*SPOILERS* Achievement Walkthrough *SPOILERS*

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys,

Someone posted an old school speed run of this game on Youtube: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyEpNie-7pY]YouTube - Monkey Island 1 Speedrun - 39 minutes[/ame]

Took care of the game in 39 minutes. I think the XBL version will take a bit longer, but you'd be hard pressed to find a more efficient path through the game (no offense to original poster, of course :) )

EDIT:

I just finished following the method outlined in that youtube walkthrough. It took me 1 hour and 26 minutes to get through the game and get the Human Cannonball achievement.

Edited by Social Poison

I too would like to know if pausing stops the clock... Anyone know?
I'm not 100% sure, but I'd presume that pausing does indeed stop the clock... if you save the game, then go back into the game quickly, then pause again, leave it for a while, save again (in a different slot), and check the timing difference... it should be pretty much identical to the time in the first save.

I'm not 100% sure, but I'd presume that pausing does indeed stop the clock... if you save the game, then go back into the game quickly, then pause again, leave it for a while, save again (in a different slot), and check the timing difference... it should be pretty much identical to the time in the first save.

Thanks for the answer, I assumed it would, but just wanted to make sure

[quote

Pick up note. (Recordkeeper 7/9)

Walk to jungle.

Click on VILLAGE. (Near the top left corner of the map)

Walk to the left of the village.

First thanks for the fantastic Walkthrough!

Im stuck :( ... i cant find the VILLAGE, im on the map and im trying to see the VILLAGE on the top left corner ( or in another place on the map...) but i cant see the VILLAGE. I neeeeed help! Thanks once again

[quote

Pick up note. (Recordkeeper 7/9)

Walk to jungle.

Click on VILLAGE. (Near the top left corner of the map)

Walk to the left of the village.

Im stuck :( ... i cant find the VILLAGE, im on the map and im trying to see the VILLAGE on the top left corner ( or in another place on the map...) but i cant see the VILLAGE. I neeeeed help! Thanks once again

I found it....i was hitting the go button on the top corner and finally the rest of the mao appears!

:)

I found it....i was hitting the go button on the top corner and finally the rest of the mao appears!

:)

Have you gotten the oars yet and taken the boat to the top part of the island?

• 2 weeks later...

ok its a great runthrough but im stuck on a bit that i think is harder than you make out.

on chapter 3 when you are about halfway through and you see the corpse hanging from the tree, you say do this:-

Click on POND. (At the end of the river, to the right)

Pick up note. (Recordkeeper 6/9)

- "Leave me alone, would you?"

Pick up rope.

Walk to jungle.

problem is, it wont let me pick up the rope. i already have a rope, which i used on the cliff, but i need another bit to get down the bottom, so how do i get this 2nd rope? nothing seems to work.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...