So is this ending hated more than Mass Effect 3's?(Spoilers)

Kal_El

I decided to look into the comics to find out what information I might have missed by not reading them. It actually explains why Alex is the villain in this game and the reasons why he makes the choices he does. It's a pretty interesting read. I just thought I'd link it for anyone interested.

http://prototype.wikia.com/wiki/Alex_Mercer

The wiki has information on all of the characters. So if you want a refresher on the plot of the first game, it's a good source.

There are comics for Prototype?

You guys want to be the next on line to be a bunch of cry baby bitches about some ending especially a game that isn't even popular among folks. God, this tread better not continue because ME3 fans themselves ruined ME3 altogether. Accept it for what it is, there is always DLC to continue from what happened.

This is Prototype, you had some sort of connection with Heller? Did you father you when you were a child? Then shut up, leave it as is. It had to end, it had to end, end of story. Game was fun but if you think about it, the story wasn't all great, the characters are okay, it was just mainly a game to run around and wreck havoc in a city. This isn't even close to what ME series was so shut up.

Idiot. Fans didnt make mass effects ending. So how did we ruin it. Tbf I didnt hate it but it did leave way to many questions

I personally felt the ending was good, I never did beat the first prototype game but I kinda liked it. I felt it left the game open for anything they could throw in. As far as the main character I still felt Mercer was definately a better character from the first game and playing a Heller wasn't as good as I thought it was going to be from the start of the game to the finish but I wouldn't mind seeing a DLC with maybe a whole new story twist or something.. I didn't purchase this game and it was so short Id would probably even wait for DLC that had achievements to drop down before Gameflying this again.

I decided to look into the comics to find out what information I might have missed by not reading them. It actually explains why Alex is the villain in this game and the reasons why he makes the choices he does. It's a pretty interesting read. I just thought I'd link it for anyone interested.

http://prototype.wikia.com/wiki/Alex_Mercer

The wiki has information on all of the characters. So if you want a refresher on the plot of the first game, it's a good source.

Thanks for that link. Very helpful and good as to why Alex was the way he was, it all makes sense now. Wonder if they would make a Prototype 3?

Thanks for that link. Very helpful and good as to why Alex was the way he was, it all makes sense now. Wonder if they would make a Prototype 3?

I'm sure they will. This one seemed to be well received by both fans and reviewers. I'm not positive, but I believe I heard the initial sales figures were pretty good. I'm looking forward to seeing where they take the story from here.

Alex was much better as a character than James. Even his origins story was superior. The ending was bad because in P2 so many people get powers it's a bit absurd to think that James is magically more powerful than all of the other "Evolved" and that Alex is stupid enough to give powers to him just to get killed later. Maybe it's a way to say "yeah we fucked up with P1, here's a symbolic way for you to forgot about it"

I loved both P1 and P2, both of their stories were kind of lacking but I don't think the developers' main focus was on the storyline. I think they were more focused on making the game unique in the sense that you're some guy, running around and "consuming" other people in order to increase your powers.

Both games were fun, before P2 came out, I would still go back to P1 and just mess around and stuff, which is what I'll probably end up doing with P2 later on. Like a few people ITT have stated, the ending leaves this game open for more sequels, perhaps somehow Rooks becomes the new main character in P3, if that ever happens. That, or maybe create your own character.

Edited by UhOhOreo

My friend said it was a beautiful ending, because it finally gives justice to the black man. You kill the white man and take his wife in the end. What should happen in the real world after centuries of injustice.

I looked at him and said, the fuck

That's some of the stupidest shit I've ever read. Just saying. Btw Dana was Alex's sister not his wife, and there is absolutely NO indication that she and Heller are romantically involved. I know this is something your friend said. Just pointing it out.

My friend said it was a beautiful ending, because it finally gives justice to the black man. You kill the white man and take his wife in the end. What should happen in the real world after centuries of injustice.

I looked at him and said, the fuck

...Dana was Alex's sister, not his wife.

The fact is. The end of prototype 2 isn't the ending. Sort of the middle. Your thinking it's the end because you've finished the game. While with Mass Effect 3 we already knew it was set out as a trilogy, which is why we thought the ending deserved more that it should have. While with Prototype ita was new. Try first to see if it's a hit. And it has been. So as long as people buy, story will go on for a bit. It is Activision after all :-)

Anyway enough Blah Blah Blah. Have loved the two games, roll on Protoype 3!! Would like them to change the location, but no where else would work, bar Tokyo, or maybe Shanghi. Eitherway I'll be getting Prototype 3.

To Be Continued...

Honestly, I couldnt have cared less about the ending to this game. The game itself WAS good, dont get me wrong but I was never really invested into James Heller as a character. He is nowhere near the caliber of Cmdr. Shepard. I got the platinum trophy for the PS3 version of this game and I just returned from Gamestop giving it back. However, I still have both collector ed. ME3's sitting on my bookshelf waiting and hoping for more SP content. I didnt care for the ME3 ending, and it hurt when I played thru that. Prototype2 ended and I was more like ehh, yeah, time to move on.

• 1 month later...

What I didn't like about the ending was that it was too abrupt. I hate cliffhangers for ending because it's lazy and seeing as how Radical is shutting down, we will not get a Prototype 3.

At least with the first game there was some closure with the possibility of a sequel. With P2, Heller kills Alex, wipes out the virus in the Red Zone, sees his daughter, and then Dana says "What do we do now?". Roll credits.

That's BS. Still so many questions and now we won't ever get answers.

Loved the game but the ending left a bitter taste.

• 6 months later...