Music to Listen to (while playing)..

OneDeadCop112

On jDoom (one of the source ports on PC) I made my own playlist for the game to play my own selection of songs (mostly Static-X, Pantera, Nine Inch Nails) everytime.

I also threw in songs that some level midi's are clearly based off (e.g. Alice In Chains - Them Bones = MAP23, Pantera - This Love - MAP18, MAP27 etc).

Doom's soundtrack itself is the best thing you can hear with the game. random thrash metal is good too.

Hell yeah, dunno if you know of them but Heathen + Doom = epic!

And yeah overall I loved Doom's OST itself, though I kind of like the updated versions on the PC. And I gotta say Doom II's OST is kind of step down from the original games, quite a bit... but maybe it's just nostalgia.

• 1 month later...

.Good Topic.

well it depends on what games i play

like if i was killing monsters and ripping off heads - gears of war

that would be 'Metallica'

and if were boosting or helping somebody in whatever activity im doin , i kindda get bored out fast - gears of war , red dead redemption , lost planet and etc. that would be 'Taylor Swift'

and if i were for the win and getting too exicted to win a certain achievement or whatever - all games

i listen to 'ke$ha'

• 3 weeks later...

Cool topic, but yeah, whenever I'm playing Doom I turn the music volume down and leave the effects(Doom without sound would be a *****, you need to hear the monster's growling to know they know you're there, a door opening, etc) and I put some Sigur Ros on. I found that calm music helps you stay focused and relaxed whenever all the walls around you raise and release wave after wave of demons.

I tried listening to hardcore music like The Bled and Normal Jean but I'd get all trigger happy and run out of ammo or do stupid **** like run out in the open, etc. But those bands work wonders for MW2 and Halo 3.