BEA's Blog: Welcome to the Hive

The BEAst in I

Those ice sculptures are really awesome! O_O I really like all of the ones that you posted! =D I would be interested in seeing the other ones. Also, those fries look strange to me.

They were cut differently, they were cut into a ribbon. It was very gimmicky. I will find the rest of the images and get them up soon.

Completely agree with Kairi. All those ice sculptures are brilliant! Was there anything inside the sphinx? They could've been cheeky and put a gift shop in there or something.

How much did those fries cost you? It was a big serving at least, although in this case that's probably not much of a good thing. :p

I'm not overly keen on mountain passes either. The last one I went up was in Snowdonia and I was very glad when we were back at the bottom. No fog for us though, thankfully. There would've been a considerably larger vocal objection to going up it if there was, I imagine. :)

I really like the Sphinx but I didn't go in it. Pretty sure it was empty inside.

The fries cost $5. I only ended up eating half of them. The blandness got to me after a while.

Sound of Music reference? Hell Yeah!

My favorite color:

Green

Why? Because I love nature. Plus the color green is a good color to symbolize growing, becoming stronger and better. Which is something I strive for, improving myself in every way possible.

Favorite animals:

Monkeys, because they are crazy and fun animals.

Penguins, because they are birds with natural tuxedos. Penguins are pretty cool for a bird that can't fly.

Favorite kind of food:

Almost anything on a Chinese buffet, especially salmon and anything with beef cutlets.

I also really really really like pizza.

Favorite soda:

Mountain Dew and Dr Pepper. Been drinking both ever since I could make my own decisions at restaurants. Dr Pepper I came to like first, not exactly sure why, but I did. Mountain came about out of intrigue when I was 8 or 9. My Mom had always talked about how she used to drink a lot of mountain dew when she was in here 20's but gave it up after getting ulcers. For as long as I have been a live and longer, she has not had a single drop of mountain dew. Her talking about it, got me to try it and I ended up loving it.

Favorite Xbox 360 game:

Dark Souls, thats an explanation for another day.

Favorite PS2 game:

A tie between Kingdom Hearts 2 and Jak 3. I spent a monstrous amount of time on both games from the moment I got them til the day I got an xbox 360.

Favorite Job that I have held:

Cashier at Kroger, easy and fun; plus great co-workers. Who wouldn't want that for a job as a teenager looking for some spending money.

Favorite state I have lived in:

I have lived in 6 different states, Oregon; Iowa; California; Texas; Pennsylvania and Idaho. Probably tons of bias due to the amount of time lived in each state and time of my life that I was in; but Texas is my favorite. I did -Kindergarten-6th grade in Texas, and then the last half of 9th-graduation. I got my first 2 jobs in Texas and made tons of friends that I miss almost daily. Tons of fond memories, that way out balance the bad.

[noparse][noparse][/noparse][/noparse]

Start off with something fancy that will explain how I am demonstrating this for people.

So normally when you have the code for embedding an image in your post without an image url in it won't show the code when you post. Using a specific piece of code I can make code showup that wouldn't normally show up

This code is [noparse][noparse][/noparse][/noparse] What no parsing does is it takes away the characteristics of the code you typed in between the code. So that text in between the no parse tags is treated as regular text when you post.

For example

Without no parsing around the spoiler tag code you get your spoiler tag

[spoiler=Demonstration]This is a demonstration

Add in noparsing and the [noparse][spoiler=]

[/noparse] gets deactivated and becomes plain text for all intensive purposes.

[noparse][spoiler=Demonstration]This is a demonstration

[/noparse]

Not many people will use this tip/trick, but its easier than posting:

[ spoiler=Demonstration ]This is a demonstration[/ spoiler ]

Just take out the spaces next to the word spoiler and it will create a spoiler tag.

Instead you can say

Copy and paste this

[noparse][spoiler=Demonstration1]This is a demonstration

[/noparse]

to get

[spoiler=Demonstration1]This is a demonstration

or something to that effect. :)

I am explaining this one first, since I will be using the noparsing tags to show off more forum code tricks in the future. If this needs further explanation I am willing to give it.

Edited by KillerBEA

Well. You learn something new every day about XBA. :D

...SOB that rhymes. :dance:

I intend to show off some more stuff like that in the coming days. Most of this kind of stuff is built into the advanced editor but [noparsing][/noparsing] and few others aren't. If you quote this post you can see there are other non-coding ways to accomplish the same thing.

Let's try it out!

[noparse]

I intend to show off some more stuff like that in the coming days. Most of this kind of stuff is built into the advanced editor but [noparsing][/noparsing] and few others aren't. If you quote this post you can see there are other non-coding ways to accomplish the same thing.
[/noparse]

My god. It worked!

Edited by Slaughter.

So I am pretty excited for 'The Elder Scrolls Online'. Honestly TES:O is the game pushing me to upgrade to an Xbox One instead of just hanging onto just playing on a 7th gen console.

I love the world The Elder Scrolls games are set in, more than any character, story or plot device in the series. By story I mean the story of the events that take place while you're playing the games; the lore itself that is backing up the mediocre stories is fantastic though.

I don't have a lot of experience with MMO's to be honest. The only one I have put any significant time into was Runescape. I played Runescape on and off for several years. At one point at I had a paid subscription to Runscape so I could adventure into the part of the world locked off to paying members only. I only did that for a few months and eventually stopped because the added content wasn't enough to keep me paying. Once I got an xbox 360 I completely stopped playing the game. Until yesterday that is, I logged in to find out my character was reset when they moved to Runescape 2 and then again when moving to Runescape 3 or something like that. I had 2 skills in the 90's so screw restarting. Enough about that though.

I will be picking up my Xbox One a few days before picking up TES:O on release day. That way I can have all the console updates taken care of before picking up the game. This way I can just pop in the game and start playing when I get home, instead of picking both up at the same time and then proceed to wait for hours to play my new game while the console updates.

The collectors edition for the game looks pretty good.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/images/news/elder-scrolls-online-imperial-edition.jpg

Plus it's only $100, which is cheaper than I thought it would be. I have the perfect place for the map and statue in my game room. Super excited.

As a result of my excited I have been more interested in entertainment with themes that revolve around MMOs. Its mainly been anime, but my excitement did get to load up runescape for the first in several years and I signed up and tried Eve Online (cluster fuck) and some D&D free to play MMO that I can't remember. Anime wise I started watching Log Horizon, which is amazing; if you like MMOs or anime you should watch it. I plan watching the .hack series which is supposed to be really good. Sword Art Online is also coming out with more content soonish so I will be watching that too, even though the show is super mediocre in a lot of ways its still enjoyable.

Dark Souls II and Elder Scrolls Online are all I can think about right now. I am super excited for both, it actually makes it hard to focus on games right now with my excitement levels slowly rising out of control. I can barely contain myself.....

...OMG OMG OMG OMG 41 DAYS TIL DARK SOULS II!!!!!

lol

[noparse][/noparse]

So this one is really good for making a table of contents for our new found blogs as well as being good for referencing particular posts while making a guide. It also doesn't open a new tab for me when I click on it, so thats a plus. You need some information from the url of the post you're linking to. Namely the post ID. How do you get said ID, you say? I made some quick pictures on how to get where you need to go and what to grab.

http://i.imgur.com/Ey0CnoM.png

So first go to the post you want to reference, in this example I will using my blog post about awards. You see this on every post, but notice the post number in the top right hand corner of each post? Click that (its circled in the pic for reference). Ok now we are in single post viewing, which is a tab showing only that post singled out.

Next step

http://i.imgur.com/MCq973o.png

Go to the url box at the top (some browsers are the bottom) of your web browser. Now look for the p= part of the url (some browsers need you to click on the url to show this part of the url; like opera). We want all the numbers between p= and and & (this part of the url is circled in the picture) So in this case for award post I need to grab 6193485

Now we have the post ID of the post we want to link to, what now? Ok so take the post id number (ex: 6193485) and insert it after the equals sign (=) in [noparse][/noparse]. Once we do that we have [noparse][/noparse]. Now in order to actually use this as a link have to add something in-between [noparse] and [noparse][/noparse]

In this example I would use the text 'January 22nd- Awards?! AWARDS!!!' . So add that in and I get:

[noparse]January 22nd- Awards?! AWARDS!!![/noparse]

Which makes this:

January 22nd- Awards?! AWARDS!!!

This is my current table of contents for the sake of more examples:

[noparse]
[b]
[center][size="3"]Table of Contents:[/size][/center]
[/b]
[post=6188095][b]January 19th[/b]- Introductions [/post]
[post=6189171][b]January 20th-[/b] Clubbing With The Staff[/post]
[post=6191218][b]January 21th-[/b] 30 years of Franchise?[/post]
[post=6193485][b]January 22nd- [/b]Awards?! AWARDS!!![/post]
[post=6200713][b]January 26th-[/b] Adventures in Potato Land #1: Snow Sculptures[/post]
[post=6202745][b]January 28th- [/b]These are a few of my favorite things[/post]
[post=6203057][b]January 29th-[/b] Forum Trick of the Day #1[/post]
[post=6204181][b]January 29th-[/b] Old Paper Online[/post]
[/noparse]

Which makes:

January 19th- Introductions

January 20th- Clubbing With The Staff

January 21th- 30 years of Franchise?

January 26th- Adventures in Potato Land #1: Snow Sculptures

January 28th- These are a few of my favorite things

January 29th- Forum Trick of the Day #1

January 29th- Old Paper Online

This makes for cleaner linking in general when referencing a particular post or if you want to reference a set of posts and want them to start there and have them continue reading from that point.

Well I hope this will be helpful to someone. I should be doing another blog that is not about coding your posts by the end of the day, haven't decided on a topic yet but hopefully I will have something. Thats all for now, laterz.

They were cut differently, they were cut into a ribbon. It was very gimmicky. I will find the rest of the images and get them up soon.

Ah, okay. I've never seen fries cut like that before so it seemed peculiar to me. XD That would be great, thanks! =D

Also, penguins, pizza, and Mountain Dew are all awesome! :)

What I did was search my posts in my thread and use the link from the search results. That seemd to do the same thing.

Every tutorial I post will have alternate means to achieve the same thing. Whatever works for people will work for people.

Ah, okay. I've never seen fries cut like that before so it seemed peculiar to me. XD That would be great, thanks! =D

Also, penguins, pizza, and Mountain Dew are all awesome! :)

Penguins are awesome, I loved the book Mr Popper's Penguin as a kid, the movie was pretty good too.

Lovin' the tutorial, BEA. Will be useful for us bloggers.

Thats the intent. I don't have many more tutorials to do though. Since a lot of it is covered with the advanced post editor.

I hope to have a new blog up tonight. Probably be a lot of bitching and complaining on my part though so...

[noparse]January 22nd- Awards?! AWARDS!!![/noparse]

Which makes this:

This is my current table of contents for the sake of more examples:

[noparse]
[b]
[center][size="3"]Table of Contents:[/size][/center]
[/b]
[post=6188095][b]January 19th[/b]- Introductions [/post]
[post=6189171][b]January 20th-[/b] Clubbing With The Staff[/post]
[post=6191218][b]January 21th-[/b] 30 years of Franchise?[/post]
[post=6193485][b]January 22nd- [/b]Awards?! AWARDS!!![/post]
[post=6200713][b]January 26th-[/b] Adventures in Potato Land #1: Snow Sculptures[/post]
[post=6202745][b]January 28th- [/b]These are a few of my favorite things[/post]
[post=6203057][b]January 29th-[/b] Forum Trick of the Day #1[/post]
[post=6204181][b]January 29th-[/b] Old Paper Online[/post]
[/noparse]

This was actually new information for me. Thanks :) Now to go do some editing on my table of contents :D (save me some character for later)

Well I said in advance that this blog would contain primarily complaining. If you didn't see that before you're now warned that I am going to complain in this blog entry, there also will be profane language; probably. This is a 2 part blog; part 1 is complaining about my job, and part 2 is gonna be complaining about a game. Part 1 uses fake names, because I am a nice guy... I think.

Part 1: Welcome to Hell

Now I work at a fast food burger restaurant and I wish I didn't.

Okay now onto why I dislike my job. My manager's are fucking annoying and I have that 1 co-worker that still treats me like its my first day working there. Everyone else is fine for the most part, minus Jasmine, she is horrible to work with if I am working fries and she is working sandwiches. If she is working sandwiches she will bitch and moan about where I stand and how I stand; fucking annoying. Now for Cassandra, every day she tells me things I already know and talks to me like I just started. Today I was taking some fresh off the grill chicken to the drawer where they are held til they are put on a sandwich. Now normally I would I get the chicken into a small plastic container and then carry it over (less chance of dropping it). Well my container was full of spicy and homestyle chicken, so I did what I had to to get the chicken to where it needed to go. I put the grilled chicken on a spatula and very carefully walked the chicken over. It was that or let it overcook while I deal with the other chicken. She proceeds to bitch at me for doing it like that, telling me how I should do it. I seriously just yelled, "I know I have been doing it for 2.5 months, I think I know what I am doing by now!" It was a good thing I had 3 co-workers in the way or I might of done something I regretted. She does stuff like that every-time we work together, and its really starting to grate on my nerves.

Now for Evan, the shift supervisor. This gas bag is immature, racist, sexist, homophobic and just all around annoying. He will burp into the mic REALLY REALLY loudly so that every employee can hear him through their headsets. He then proceeds to talk about how since he is on the clock he got paid to do that burp. He also talks about farting on the job a lot, and how its more satisfying to do so at work since he is getting paid to do that. He also constantly spews homophobic jokes and makes just plain crude remakes about homosexuals; which I am deeply offended by because my Brother is homosexual. He constantly makes sexist jokes and comments towards our female co-workers, seriously dude that shit isn't funny. I hate how he was trying to get my name re-written in the computer to say Ben Dover was my name, freaking childish. I am getting this dude fired if its the last thing I do, at the very least demoted as he should not be behaving like that and be a "manager"

Finally my store manager, Sam. This guy isn't too terrible on a personal level minus one thing. Everytime we are short something for an order and we have to wait while it cooks; its called getting "Ben'd". Why is my name synonymous with being short on food you say? Because I always run out of fries at least once per shift, and thats usually because people start asking me to do favors. How am I supposed to keep up with fries when I have to keep going to the walk-in or the freezer to get some cheese or some frozen vegetables for people? I can't, at least not without making way more fries than I should and that would be against "policy". I can't win no matter what I do.

As much as I hate my job, I need more hours so I can buy my first car, an xbox one, Dark Souls II and so and so forth. For almost 6 weeks straight I got 18 hours working 4-5 shifts depending on the week. Now I am down to 3 days and 12 hours; after asking for more hours and more training several times. I feel like I mean nothing at all to anybody there. I try so hard to do a good job and all I get is being yelled at. I hate this job, and yes I am looking for another job. I don't want to be unemployed again.

Part 2: I Want to Stab This Game

What game you ask? Its JUMPER: GRIFFIN'S STORY. This game IS AWFUL. I cried and choked on the fear of one day returning to it. I put it off for almost a year and a half. Thanks to Bplayak putting it the Toilet Bowl tier 1, it became apparent that my time to play the game had come sooner than I had hoped. Yet I still put it off, instead of playing it I decided to work on much harder and more time consuming clubs such as Inebriated Jedi's and Bplayak's. I was just prolonging my inevitable return to this poor excuse for shovelware. So yesterday number of awards got brought up in the staff chat and I was talking about wanting to catch up. Jackanape mentioned he was getting 2 more awards, putting me even further behind. So I said "FUCK IT I AM PLAYING JUMPER!" I finally finished my first playthrough that I started in September of 2011. Then I ran through 1 full time to get the no dying achievement and the speedrun achievement, got those first try. I got everything else I was missing during that run too, minus the collectibles. so I ran through the game for a second runthrough in 1 day so I could finish the game off for good. I followed the guide very closely, to the letter, to the tee and I still didn't get my achievement. I was steamed. I hated this game before, but now I hate it more than I thought I could ever hate a game. Now I have to do a 4th run of the game (3rd in 2 days) in order to get my completion and a bronze toilet bowl in my award showcase. UGH! When I am done with this game I am destroying it and sacrificing it to the gaming gods, it can join my copy of the Darkness and my copy of Eragon in video game hell.

Ok I am done. I just really needed to get that off my chest.

Edited by KillerBEA

Part 1: I know what you mean since I go through a similar situation at my school. There's this little bitch Raul that thinks he's all amazing and is racist and immature and he talks SOOO loudly. Seriously, the other day I almost punched him in the face since I have anger management issues (I can keep it together when I'm on here and on XBL but irl if I get mad enough I just lose it :/).

Part 2: I told you that game was horrifyingly bad. :D

It's part of the reason I game is because after dealing with assholes like that (and others but I won't go into detail on your blog about that) I just want to sit back and deal with A.I. bitches. :p

I know how you feel BEA, although it sounds like you have it pretty rough. I worked in a job where the managers were useless and half the co-workers were either really annoying to work with or just did the bare minimum that was required not to get fired.

I wish I could offer you some solid advice. I would say speak up but I tried that but it didn't really work out, (the manager spoke to one of my co-workers about not showing up for shifts but he also put me on the graveyard shift for 3 weeks because there was a "shortage of staff") in the end I just dealt with it and eventually found another job.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/images/awards/maxclub-toilet1-64.png

I am now eligible for this wonderful toilet as my next award. That makes 22. I am probably gonna get tier 2, since none of them look that hard; but I am not rushing out to buy or play the remaining games. Jumper joined the list of games that I have destroyed the disc. I stabbed several holes in it. I have what I need from it and it holds no value at all; plus I hate its guts so it got destroyed.

Might go and finish Monkey Island now, not sure. All I know is that I need to get my ass in gear and earn some more awards. I don't know whats next but hopefully its less painful than playing though Jumper 3 times in 3 days.

I know how you feel BEA, although it sounds like you have it pretty rough. I worked in a job where the managers were useless and half the co-workers were either really annoying to work with or just did the bare minimum that was required not to get fired.

I wish I could offer you some solid advice. I would say speak up but I tried that but it didn't really work out, (the manager spoke to one of my co-workers about not showing up for shifts but he also put me on the graveyard shift for 3 weeks because there was a "shortage of staff") in the end I just dealt with it and eventually found another job.

Thats what I am trying to do, is find another job. Since I have this one I don't need to settle for something I hate. I will keep looking until I find something that will make me happy. I probably shouldn't have too high of standards because I really want to quit this job, but I don't want to end up in another shitty situation.

Edited by KillerBEA

I'm sorry to hear that you have a terrible job! Hang in there, and I wish you luck in search of a better job; I hope that it will not take too long to find a new one! Also, congratulations on getting the Bronze Toilet award!

Ditto! Now you just need an actual bronze toilet in your home. :p

I have been playing Bakugan Battle Brawlers and Battle for the Pacific for the last week, trying to finish both of them off. Both games are bad and both of them have boring grinds attached to them.

Bakugan requires you to win 20 Tag Matches, 20 4 way free for alls, 50 1 on 1's plus beat the story, unlock everything, and mess around in an extra mode. The game takes about 25 hours to complete. Thats about 20 to 24 hours too long for what the game offers. There is a distinct lack of real depths; the same generic strategy works on everyone and it works every single time. Not much else to say about this game except its very boring and lacks real depth. All I have left is winning 12 more 4 ways and buying 2 bakugan. I should be done tonight if I can handle the boredom, if not then I will finish it tomorrow after work.

Battle for the Pacific is a game with a super short and east campaign. Even on hard its a joke. The campaign takes about 2-3 hours which will net you all the singleplayer achievements. The other half of the gamerscore (literally almost a 50/50 split) comes from boosting the mind numbing multiplayer. The fact that the multiplayer achievements take 15 hours is really quite silly, especially considering thats 5-7 times longer than the singleplayer. I only have 1 achievement left and I am almost done with it; its the achievement for 500 kills with Japanese weapons in mp. I should have more than 400 kills already, so this should be done tonight or tomorrow (depending on StayonTarget)

Thats all I got for now. Hopefully I won't die of boredom.

Now for Evan, the shift supervisor. This gas bag is immature, racist, sexist, homophobic and just all around annoying. He will burp into the mic REALLY REALLY loudly so that every employee can hear him through their headsets. He then proceeds to talk about how since he is on the clock he got paid to do that burp. He also talks about farting on the job a lot, and how its more satisfying to do so at work since he is getting paid to do that. He also constantly spews homophobic jokes and makes just plain crude remakes about homosexuals; which I am deeply offended by because my Brother is homosexual. He constantly makes sexist jokes and comments towards our female co-workers, seriously dude that shit isn't funny. I hate how he was trying to get my name re-written in the computer to say Ben Dover was my name, freaking childish. I am getting this dude fired if its the last thing I do, at the very least demoted as he should not be behaving like that and be a "manager"

I wanna hear about it when you do. :) Or at the very least, punch him in the face after you quit. :p

And thanks for the tip. It's better to not have it open a new tab. :)

Part 1: Welcome to Hell

Okay now onto why I dislike my job. My manager's are fucking annoying and I have that 1 co-worker that still treats me like its my first day working there.

I know exactly how you feel with your job, man. I started work last week with this other woman; she immediately adopted this patronizing tone with me, telling me how I was doing everything wrong, and I had to do it her way. People that do that absolutely make my skin crawl. I pretty much told her to back off, but she wouldn't. After ten minutes, I was ready to throw something at her.

Edited by MeltingBalloons