COMMITTED ach. - I Got It

I am in the process of doing this right now and I managed to get the Focused achievement. Hopefully the Committed and Obsessive ones will pop too.

I'll post an update if I get them.

Edit: well I gave up because I don't really feel like sitting here and continuing to do that. Looks like I'll finish this game at 850/1000.

Edited by PG_MaxPayne

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

does anybody know what days or time to do this in America?

Washington state pacific time zone.

Because how does switching to monday and tuesday change the week when its in the same week>

IDK what time to start this or what days.

Any ideas?

• 4 months later...
To explain for future reference the day for this to work is advancing by one each year because there are not exactly 52 weeks in a year (52x7=364). So in 2011 it will move to Thurs/Fri. 2012 is a leap year so at some point there will be a jump of two days, but I believe this will not be until January 2013.

This theory appears to be correct, I finally got this achievement around 9pm EST (GMT-05 Eastern) tonight switching between Thursday & Friday.

I can confirm also. just got it a few minutes ago. thursday/friday for 2011 it is

Ok, I got it now, after several tries.

To everybody who tries to unlock this achievement in 2011:

Be sure you switch between a Thursday and a Friday.

Only than, you'll > :drunk

Alright, looks like I'll be trying for this Achievement this Thursday. :Bounce:

Also, can a Moderator please update the original post and the new New Achievement Guide with vithzeral's very important and informative post?

Edited by dotCody

• 2 weeks later...
bradelo, like Steakman said, I rented it, and I can't stand when a company makes a ridiculously short 8 hour game, and tries to make it last by including achievements that require you to boot the game up for an entire year. You don't even have to play the game, just load it up. Those are pretty pathetic tactics so I might as well stoop as low as them and get creative in finding a way around it.

If you haven't noticed, you joined a site built around getting achievements the quickest and easiest way, so seeing as you joined then that makes you just as pathetic and more so more pointing it out. Good job.

and dethklok, are you f'ing serious. You boost for achievements and are asking for help to boost right in your sig... how is that any different? Quit being a hypocrite and "just do it for real."

You try to help other people out and get called pathetic. Awesome.

amen to that brotha

• 4 months later...
To explain for future reference the day for this to work is advancing by one each year because there are not exactly 52 weeks in a year (52x7=364). So in 2011 it will move to Thurs/Fri. 2012 is a leap year so at some point there will be a jump of two days, but I believe this will not be until January 2013.

Can verify that for 2012 the correct day to gain Committed achievement is Saturday midnight to Sunday

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It doesn't matter what day you do it on. Just keep switching back and forth until the achievement pops. It takes quite a bit of time though so if you're trying to get it in one night expect to be there for about an hour (depending on how fast you dashboard it and switch time zones etc.)

I've been trying this for about an two hours now on Saturday afternoon (CST 1:30 pm to 3:30 pm) and it's not unlocking. Do I have to do this early early in the morning or what days/times should I be going for this?

Thanks..

DaS

• 4 weeks later...

If somebody still needs a hint when to do this in the year 2012, I started doing this at 8 PM local time on GMT +2 zone Friday (Finland), and it unlocked in 10 minutes. Switching between Friday and Saturday.

Just look at this map and work out the time difference with it so that you know when to do it. My zone is the +2 in the map and it's not hard to figure your correct time with the map.

http://www.timeanddate.com/time/map/

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So, I started doing this on 09/10/12 (Monday) at around 9:30 PST, and within 5 loads switching from the two furthest time zones, I unlocked the Focused achievement. The next morning, I did about 25 more and got the Obsessed achievement. The Committed achievement has still not popped for me, sadly. Going to keep trying throughout the week, but I believe I have to do it between Saturday and Sunday. I'll post later with my results.