A change in the Limited Edition contents

Kai Freefall

For those of you who ordered DS in the hope of getting a in hand strategy guide similar to the one included in the black phantom edition of demon's souls, you might be slightly disappointed.

Due to issues with the package or sizing issues on the book (i will see if i can find the official article when i get home from work), the strategy guide will now be a digital download :( For some this won't bother you too much, but, i know a few people who did preorder so they could get a physical guide.

However, if you do want one, it will be available a week of so after the games release in october ;)

[ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dark-Souls-Official-Future-Press/dp/3869930489/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1313746217&sr=1-1]Dark Souls: The Official Guide: Amazon.co.uk: Future Press: Books[/ame]

enjoy.

EDIT: yes i know it has the same release date as the game, but, generally strategy guides come out a week or so after the game, that way people have time to suffer and possibly need the guide :S, so, expect it to change.

EDIT2: Now, i must really get to work :(

http://www.preparetodie.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=396&start=20

"At Gamescom, I had the opportunity to discuss the CE with the EU Namco team, who were more than happy to spell out EXACTLY how it's going to work.

The reason for the confusion is that the EU and US are getting slightly different things.

The US Collectors Edition consists of a metal case, with digital collectables, possibly a physical soundtrack and/or artbook. Because of the size of the metal case, the strategy guide has to be digital too.

The EU Collectors Edition is a folding cardboard-ey thing, you know what I mean. However, it comes with a physical making-of/behind the scenes thing, a physical art book, a physical soundtrack and a code for a digital strategy guide, because it made no sense to make two different guides for two different regions (looking at you, Atlus).

I will double check and update to see if the US one has any physical collectables, it's possible it doesn't.

Also worth noting is the fact that the EU version comes with codes for the digital versions of the art book/soundtrack etc as well as the physical ones."

Edited by Kai Freefall

That sucks. Hate this new age of digital downloads. I'm a hard-copy kind of guy. Maybe it'll be just come in a thinner steel book now? That'd be cool, if they're giving us a digital artbook too. That'd be a bummer though. I actually really like artbooks, I'll take pictures in them and redraw them in ink or something nice looking. Seeing as I never use my computer (iPhone for the win!) I likely won't use the artbook all that much...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...