Jimmy Jenkins Discussion Thread

Grohlvana

2 hours of farming last night we gave up. Restarted today, in the Wildlife area. Tried once, nothing. Second try bam found him. Killed him no achievement. Complected another challenge. No achievement. Looked over the challenge list and see that I need to complete a shotgun challenge to unlock another. Gah!

Without reloading my friend and I continued the story missions and he found Jimmy in Opportunity. So, just keep trying guys. He's there but very fickle.

Have fun farming those 750 close range kills. lol And don't forget about the splash dmg one for the rocket launcher.

And I found him near the bunker also but I didn't need to farm him, was just going up there and he popped out. Today was my lucky day and I'm done with the challenge achievement.

Have fun farming those 750 close range kills. lol And don't forget about the splash dmg one for the rocket launcher.

And I found him near the bunker also but I didn't need to farm him, was just going up there and he popped out. Today was my lucky day and I'm done with the challenge achievement.

the 750 close range kills are a cakewalk once you get a conference call shotgun, they 1 shot everything near enough especially with an amp shield. A run through of tundra express farmhouse with the little varkids gives around 50-60 so that doesnt take long, as for the splash damage i have level 4 already without even grinding it (normal gameplay)

The only challenge im having a hard time with is the second wind with electric over time, as most of my guns are too powerful and kill the enemy outright. Also can seem to find any bouncing betty grenades lol. I know the easy challenges are giving me the most pain.

Edited by ll Mr Bubbles ll

the 750 close range kills are a cakewalk once you get a conference call shotgun, they 1 shot everything near enough especially with an amp shield. A run through of tundra express farmhouse with the little varkids gives around 50-60 so that doesnt take long, as for the splash damage i have level 4 already without even grinding it (normal gameplay)

The only challenge im having a hard time with is the second wind with electric over time, as most of my guns are too powerful and kill the enemy outright. Also can seem to find any bouncing betty grenades lol. I know the easy challenges are giving me the most pain.

I know, I was one shotting everything, lol I do over 500k dmg. I was just pointing out that it was pretty boring.

I farmed itout at Opportunity, went from 350 or so kills to around 689 before I left the area. Everything respawns after a while.

Edited by xxJUSTINxx

Here goes my take on Jimmy Jenks and a way to get him if you don't have Creature Slaughter Dome and have finished the Doctors Orders quest.

Go to Thousand Cuts.... Run up to the Bunker.

Quit and Save inside the bunker.

Reload your game and exit

To your left you should see 2 mini yellow crates and a grey loot crate. Check them.

Down the road you should find three more mini yellow crates. Check them.

A little further down you'll see a set of steps to your left. Go up them, kill the Badass Constructor, and the 3 Hyperion guards. You can now loot I think 12 more containers, 2 or 3 of them are loot boxes.

If he doesn't spawn, go back into the bunker and save, reload and try again

I got Jimmy Jenks on my 15th try, not the odds of the Doctors Orders quest but if you finished that one up and don't have Creature Slaughter Dome, this is probably the next best way...

I didn't read through the post to see if this was posted, I just found it myself tonight. So good luck, hoping I can knock him off a few more times and finish the challange totally.

I can verify this method works. I was a level 50 playing on normal difficulty, solo. It took me 6 tries until Mr. Jenkins jumped out from a crate (one of the crates to the left of the door you spawn at upon reloading).

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, are you saying there are loot chest inside the bunker area or are you saying there are loot chest to the right of the entrance to the bunker? If its the latter of the two then I am spawning in the area you're talking about. Look at 1:58 in the video I posted. When I reload the game I spawn at the entrance to the bunker where there are two loot chest to the right, if you were facing it, which is the same two that beastmaster mentions in his method.

yes the 2 loot chests outside the bunker, not in the bunker area itself.

what i meant was when i saved/quit/reloaded at the part near the bunker i was never getting any loot bots but when i actually went into the bunker then saved/quit/reloaded and then leaving the bunker i found that the loot bots were turning up more for some reason.

sorry for the confusion.

i do also think the vault hunter loot relic helps too.

:)

YES I finally got Jimmy Jenkins. I also got it on Thousand Cuts. I was using McDurbins method, its much quicker than running into the bunker which means u can have more attempts and that was something I really needed. I wasnt one of the lucky ones who got it on their 6th run or something. Thank god I finally killed him!!

BTW, i also found Jimmy Jenkins in one of the crates to the left of the door you spawn at.

Edited by Mr Moozipan

Have yet to try any methods for getting old Jimmy to spawn. Just finishing off my last challenges in the hope he appears. It does seem a cheap way of keeping players going in this by having such a rare spawn. Me and a few friends have yet to see him after finishing most of the game. One or two however got him without realizing the lucky gits.

yes the 2 loot chests outside the bunker, not in the bunker area itself.

what i meant was when i saved/quit/reloaded at the part near the bunker i was never getting any loot bots but when i actually went into the bunker then saved/quit/reloaded and then leaving the bunker i found that the loot bots were turning up more for some reason.

sorry for the confusion.

i do also think the vault hunter loot relic helps too.

:)

Ah, ok. I guess your right. I did notice that I was getting more loot bots by doing exactly what beastmaster said but as Mr Moozipan pointed out was that you can run through the area quicker since you don't have to wait for two extra loading screens.

You can still get Jenkins without going in and out of the bunker.;)

Wow, I had no idea this guy was so hard to find. My first time through the Wildlife area I killed him -- more specifically my turret killed him as I never even saw him spawn. Of course, I've been trying to find a Chubby for a far too long.

I've killed lots already; a few of those were in the Caustic Caverns. You should try farming there; they usually pop out from the dump trucks in the first area.

As for Jenkins, I found him at Thousand Cuts, in one of the loot boxes near the Badass Constructor (2.0).

Actually it wasn't too bad. I helped my brother-in-law do the Slaughter dome's. So I got a lot done in there. Once I hit the 750 the achievement popped. I didn't realize that my progress would count even if I didn't have the challenge inlocked yet. It was a win-win.

I'm level 49 right now so the level 50 is the last one I need.

I will do as others have done. If I find a Jenkins I'll hold him and post here so someone can jump in and kill him.

I finally found Jenkins using beastmaster's method. It took about 10 tries. I've uploaded a video of when I found him and me running the route minus the back tracking.

So this shows you can skip running back into the bunker, then saving and quitting, then reloading the game and going through another loading screen to get back to thousand cuts to do this run.

Finally found Jenkins doing this method. I've done the other two spots numerous times with no results.

I got him soons I entered (resumed play after quiting out). I was not on a mission in this area either.

Finally found Jenkins doing this method. I've done the other two spots numerous times with no results.

I got him soons I entered (resumed play after quiting out). I was not on a mission in this area either.

I, too, found him doing this method. It only took a few tries. Today, I found him again in Wildlife Sanctuary right across from the Gamestop exclusive area.

I have a level 50 commando in TVHM and found him playing solo inside of the wildlife preserve while doing the Doctors missions. Only took two try too.

I highly suggest using that method if all others fail (opportunity or bunker).

Send me a message on XBL if you would like to use my mission to find him.

Gametag: PerpetualChi

PS Send a message first and not a friend invite.

The funny thing is that the little bot Jimmy Jenkins is proably the weakest 1 shot kill out of all the spawned box bots and engineers. It really is a cruel joke having him in the game at all on such a low pathetic spawn rate.

Confirmed. That "Beastmaster's" tactic works well. Only taking 5 tries from Bunker Save, and going into Thousand Cuts. He finally spawned in a box around the Constructer. Thank you

Does anyone know if the creature slaughter dome DLC is going to be a part of the season pass? I've picked up the first ECHO in Doctor's Orders but had not realised that I didn't have the DLC (I assumed it was in the premiere club, wasn't aware of the pre-order bonus), I'll hold off on continuing this mission for now if I can get the DLC in the near future.

Edited by Didi Mau

Does anyone know if the creature slaughter dome DLC is going to be a part of the season pass? I've picked up the first ECHO in Doctor's Orders but had not realised that I didn't have the DLC (I assumed it was in the premiere club, wasn't aware of the pre-order bonus), I'll hold off on continuing this mission for now if I can get the DLC in the near future.

It should be. All pre order stuff is usually avaible to everybody else via season pass or dlc download. To be honest with you it is not worth buying. Wasnt impressed at all. But it helped me kill that bastard jenkins!!!

ALL DLC is included with the Season Pass.