Wow! Is this horrible or what?

TrembL

Is it just me or is this the worst game ever created? Kabuki Warriors used to be at the top of my list, but I think we have a new winner. I bought it for the achievements because they seemed simple enough, but I don't know if I can play this game long enough to get them. It's that bad.

Hmm, I thought it was brilliant. I liked to pop on Yie Ar Kung-Fu, and see if I can do better than before. The achievements are simple - well about 8 of them - yes, but need few practice. However about 3 of them, I don't think I'll get them forever :C

It may be just me, but I do love Yie Ar Kung-Fu.

Quite simply put, if the great game designers of yesteryear had not thought up an amazing game like this, we would not have VF5 or any of the Soul Calibur series, instead of hating on this game, take it for what it is. The game is one that everytime i see in a bar or arcade, i have no choice but to spend a few quarters on. No one forced you to download the title.

Quite simply put, if the great game designers of yesteryear had not thought up an amazing game like this, we would not have VF5 or any of the Soul Calibur series, instead of hating on this game, take it for what it is. The game is one that everytime i see in a bar or arcade, i have no choice but to spend a few quarters on. No one forced you to download the title.

Chill man, everyone is entitled to personal opinion.

I personally only played the trial and it is exactly how I remember it. Simple and a pain in the arse to avoid the ninja stars :p

Other than that, its as it was. Simple and mildly entertaining. Shinier than I remember and equally as frustrating to master.

People always say - If this game wasn't created we wouldn't have all these other great games in this genre. But lets face it. If these guys didn't create this game there would have been some other game that started the fighting/combat genre. Hence the reason we don't seem to have any untouched genres. Being the first to create a certain type of game doesn't mean somebody else wouldn't have created it at another point. Mortal Kombat could have been created without a game like this being released.

Alright now back to the game. It's just the game mechanics that are horrible. The control is not at all tight (maybe with an arcade stick it would be better). I hate how when I jump at an opponent they just move away by that exact same amount. Maybe if I give it a little more time I will start to get into it. Guess we'll have to wait and see. But for right now I'm just going to keep playing Bomberman. :-D

Chill man, everyone is entitled to personal opinion.

I personally only played the trial and it is exactly how I remember it. Simple and a pain in the arse to avoid the ninja stars :p

Other than that, its as it was. Simple and mildly entertaining. Shinier than I remember and equally as frustrating to master.

Ninja stars are easy to avoid, just got to keep jumping and just get that bitch at a corner and your good.

• 3 weeks later...

I agree. Worst Game Ever! The game really doesn't take a whole lot of skill. My cousin is amazing at fighting games and is a combo king. But he can't do a thing in this game and I can get quite a ways into it and I don't ever play fighters (except for MK). The hit detection and the control of the game are quite horrible.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

A lot of you probably don't realize this game was the pre-cursor to all the fighting games you are accustomed to today.

Karate Champ and Yie Ar Kung Fu were arcade classics back in the day. I remember spending countless hours playing these games at the red baron.

I just wish 3 of these acheivements were a little easier to obtain.

• 9 months later...
  • 9 months later...
A lot of you probably don't realize this game was the pre-cursor to all the fighting games you are accustomed to today.

Karate Champ and Yie Ar Kung Fu were arcade classics back in the day. I remember spending countless hours playing these games at the red baron.

I just wish 3 of these acheivements were a little easier to obtain.

TOTAL LONGSHOT but by chance was this the Red Baron Arcade in Taylor, Michigan? Only one I ever knew of.

• 5 months later...
Is it just me or is this the worst game ever created? Kabuki Warriors used to be at the top of my list, but I think we have a new winner. I bought it for the achievements because they seemed simple enough, but I don't know if I can play this game long enough to get them. It's that bad.

There are dozens of games that make this (and Kabuki Warriors) look better than the best. This is merely a mediocre 80s game. Extremely low budget, but a nostalgia classic. Play original X-Box Pulse Racer or (shudder) Fighting Masters from the old genesis days. Compared to them, this looks better than Soul Calibur 4.