CTF In a Nut Shell

gmurda33

This pretty much sums up my whole day yesterday on the game lol love it.

Damn can't believe I still haven't tried WHEELIES!

It's all about the WHEELIES. Full speed, come across some rocks, push the left stick in, and fly. Who needs proper ramps when almost any part of the terrain works :D

Y'all can have the motorcycles. This guy will pass. Most of the games that I've played in are nothing more than people racing back and forth to each capture point or just driving around hitting jumps and getting big air.

So you're not even tempted a little to grab the enemy flag, jump on a bike, race as fast as you can back to base, hit a jump full speed, and jump off the bike as you're over your flag to get the capture? (Side effects may include becoming one with a wall or the ground) They make for some pretty funny moments.

So you're not even tempted a little to grab the enemy flag, jump on a bike, race as fast as you can back to base, hit a jump full speed, and jump off the bike as you're over your flag to get the capture? (Side effects may include becoming one with a wall or the ground) They make for some pretty funny moments.

This is pretty much how CTF is meant to be played, not just BF3, but any vehicle based game. Hell, those little motorcycles helped me get most of my flag caps in CoD3 (although, in CoD3 the flag was a weapon, so you could neither drive nor shoot while carrying it, so you needed someone else to drive while you hopped in the sidecar). Of course, the chopper is a viable option, too, but the rest of the vehicles are more for defense or for breaking through the enemy lines (such as the tank).

l don't know what thread to post this is.

l just literally walked half the map [sic] with a flag, got to base, waited for our flag to respawn there.. and then someone teamkills me for the flag and returns this, got the points and round finished. Fucking humans should all die in a fire.

chapter II: not to mention in the previous game, l go to enemy base, kill three guys with the flag -- squadmember teamkills me on accident and returns the flag.. with my help, because l spawned on him and gave cover on a dirtbike.

Edited by Eddy FIN

Not even a little tempted. Yes, I will grind out 50 wins for the medal, but that's the extent of my CTF game play.

But that's what Battlefield is all about now..

Clarified that for ya!

l don't know what thread to post this is.

l just literally walked half the map [sic] with a flag, got to base, waited for our flag to respawn there.. and then someone teamkills me for the flag and returns this, got the points and round finished. Fucking humans should all die in a fire.

chapter II: not to mention in the previous game, l go to enemy base, kill three guys with the flag -- squadmember teamkills me on accident and returns the flag.. with my help, because l spawned on him and gave cover on a dirtbike.

How did he kill you? Hardcore, or did he hit you with a well aimed vehicle? Either way, it's a load of bullshit. I remember one particularly lame achievement in Shadowrun which had a length of requirements as long as my dick to accomplish, which culminated in capturing the enemy flag whilst bleeding out, or some such nonsense. I can't tell you how many times I watched people gut their own teammates just for that silly achievement. If only there was a way to reach through the interwebz and punch someone in their taint...

Not even a little tempted. Yes, I will grind out 50 wins for the medal, but that's the extent of my CTF game play.

Clarified that for ya!

How did he kill you? Hardcore, or did he hit you with a well aimed vehicle? Either way, it's a load of bullshit. I remember one particularly lame achievement in Shadowrun which had a length of requirements as long as my dick to accomplish, which culminated in capturing the enemy flag whilst bleeding out, or some such nonsense. I can't tell you how many times I watched people gut their own teammates just for that silly achievement. If only there was a way to reach through the interwebz and punch someone in their taint...

Yeah, I play hardcore, so all you need is a mean spirit to grave your teammate.

l'm gonna do the one capture in Core and after that get back to hard'ly-fucked-by-retards'core.

l'm not so mad about getting screwed over twice as l am about people just being this retarded. l try to take solace in them probably not getting anywhere in live and myself probably getting somewhere in life.

That would be fucking annoying lol but awesome too..the current sound affects are pretty cool I think .:p

With the exception of the flag taken/dropped thing, I always liked the Halo announcer. You have to admit, it would be cool hearing "DOUBLE KILL!" every time you performed one.

I guess I could "go back to Halo" for that, but honestly... the only part of Halo's MP that's still good is the announcer. :p

Yeah, I play hardcore, so all you need is a mean spirit to grave your teammate.

l'm gonna do the one capture in Core and after that get back to hard'ly-fucked-by-retards'core.

l'm not so mad about getting screwed over twice as l am about people just being this retarded. l try to take solace in them probably not getting anywhere in live and myself probably getting somewhere in life.

I'm afraid that assholes seem to rule the world. Also, welcome to the internet. lol, I've had BS like that happen to me since I started gaming. Sometimes I can't even tell if they're trying to be assholes or if they're actually just that stupid. I'd like to think that, if hell does exist, there's a special place in it for these kinds of people. Maybe we could all band together and help them along... Seriously, though, I'm glad we have communities like this one of decent people that restore at least a little faith in people (oh, what am I talking about, we're all doomed! LOL).

Somebody should make a mod for the PC version that includes the Halo announcer.

That would be cool. I wonder why DICE didn't do any new voice overs for CTF? Sadly, there are no mod tools for BF3 on PC, so such mods are currently impossible.

With the exception of the flag taken/dropped thing, I always liked the Halo announcer. You have to admit, it would be cool hearing "DOUBLE KILL!" every time you performed one.

I guess I could "go back to Halo" for that, but honestly... the only part of Halo's MP that's still good is the announcer. :p

Yeah, he was pretty cool. I liked hearing those random announcements for kills and events. Kinda gave the game an arena type feel.

Mind = Blown. Explain this wizardry you speak of!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Qb9xS6ximQ]Battlefield 3: Damavand Peak Morning Cycle [Mod] - YouTube[/ame]

I don't know too much about modding but EA/DICE is stupid for banning people who use this. It makes the game look so much better, in my opinion, plus that goddamn sun would not be in the same place all the time. Patwaa has a bunch of Modded BF3 videos, he has a few night time and two more day cycle videos I think. You guys should definitely check them out if you have not already.

I don't know too much about modding but EA/DICE is stupid for banning people who use this. It makes the game look so much better, in my opinion, plus that goddamn sun would not be in the same place all the time. Patwaa has a bunch of Modded BF3 videos, he has a few night time and two more day cycle videos I think. You guys should definitely check them out if you have not already.

Hmm, it sounds like a stupid question, but, what's the difference? The colors? It looks really good, but that just seems like a post-process injector to me. I use one on Fallout: New Vegas to make the game look better. I also use one on Metro 2033 to inject anti-aliasing. I mean, yes, they are mods, but they don't work the same way as say, new maps and things. It just adds a layer on top of the existing frames to make them look different.

Banning people for using this is stupid, though. Part of the problem is that PunkBuster views it as an aimbot or wallhack and that can only be changed if a publisher contacts EvenBalance and has them make an exception for the known injectors (like FXAA, SMAA, SweetFX and ENB).

Hmm, it sounds like a stupid question, but, what's the difference? The colors? It looks really good, but that just seems like a post-process injector to me. I use one on Fallout: New Vegas to make the game look better. I also use one on Metro 2033 to inject anti-aliasing. I mean, yes, they are mods, but they don't work the same way as say, new maps and things. It just adds a layer on top of the existing frames to make them look different.

Yeah, the colors are different also the blue tint is removed. The main difference is that the Sun is in a different position which gives the map a new look, to me anyways, casting shadows on different areas and shedding light on others. I know we have has this disagreement before, about the Sun being a bitch on some maps, but I think this MOD is something they need to make happen in BF4. Day and Weather Cycles in BF4!