher, bob and weave, which is a tactic from Gears one and two that makes it difficult for people aiming down the sight with Lancers and Hammerbursts to hit them as they close for the kill. The bob and weave doesnt work so well against the Retro because the peron using it doesnt have to aim down the sight and the bullet spread will hit the opponent regardless of the bob and weave. At Further range if controlled burst are fired, accuracy isnt to bad, and you can easily take down people because the Retro does more damage than a lancer and Hammerburst. I personally think it is a great counter balance to the OP Gnasher.

Edited by ExtremeRugburn

• 2 weeks later...

Actually I'm pretty sick by the Gnasher too tbh... Sometimes when you shoot someone it does almost no damage even though it was a direct hit (try this in private against an idle controller, you'll see what I mean) and sometimes when it's been active reloaded it downs you from close range, not melee range, in 1 fucking shot, not to mention it can still do a bunch of damage from far away as well, especially when active reloaded... It's far too inconsistent, especially when some shots just do no damage pisses me off..

people complaining about the retro being overpowered dont know what their talkiong about. The gnasher is ridicolously overpowered and always has been. you just have to learn to accept it

Retro does consistent damage over ANY range, the accuracy just gets tricky. The Gnasher's pellets actually disappear, and it has a much lower ROF.

The Retro lancer is technically "overpowered" for a rifle, it pretty much fits the role of a pseudo-shotgun if anything.

Also as a gentleman stated above, the Gnasher is inconsistent sometimes because of the pellets- the Retro will never have that same problem.

All I will say is that the gnasher shotgun is very inconsistent, and the retro is strong in a 1v1 situation. The one thing that I have found to be truly OP is when an entire team will bunker down and active lancer and boltok the entire match. It is a tactic that my friends and I will use if we find ourselves in a bad situation or on a bad host. Very rarely does this tactic lose from my experiences.

the gnasher has never been overpowered.it's just that guys who can't consistently stop gnasher users always complain about the weapon.WHAT THEY DON'T MENTION is that unlike the gnasher or sawed off...ALL of the rifles have stopping power.and it's really ridiculous.

I have no issues with stopping power slowing me down if I'm flat out charging at a rifle user.BUT WHEN IT STAPLES ME TO EVERY PIECE OF COVER IN THE GAME REGARDLESS OF WHAT I'M DOING OR WHERE THE BULLETS ARE HITTING ME FROM,THAT IS FLAT OUT CHEAP.

I'm a gnasher user above all else but I won't say that the gnasher is perfect.I understand that those who can't use it find other means.that's fine.but to say that the weapon is overpowered is doing nothing more than showing how blind ppl r when they say that.and I don't think the retro is overpowered but I will say that ppl on here have a good point that the retro really does do the SAME EXACT AMOUNT OF DAMAGE regardless of range.fact.