Mission Help Thread

Zeta333

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Ok here it is, Operation Ascend (Hard mode): What I use are two extra long laser blades for my weapons and on your shoulders use either the self tracking rockets or flares, do not equip your AC with any other weapons so as to keep it as light as possible. When you start the scenario use the over boost and rush the entrance side stepping the guns that are in front of the opening, go in and fly up to the first fan like object and use your laser blade on the middle part of it in order to destroy it. Do this with each of the remaining ones keeping in mind that there will also be this floating weapon that will try to destroy you so you may want to take it out first. Also each time you destroy one of those fan like objects get over to the side quickly otherwise when it falls it will take you with it! Once you have destroyed all the fan like objects and your at the top there will be one more of those floating weapons so take it out and QUICKLY!!! exit out of the top and go to the first of the three floating fortresses, get on top and keep slaming it with your laser blade until it is destroyed then go to the next and then the next. While going from one fortress to the next use your shoulder device (either self tracking rockets or flares) in order to counter the rockets that the fortresses will be shooting at you. While dealing with the fortresses try to stay as low as possible otherwise the laser canons on the ground will destroy you!!! You will probably have to try this several times but it can be done. Disregard the enemy on the ground when you first start this scenario, just get by them and into the building where you can start your ascent. I hope this helps. MT&^

• 4 weeks later...
Yeah i need some help on the mission SEA OF BLOOD please, the AC on this level keeps obliterating me so could someone give out a suggestion on what weapons i should use against this A hole. Thanks in advance

Try the kojima arms with the ogotos on the back, the kojima will take care of the 1st AC and if you still need for the 2nd the ogotos should do the trick. Also eliminate all the normals before engaging the 1st AC

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys!!! Really need help is the "Line Of defense" mission on hard. Sir Morescu......I can't seem to beat him AND the fortress. The problem is that the Fortress shoots from outside of the Mission space and I can't reach him. On top of that, Sir Morescu Does not Miss a shot. What strategy to use and what weapons to use? Also, any tips on the "Seed a Barren Earth" Mission on hard. That's a though one.

Thanks for the Help!!!!!!!!

• 5 months later...

OK, I'm at screaming point on firefly on hard. The first fortress is a cakewalk, but the last three rip me apart... the most I've managed to get (with luck) is two of them. If I try the flying blade method, I get ripped up, if i try with kojima cannons, they won't lock on till I'm about 300 units away, which means I'm dodging laser and missiles and I get ripped apart anyway. and the darkness means I can't manually aim the cannons. (its Doom 3 all over again... advanced futuristic mecha death weapon with no IR or Lowlight vision modes... and there's a full bloody moon too, so 'its too dark' just does NOT cut it.)

OK, I'm at screaming point on firefly on hard. The first fortress is a cakewalk, but the last three rip me apart... the most I've managed to get (with luck) is two of them. If I try the flying blade method, I get ripped up, if i try with kojima cannons, they won't lock on till I'm about 300 units away, which means I'm dodging laser and missiles and I get ripped apart anyway. and the darkness means I can't manually aim the cannons. (its Doom 3 all over again... advanced futuristic mecha death weapon with no IR or Lowlight vision modes... and there's a full bloody moon too, so 'its too dark' just does NOT cut it.)

I used a single moonlight blade setup, geared toward keeping my energy for maneuvering. Slice at the back or top of the fortresses where they have no guns. Practice on the initial fortress to get some techniqe of getting into a position to slice them. If you take a hit from the first fortress, you can probably forget about that run. You can also try adjusting your tv settings to decrease the contrast and lighten up the screen. Keep at it, you'll get lucky on a try and nail it. Personally, the kojima cannons were utter fail for me.

Have you done Ascend yet? That one is a beast too. Three fortresses while ground based cannons shred you.

Yeah, did ascend with kojima cannons and motocobras, though it was rather tight on the time I did it (5000 ap left, with one wounded fermi and no cannon shots left... had to nibble the last one to death with the cobras and hope it didn't nuke me... I got lucky)

Edited by Fuu Phoenix
I DID IT!

• 2 years later...

I'm not sure if anybody still reads this thread but i'll try anyway. Swarm of red eyes mission is giving me trouble to get the S on hard. I noticed that if you take any damage from the normals it pretty much means your screwed on getting S. So I want to know how other people did it.

I'm not sure if anybody still reads this thread but i'll try anyway. Swarm of red eyes mission is giving me trouble to get the S on hard. I noticed that if you take any damage from the normals it pretty much means your screwed on getting S. So I want to know how other people did it.

Were you able to get this one? It will take me a while to get to running this mission as I have RL commitments already. I think I just used the guide's recommended NEXT. You can try using ogotos and laser rifles if I am thinking of the correct mission.

This is the one that you need to prevent a base from being bombed by a swarm? Something else you can try is changing your NEXT parts to lower your AP (if that is a score criteria).

That worked thanks just got 1000! That was a confusing misson for me cause even with an A rank I would get negative money, so I thought that would mean I'm nowhere close to beating it. But even with an S rank I got negative money so I should have disregarded that thought from the beggining.

• 1 year later...