Achievement Guide & Road Map

YIP YOO

http://nxeassets.xbox.com/shaxam/0201/4b/b8/4bb83c52-b9ba-40ff-b8f4-ede67382f056.JPG?v=1

Roadmap.

Overview.

- Estimated achievement difficulty: 3/10 (1 for all except Loner)

- Offline: 14/14 (200:gsicon:)

- Online: 0 (There is no online)

- Approximate amount of time to 200 : 4+ hours (Due to Pure Gold)

- Minimum number of playthroughs required: 1.

- Missable achievements: 0

- Glitched achievements: 0

- Cheats disable achievements: No cheats

- Difficulty affects achievements: No difficulty

Introduction:

Welcome to my Achievement Guide & Road Map to achieving 200:gsicon: on MonstaFish.

The game is currently priced at £0.79 / $0.99

Please enjoy the guide and I hope this helps you complete the game.

There is no copyright on this guide but if you do re-post elsewhere please credit me. =]

Special Thanks to IronSun Studios for creating this fun game, Xbox360Achievements for hosting this guide and everyone in this thread for tips and feedback.

Instructions

Make sure you read the instructions before playing each game mode.

Pressing on OK skips this so make sure you press next.

The instructions are very helpful!

Step 1: Play Main Game mode MonstaFish! to unlock

Move bubbles together to make a bigger bubble, tap bubbles to explode them and kill fish.

Keep an eye on your pollution meter if it gets too high you lose a life, you have three lives shown as red lights above your pollution meter.

Coloured bubbles do double damage to the same coloured fish.

Collect bubble goldfish and a goldfish will appear, burst a bubble and hit the goldfish and he will reduce your pollution meter.

Absolute Beginner - Reach Level 5 in MonstaFish!

Rock the sea floor - Achieve a Hyper Bubble in MonstaFish!

Goldfish Rescue - Get the Goldfish to clean the pollution meter in MonstaFish!

Committed - Reach Level 20 in MonstaFish!

Monsta Skills - Achieve 3 Mega Bubbles on a single level in MonstaFish!

Step 2: Play Fish Hook game Mode to unlock

Using tilt controls lower the hook to pick up a bubblefish then lift him back up to the boat avoiding hitting fish or toxic barrels.

Bubblefish have 4 hit points shown as bubble in the top right of the screen, you have three lives shown above the pollution meter.

You have to collect a certain amount of bubblefish to complete the level, it tell you how many in top right of screen.

Control Freak - Complete 10 levels in a row without losing a bubblefish in Fish Hook

Captain Hook - Reach level 15 in Fish Hook

Step 3: Play Fish Hunt Game Mode to unlock

You have twin sights that lock onto fish to shoot, avoid shooting boomers and toxic barrels.

Tap green bubblefish to reduce your pollution meter and gold bubblefish to double your point multiplier.

Survivor - Survive for 2 minutes in Fish Hunt

Point Break - Get 8x points in Fish Hunt

Step 4: Play Time Attack Game Mode to unlock

You have 3 minutes or until you fill your pollution meter which end game.

Tap on fish to kill them while avoiding hitting boomers and toxic barrels.

Letting fish cross the entire screen also fills your pollution meter.

Sharpshooter - Hit 50 fish in a row without missing in Time Attack

Terminator - Last all 3 minutes in Time Attack

Loner - Last 3 minutes without the help of any bubblefish in Time Attack

Step 5: Play Fish Tank Game Mode to unlock

You have a fish tank, take care of your fish!

Tap the screen to feed the fish, wipe your screen to reduce your pollution meter and full screen swipe to kill snails which stop your new fish meter.

Keep your fish happy, pollution meter low and no snails and your new fish meter will fill up green and give you a new fish when full.

Happy Birthday - Get a second fish for the Fish Tank

Pure Gold - Get a goldfish for the Fish Tank

Edited by YIP YOO

Achievements

MONSTAFISH GAME MODE

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/YA/mP/0oCLiGJhbC9FFQQdXVtQHDhCL2FjaC8wLzEAAAAA5+fn-aAJew==.jpg Absolute Beginner 10:gsicon:

Reach Level 5 in MonstaFish!

Easy simply get to level 5

Move bubbles together to make a bigger bubble, tap bubbles to explode them and kill fish.

Keep an eye on your pollution meter if it gets too high you lose a life, you have three lives shown as red lights above your pollution meter.

Coloured bubbles do double damage to the same coloured fish.

Collect bubble goldfish and a goldfish will appear, burst a bubble and hit the goldfish and he will reduce your pollution meter.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/1Q/Cu/0ICLiGJhbC9GFQQdXVtQHDhCL2FjaC8wLzIAAAAA5+fn-4EAzg==.jpg Committed 15:gsicon:

Reach Level 20 in MonstaFish!

Easy simply get to level 20

See absolute beginner to general instructions/tips

On later levels make sure you take out big fish quickly using big bubbles as they cause more damage and kill them quicker and make sure you make full use of the goldfish to reduce your pollution meter.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/Rv/hO/0YCLiGJhbC9HFQQdXVtQHDhCL2FjaC8wLzMAAAAA5+fn-mH4XQ==.jpg Rock the sea floor 10:gsicon:

Achieve a Hyper Bubble in MonstaFish!

You can do this on the 1st level, create two big bubbles, burst a bubble and have the explosion kill the fish.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/LO/sM/1YCLiGJhbC9BFQQdXVtQHDhCL2FjaC8wLzUAAAAA5+fn+iPrNw==.jpg Goldfish Rescue 5:gsicon:

Get the Goldfish to clean the pollution meter in MonstaFish!

Keep collecting bubble goldfish eventually a goldfish will swim across the screen - Hit him with a bubble explosion to make him swim to the pollution meter and clean it for you.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/vx/Ps/1ICLiGJhbC9AFQQdXVtQHDhCL2FjaC8wLzQAAAAA5+fn+8MTpA==.jpg Monsta Skills 15:gsicon:

Achieve 3 Mega Bubbles on a single level in MonstaFish!

You need to be on a high level 17+ so there are enough fish to kill.

A mega Bubble is a bubble burst hitting 4 fish, do this three times on level.

FISH HOOK GAME MODE

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/cO/p1/1ICLiGJhbC83FQQdXVtQHDhCL2FjaC8wL0MAAAAA5+fn+1rqaw==.jpg Control Freak 15:gsicon:

Complete 10 levels in a row without losing a bubblefish in Fish Hook

Starting on level one this should be easy as the it only starts to get hard around level 15+

Pick up a bubble fish and lift him up to the boat to collect - Bubblefish have 4 hit points so this should not be a problem.

Look for spaces in the fish before lifing bubblefish up to boat.

Complete 10 levels without losing a bubblefish to unlock.

If you do lose a bubblefish immediatly hit the back button and chose retry, this will restart you at the beginning of the current level but will not void the achievement

Thanks to ThrR4nMyWolfpak for retry method.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/4x/KV/1YCLiGJhbC82FQQdXVtQHDhCL2FjaC8wL0IAAAAA5+fn+roS+A==.jpg Captain Hook 15:gsicon:

Reach level 15 in Fish Hook

You have more bubblefish than required to finish a level and each bubblefish has 4 hit points.

Look for spaces in the fish before lifing bubblefish to boat.

Get to level 15 to unlock.

FISH HUNT GAME MODE

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/l-/YK/1ICLiGJhbC9NFQQdXVtQHDhCL2FjaC8wLzkAAAAA5+fn+yX2jA==.jpg Survivor 15:gsicon:

Survive for 2 minutes in Fish Hunt

Keep shooting fish, DO NOT SHOOT BOOMERS OR TOXIC BARRELS as they increase your pollution meter.

Shoot green bubblefish to reduce your pollution meter.

As long as you do this you should easy last 2 minutes.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/Vh/u0/14CLiGJhbC81FQQdXVtQHDhCL2FjaC8wL0EAAAAA5+fn+JsbTQ==.jpg Point Break 20:gsicon:

Get 8x points in Fish Hunt

Wait until you have two fish close to one of your crosshairs and shoot this will give you 4x points, do this again for 8x

Must be done straight after each other, you can do this on the 1st level if you ignore fish until you get a double double.

TIME ATTACK GAME MODE

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/BA/7q/1YCLiGJhbC9MFQQdXVtQHDhCL2FjaC8wLzgAAAAA5+fn+sUOHw==.jpg Sharpshooter 15:gsicon:

Hit 50 fish in a row without missing in Time Attack

Take you time to make sure each screen tap counts, hit 50 fish in a row to unlock.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/Ch/rN/1oCLiGJhbC9DFQQdXVtQHDhCL2FjaC8wLzcAAAAA5+fn+eIaEQ==.jpg Terminator 10:gsicon:

Last all 3 minutes in Time Attack

Make use of the bubblefish pick-ups, avoid hitting boomers and toxic barrels and try to kill as many fish as possible.

Boomers, toxic barrels and letting fish leave the screen all increase your pollution meter.

If you are struggling even with the help of bubblefish then use the wave method listed below in Loner.

When you last the full three minutes and this will unlock

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/me/It/14CLiGJhbC9CFQQdXVtQHDhCL2FjaC8wLzYAAAAA5+fn+ALigg==.jpg Loner 15:gsicon:

Last 3 minutes without the help of any bubblefish in Time Attack

The hardest achievement in the game, you cannot use any bubblefish pick-ups and need to last 3 minutes.

To last for 3 minutes you need to kill nearly every fish and avoid hiting any boomers or toxic barrels as they increase your pollution meter rapidly.

Note the fish spawn in waves and each wave adds 1 fish, so to begin with let the 1st fish get to the edge of the screen before killing him as this will waste some time before the second wave arrives. 2nd wave has 2 fish, you can kill one fish but wait until the other is at the edge of the screen before killing the 2nd. 3rd wave has 3 fish, you can kill two but wait until the last fish is at the ede of the screen befire killing the 3rd. etc etc etc.

If you do this correctly you can get to as little as wave 10 by around the 2 minute mark and this is when the boss fish come into play, hitting a boss makes him smaller and knocks him backward so using boss fish as the last fish in a wave is key to wasting more time.

Using this wave method you can finish the game with as low as 192/208 fish hit.

This is a massive reduction in the fish you need to hit (270/282) if you kill all the fish as quickly as possible.

Special thanks to TrishTheDish for the head up on the waves.

FISH TANK GAME MODE

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/iQ/HX/0YCLiGJhbC8wFQQdXVtQHDhCL2FjaC8wL0QAAAAA5+fn-vgBkg==.jpg Happy Birthday 10:gsicon:

Get a second fish for the Fish Tank

You have a fish tank, take care of your fish!

Tap the screen to feed the fish, wipe your screen to reduce your pollution meter and full screen swipe to kill snails which stop your new fish meter.

Keep your fish happy, pollution meter low and no snails and your new fish meter will fill up green and give you a new fish when full.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/Gv/k3/0ICLiGJhbC8xFQQdXVtQHDhCL2FjaC8wL0UAAAAA5+fn-xj5AQ==.jpg Pure Gold 30:gsicon:

Get a goldfish for the Fish Tank

There are many fish to unlock after your 1st free blue fish, It should unlock around fish 13.

It takes around 2 hours to unlock all fish, make sure you get rid of snails as soon as they appear and your pollution level low so as not to delay your fish meter from filling.

Note you do not have to keep your fish happy by feeding them and they will fall asleep but what else is there to do huh? =]

1 GREEN

2 RED

3 DARK RED

4 YELLOW

5 GOLD & PURPLE

6 LARGE GREEN

7 LARGE BLUE

8 PURPLE

9 ORANGE

10 SILVER

11 BOOMER

12 ORANGE

13 GOLD

Edited by YIP YOO

Game play is decent. Seems on my phone the hit detection is a little off, but that could be my phone's calibration being off. Not sure. Time Attack is going to be a :rant!! Knocked out everything except for the 3 Mega Bubbles in 1 level and the Time Attack stuff.

Just an FYI. I was working on the Control Freak achievement and lost one of the bubble fish on level 9. I immediately hit the "Back" button on my phone and chose "Retry". It started me back at the beginning of the current level, not saving anything I had done on that level. Completed Level 9 & 10 and the achievement still popped. Just for those of you having a hard time with that one, use the above method and you should be golden!!

Wow, 2 or 3 for time trial? I am seriously struggling with that mode and would definitely give it a 6-7. Often get to about 30-45 seconds left but the amount of fish on screen just gets crazy.

I definitely agree with Evil Monkey, i'd give Time Trial a 3 tops.

Using this method:

http://www.trueachievements.com/a164806/loner-achievement.htm?showguides=1

"keep this in mind:

new fish only spawn, when the current 'wave' is ended. knowing this, you will want to save a few seconds in the first waves by quickly terminating all but one slow fish and then terminate that last slow one right before it leaves the screen. later waves get very hectic. most important is to not hit any bubbles and not to hit the poison fish, they pretty much kill you! There are a lot of boss fishes 2 minutes and downwards. Boss fishes shift direction when you hit them and slow down. this is important for the 'trick'. often only small boss fishes (they get small after you hit the big boss fishes two times) and poison fishes are left at the end of the later waves - let time run and kill the small boss fishes when they get close to the edge.

still took me a lot of tries - but you will notice you get better every time you play - so keep on trying and remember the trick!"

Using this guide, I got Loner on my sixth attempt. That trick he mentions is key, you can kill almost a minute of time doing it so the screen will NEVER get crazy like it can.

I definitely agree with Evil Monkey, i'd give Time Trial a 3 tops.

Using this method:

http://www.trueachievements.com/a164806/loner-achievement.htm?showguides=1

Using this guide, I got Loner on my sixth attempt. That trick he mentions is key, you can kill almost a minute of time doing it so the screen will NEVER get crazy like it can.

Cheers Trish. Got on about 4th - 5th attempt. Losing a few fish off the side is also a lot better then trying to get it when it's near a barrel or barrel fish.

Just the boring fish tank one to go.

I'm not a fan of guides which state the difficulty like: "1/10 but 10/10 for this and that".

I'm a long time x360a user and I'm used to the community for always going "all in", therefor even if it's only one that is supposedly tough, that's the dificulty that should be put.

However, difficulty rating is almost always messed up, since usualy, either it be for bragging reasons, or true naive ones, the guy who does the guides normally rates it lower than it realistically is.

But, I'm just stating my opinion, I'm not saying the OP did a bad job, far from it.

I'm not a fan of guides which state the difficulty like: "1/10 but 10/10 for this and that".

I'm a long time x360a user and I'm used to the community for always going "all in", therefor even if it's only one that is supposedly tough, that's the dificulty that should be put.

However, difficulty rating is almost always messed up, since usualy, either it be for bragging reasons, or true naive ones, the guy who does the guides normally rates it lower than it realistically is.

But, I'm just stating my opinion, I'm not saying the OP did a bad job, far from it.

I agree with you there. I think the difficulty should be that of the hardest achievement. Can I point out I am not saying bad job either. Absolutely brilliant to see an Achievement Guide on day one of release. I have already added this to the Easy 200 list.

playing the aquarium on the phone, while playing skyrim (or any game with alot of load time) works well! ^^

each time something loaded, looked down to see if there were any snails, swiped them away, and if the polution get's to high, you get a sound warning, easy as pie!

and btw, you don't have to feed them damn fishes all the time either, act like a mafia and let the fishes sleep with the fishes... (?) or something

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/me/It/14CLiGJhbC9CFQQdXVtQHDhCL2FjaC8wLzYAAAAA5+fn+ALigg==.jpg Loner 15:gsicon:

Last 3 minutes without the help of any bubblefish in Time Attack

The hardest achievement in the game, you cannot use any bubblefish pick-ups and need to last 3 minutes.

To last for 3 minutes you need to kill nearly every fish and not hit any boomers or toxic barrels at all.

Thanks for the guide was fairly helpful. My only complaint was you stated you cannot hit any boomers or barrels at all for loner. It was confusing to me because you mentioned it. I thought it may have been a secret stipulation for the achievment so every attempt where I hit one I instantly restarted because I thought I had already failed. Long story but I ended up getting it even after hitting several boomers. As long as you get nearly every fish youre OK. thanks!

when going for the 3 minute achievement, another tip i would add would be to try to hit your bubble ahead of the fish, ie: the direction the fish is swimming into.especially with the large blue fish as it knocks them backwards instead of forwards.rinse and repeat this on the same fish whenever you can to gain easy seconds.

I've seen comments on the TA guide that says if you hit the boss fish when they're at the edge that they're supposed to turn around and swim the other way. How do you get them to do that? I waited till a boss fish was at the edge of the screen and tapped him and he just raised up then went off the screen.

No, they only get knocked backwards about a quarter of the screen but you need to pop a bubble directly in front of them. Not as good as turning them round but you can do it twice to each boss fish.

man.. terminator, let alone loner are fuckin hard.. even using the trick of hitting the fish at the side of the screen

Finally got it done.. had to put it down for a minute and come back.. took multiple attempts but once you get the timing of the fish it gets easier.. definitely hit the green squid looking like fish first.. they are the fastest

Edited by Xenolith666