Achievement Guide & Roadmap

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just found out the hard way that for "That Just Happened," neither your or your co-op partner (if in co-op) can die. So if you were planning on going through with a second controller and have him do all the work but be allowed to die, think again.

Might as well just do what the guide says and take it really slow. Might take you like an hour to do it without dying. Especially that one part with the two bulk doors where the carrier flood come behind you in that tight hallway.

Not looking forward to doing this one solo.

Also, any idea if similar conditions apply to the other achievements like this? The do/don't ones? If one player does it, does it void the achievements for both players?

Would be great to know this before I waste more time in split-screen.

I could've sworn I wrote that into the guide yesterday. Maybe that was somewhere else I said it...

Anyway, as far as I know, it doesn't work on "That Just Happened" and "Look Out for the Little Guys. Other than that, they all seem to be in the clear far as I can tell. I've done most of the achievements co-op on my second profile and they seem to be working fine.

I'm thinking that LOFTLG might be glitchy since I've done it to a tee several times now and it still hasn't popped. Wish I had a theater mode to review my playthrough 343!

It's also possible that killing a grunt and reverting will negate the achievement as well. Still messing around with the different variables.

I could've sworn I wrote that into the guide yesterday. Maybe that was somewhere else I said it...

Anyway, as far as I know, it doesn't work on "That Just Happened" and "Look Out for the Little Guys. Other than that, they all seem to be in the clear far as I can tell. I've done most of the achievements co-op on my second profile and they seem to be working fine.

I'm thinking that LOFTLG might be glitchy since I've done it to a tee several times now and it still hasn't popped. Wish I had a theater mode to review my playthrough 343!

It's also possible that killing a grunt and reverting will negate the achievement as well. Still messing around with the different variables.

Do not kill any vehicles as there could be grunts driving/flying them. Pretty sure you CANNOT revert to previous checkpoint if you do kill a grunt as this happened with a friend before. I hung back (thank you lag) and he killed everything and even a few grunts but reverted each time he accidentally killed one. Result, i got the cheevo and he didnt. Also have bday party skull on for this so you know if you accidentally headshot one. We then reversed this with me leading (host = no lag) and he got the cheevo the 2nd time around.

I accidentally punched a grunt in the face but it survived... luckily lol

I know that for He's Unstoppable reverting to previous save voids the cheevo (right?) but does that go for Walk It Off too?

Unstoppable will be voided, but Walk It Off will not.

Mine was voided. I accidentally walked over a health pack on the ground and IMMEDIATELY reloaded save, didn't get the cheevo at the end of the level.

Note: The previously mentioned early-banshee glitch does not seem to work in Anniversary as I am unable to recreate it. If anybody else has had luck with doing it please let me know.

I can confirm that I got this glitch to work.

woot! so glad it still works. wonder why it wont for me though :-(

I can also confirm that the ones for killing no grunts and not picking up another weapon on "Two Betrayals" WILL unlock for the controller that fulfills the requirement.

I also managed to get That Just Happened today, as well as Speed Reader in SOLO. First attempt too, died about five times total and just ran my ass off spamming rockets, nades, and shotgun.

I can also confirm that the ones for killing no grunts and not picking up another weapon on "Two Betrayals" WILL unlock for the controller that fulfills the requirement.

I also managed to get That Just Happened today, as well as Speed Reader in SOLO. First attempt too, died about five times total and just ran my ass off spamming rockets, nades, and shotgun.

So killing grunts with a second controller will result in P1 getting the achievement still? WTF... I'm really getting screwed here... Might change the Glitched Cheevo count to 1 at this point...

@Mister Buds: This will not affect the achievement. So long as you don't pick up a weapon by holding X, you will get the achievement.

. . . and I just did The Maw on Legendary in split-screen WHILE getting under one minute, with two controllers.

Oh yea I'm beast. :p

I got scared though, I got to the hangar with like 32 seconds left before a minute remained, then I got stuck like three times, I was shaking, and got there at 1 minute 3 seconds remaining.

Now I just need the skulls, terminals, and to do Halo, Truth and Reconciliation, Silent Cartographer, AotCR, and 343 Guilty Spark on Legendary and I'll have the 1K.

I just got my Speed Reader achievement solo, and I will say this--those two speedrun videos show you really good ways to avoid encounters and blaze through the level. I died a ton recreating it, but I still got it. If you can't get a co-op partner to assist you with this achievement, watching those two posted videos are the way to go.

I just got my Speed Reader achievement solo, and I will say this--those two speedrun videos show you really good ways to avoid encounters and blaze through the level. I died a ton recreating it, but I still got it. If you can't get a co-op partner to assist you with this achievement, watching those two posted videos are the way to go.

Correct for sure. That Youtube video is definitely the way to go. It did take me several tries to get the jump timing right on that first exploding flood that despawns the next group of enemies.

I managed to recreate it perfectly and not die until the very end. I got to the last grenade jump through the hole of the blockade door and as I was walking to the left in the last room to go around the enemies, a group of enemies ended up spawning right on top of me and instantly killed me. Not only that, but the game gave me a checkpoint at that very spot, so I was just dying over and over upon re-spawning, but finally got lucky after several attempts and managed to get away and get Speed Reader without having to start completely over. Unfortunately, that meant I had to do it again to get the one for not dying.

Great guide but your 10-15 hours for 1000G is way off the mark! So far of it makes you look like (A) you're trying to show off (B) you haven't played this game © youre a twat!

Please fix this to a real time! 20+

I agree. Not less than 20 hours in my opinion. You must be VERY skilled if you can 1000 this in 10 hours.

Around 25 seems more realistic.

Add that the reload glitch still works. If you need to reload and want to switch weapons, press: Reload, Reload, Switch Weapons.

When you do this, it will switch weapons, and reload the other gun while it is on your back. Effectively, you can switch back and forth between a pistol and AR without ever having to see a reload animation. Really helps for Legendary run n' gun.

Great guide but your 10-15 hours for 1000G is way off the mark! So far of it makes you look like (A) you're trying to show off (B) you haven't played this game © youre a twat!

Please fix this to a real time! 20+

Only reason I raise this point is because I have very little time to game theses days and I plan expected times to complete into my weekends and am very disappointed when guides misslead me :(

I'm not coming across agressive buddy! Maybe your misunderstanding or not reading me in the right frame of mind!

PS it's not hard to regurgitate a bradey guide and trawl YouTube #JustSaying

True dat!

Is it just me, or does the Original Library againest the Remastered one seem different? Enemy placement is weird!