*NEW* Suppertime of Destruction Pack

UnarmedReaper07

I was checking out the upcoming games and dlc for Xbox LIVE and I found out there is going to be a new dlc for "Snoopy Flying Ace". There is no information about what the content will include. The only information I can find on it is:

Date: August 25

Name: Suppertime of Destruction Pack,

Price: 400 Microsoft Points

I found this information on:

http://majornelson.com/

"The next DLC pack for Snoopy Flying Ace will include new aircraft, new weapons, new game modes, new character skins – it’s a really cool add-on. And yes – it does include some stuff that is currently present but locked on your Xbox hard drive. I hope you’ll decide that it’s worth paying for when it releases, but you won’t have to in order to keep competing online and enjoying the game you bought. I hope most of our customers will agree that it’s nice to have that choice" said one of the devs - Clark Stacey.

Source.

The pack is out today and it does look good. I didn't buy the pack yet though. Here is the information for it.

It's been called the greatest beagle-based air combat game ever made, yet somehow we still found room for more explosive features! TWO incredible new aircraft: the stealthy Woodstock Copter and Avatar-powered Spy Plane. Five, count 'em, FIVE new multiplayer game modes, with new Leaderboards to climb. THREE completely new weapons for your favorite plane! New costumes for all the Peanuts characters! Plus THIRTY new airplane skins that totally change the look of your warbird! Could we possibly cram any more cool stuff into this game?? There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see http://www.xbox.com/live/accounts.

Here is the link for it:

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/offers/0ccf0002-0000-4000-8000-0000584109b5?partner=RSS

I bought the new dlc, lots of fun. but I'm running into achievement problems. I unlocked all 3 but they didn't add them to my gamerscore total. just my game total. I tried deleting and reinstalling the game and the dlc, I've tried recovering my gamertag (and then RE-EARNING the achievements and nothing is working.)

bottom line, I'm curious, did I just get screwed because that's the way my life works or are other other people having this problem as well?

I bought the new dlc, lots of fun. but I'm running into achievement problems. I unlocked all 3 but they didn't add them to my gamerscore total. just my game total. I tried deleting and reinstalling the game and the dlc, I've tried recovering my gamertag (and then RE-EARNING the achievements and nothing is working.)

bottom line, I'm curious, did I just get screwed because that's the way my life works or are other other people having this problem as well?

Did they actually unlock for you? Or did they just have a tick next to them in the achievement progress menu? For some reason, none of them unlocked for me, yet I have a tick next to every one of them. There is definitely something wrong with them.

If you did unlock them and they didn't add to your GS, you would have to wait until they were put on xbox.com and then recover your account.

they did actually unlock for me. I've unlocked the get 50+ kills achievement a few times. I've recovered my gamertag, lost the achievement and jumped in a game, got a kill with one of the weapons and then it popped up for me. and it shows up in my achievement list in game and on the xbox menu, but won't add the number to my current achievement total. I'm gonna have to redo my last two to get them to unlock. and who knows if they'll stay after that. kinda discouraging.

they did actually unlock for me. I've unlocked the get 50+ kills achievement a few times. I've recovered my gamertag, lost the achievement and jumped in a game, got a kill with one of the weapons and then it popped up for me. and it shows up in my achievement list in game and on the xbox menu, but won't add the number to my current achievement total. I'm gonna have to redo my last two to get them to unlock. and who knows if they'll stay after that. kinda discouraging.

It's a common issue unfortunately. The achievements are not on MS's servers. Until they are, there is no point trying to unlock them. As soon as they go up, you can recover your account, get a kill (the achievement) and it'll count towards your total GS. Sorry, I thought it was a problem within the game, as none of the achievements were working for me. Best to wait it out.

To check whether the achievements are on the servers, you can go to xbox.com, then click "played games". You will notice Snoopy currently has only 12/12 when it should be 12/15. As soon as it says 12/15 you're good to go.

Edited by Shelton

I had a bit of a problem getting the "Survival" achievement to unlock. The first time I survived 5 minutes, but no achievement. The next game I did it again and I finally got it. I had no trouble getting the other two achievements. My gamer score is 250 for the game. I used the new dlc planes for all three achievements so that might help.

So instead of charging you 1200 points like some of the new XBLA games out they charge you 800 points for the game and then 400 points for an add-on a few months later.

Good move...they get you hooked on the game at a cheaper price and they still get the 1200 points in the end. :p

Probably one of my favorite XBLA games. :)

So yeah, MS has finally updated the Snoopy achievements.

Problem is I had the Bully and Survivor (camoflage) one already and my G score hasn't updated for them. I went and played a quick game on Live where not only did I survive well over 5 mins without being killed, I killed a blockhead a few times over and I still don't have the achievements attributed to my account.

Anyone know what I can do?

So yeah, MS has finally updated the Snoopy achievements.

Problem is I had the Bully and Survivor (camoflage) one already and my G score hasn't updated for them. I went and played a quick game on Live where not only did I survive well over 5 mins without being killed, I killed a blockhead a few times over and I still don't have the achievements attributed to my account.

Anyone know what I can do?

I was just in the same game as you and i also killed a blockhead and survived over 5 minutes to not have the achievements unlock

I knew I recognised that name! I'm gonna tweet Xbox support and see what they say. I have a feeling that deleting DLC and re-downloading it wouldn't work as the Xbox played games list still remembers all achievements you've ever gotten. I could be wrong though.

Instead of customising a character/avatar and selecting an aircraft that way, scroll up or down (as if changing characters) and you'll see a Woodstock image and a blue avatar sillouhette (sp?). Choose Woodstock for the Whirlybird and the other for the Dragonfly.

I restarted the game but that didn't work, so on the advice of @Xboxsupport on twitter I recovered my gamertag, just as you said, and while I didn't get the achievements credited to my account, they were removed from the game's profile, which allowed me to unlock them again and properly this time. Glad that I didn't have this issue with the Whirlybird/Dragonfly achievement, I would not have been fond of re-grinding those kills!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...