Has anyone beat the achievo for 50% or better for asteroid?

KemicalSupreme

Hi mate,

It took a couple of efforts to accomplish that particular part myself, it really is quite random. My first few efforts seemed almost impossible, although the next one started a lot easier and by the time I got the audio update half way through saying hes almost finished fixing the auto shooting tech piece, I still had over 70% shield and I just made sure I took out as many large asteroids and fast moving ones seeming to get close.

So really just keep at it and your get an easier run through.

:drunk

I had a tough time with this too... i lost count as to how many times i've tried. Each time is different so you just gotta get lucky to get a scene with less rocks. Just shoot the ones closest to you first. Sounds like simple advice but it does help. try not to fire when you dont need to as the cannon CAN overheat.

I was able to complete this with over 60% hull integrity with my brightness turned up all the way, and a lot of practice. I heard somewhere that the asteroids that are sent at you are randomly generated so you might get a lot of hard runs and then the easy run that your able to do this on.

My advice to you would be to turn your ingame brightness all the way up and then keep trying until you get it.

:woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop:

:woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop:

:woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop:

I got this last night. I did it on medium difficulty, found it really hard took about 8 goes.

I only used 1 cannon as the gun is slower to overheat but used both when you get a big asteroid, just keep trying youll get it and the other 50% achievement is piece of cake compared to this as you start with 100%

I found something that helps a lot. The asteriods on the very top won't hit you, they just fly over the ship or something. Don't waste your time going after them. Once I figured that out, this achievement was a piece of cake and I beat it at 73%. I did this on easy so I'm not sure if it works on higher difficulties. Also, I think getting multiple consecutive hits makes the damage go up. I thought I was doing good on one of my initial runs with 65% untill a big and a couple smalls hit me and shot me down to 41%.

i didnt know was an achievement so i didnt go for it for my first play threw, on my second and took two tries to get it, not that hard just listen to the peoples tips that been mentioned:

-Brightness full way up (in game), helps u too see oncoming asteriods

-Use only one gun as much as possible, only use the 2 for big rocks.

I found something that helps a lot. The asteriods on the very top won't hit you, they just fly over the ship or something. Don't waste your time going after them. Once I figured that out, this achievement was a piece of cake and I beat it at 73%. I did this on easy so I'm not sure if it works on higher difficulties. Also, I think getting multiple consecutive hits makes the damage go up. I thought I was doing good on one of my initial runs with 65% untill a big and a couple smalls hit me and shot me down to 41%.

Great tip, maybe that'll help me beat it

On my first playthrough i didn't really bother with the achiebement and ended on 45% then on my second round I got it frist time with 77%, maybe i was lucky and got an easy run straigt away all I know is to do it remember it's a single shot for the smaller rocks and the larger ones break into 3 so rapid fire both cannons on them. Otherwise just prioritise the faster moving ones above all else, Mother Beef was right consecutive hits do increase the damage logorithmiclyand they will get you down to 40% faster than you can say &@!$.

i also havent completed this one yet and im on my 3rd playthrough. the odd thing is when i was playing it on medium on my first and 2nd playthrough i started shields with 80% and when i got there on hard i started shields with 85%. does anyone know if the shileds increase based on difficulty.

can anyone confirm what there shileds where based on level they are playing?

confimed:

Medium 80%

Insane 85%

Easy ?

Hard?

• 6 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Apart from all of these tips...just keep trying. This is a minigame that's heavily influenced by RNG—sometimes you just end up with a rock pattern that's really easy. Your best bet is to turn on something else, put your brain on autopilot, and just keep trying until you get a good run. Otherwise you'll get frustrated and make mistakes.

Apart from all of these tips...just keep trying. This is a minigame that's heavily influenced by RNG—sometimes you just end up with a rock pattern that's really easy. Your best bet is to turn on something else, put your brain on autopilot, and just keep trying until you get a good run. Otherwise you'll get frustrated and make mistakes.

Yeah, I remember being stuck here for a good 10-15mins, just retrying over and over (being SO DAMN CLOSE every time). Just takes patience.

• 2 years later...