Are you so addicted to achievements that you would play ANY game for points?

Krazie

Okay, so this question came into my head today..

All the games out right now are okay for any of us to be playing. Already, we have done some stuff that we wouldn't normally do in a game just to get the points. Some people have gone as far to cheat in getting the online achievements (which i havent done, who knows if i ever will).

But my question is, would YOU play any game if they had some easy achievements? Would you mind if you had Barbie Wild Horse Adventure on your gamer tag with 1000 points if it took you 2 hours to beat? How about Mary Kate and Ashley Licensed to Drive? These are just some examples of course, but would you play these just to get the easy points?

Hell, I know I'd play some Dora The Explorer for some points :D

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, i didnt think i would but then i joined a game rental site and find myself renting anything to get points, I would never have contemplated an american football game before yet i got john madden for an easy 1000, the same goes with tony hawkes which i hadnt played since the first one on the ps2 (think it was tony hawks 3) even though i never got the final 100% achievement (dont think many folk could be bothered with that unless they had bought it) i still got all the rest of them. One thing i dont think id do though and thats buy arcade games just for the extra 200 points or whatever it is that they provide, will limit my obsession to proper games (not that arcade games arent proper games but youz know what i mean), gamerscore is just the best idea ever

Yes I would rent Barbie Wild Horse Adventure and Mary Kate and Ashley Licensed to Drive, but I would blame it on the fact that I have a 2 year old daughter :D, not that she is old enough to play the xbox. I give her a unhooked controller and she will sit in front of the TV for hours thinking she's playing...lol.

No. I play games because I want to. If a easy 1000 comes with it, then great! If not no big deal. I would never rent a game thou just for an easy 1000. Points are cool and all..But they are worthless. It will get me nothing out of life. Plus there is too many "cheaters" and people who take them to seriously. Its not even fun to compete anymore because people rent games (mainly sports) Put everything on super easy and get the 1000 as fast as they can. And take ghost recon. There is a cheat code that gives you "god mode" Where is the fun in that?

Heck, I know I would! Unlike some of you guys, I actually started my XBOX360 life with RR6 and it feels like I've been playing it for an eternity - so yeah I would play something easy and off the wall to get some GS points.

My take on the whole GS thing:

GS=crack:eek:

Microsoft=dealer

gameplayers=crackheads

Majority of us are hooked to the points - some more than others - and we're going alot farther to get them than we normally would in a game. YES... me included.:rolleyes:

I dont understand why you guys are mentioning RR6 in here, from my understanding, i havent played it, but some of the achievements are tough..

I'm saying, would you play a Sesame Street game if you could get 1000 points in 1-2 hours, lol..

Yeah, according to my friend, he's 50% done and only recieved like 3 Achievements