On the marketplace now 1/31

Purple Hooter

Just a heads up to everyone, I am currently downloading the DLC right now from the Marketplace. It is 763.06 MB.

I knew Feb 1st had to be an incorrect release date as new content always drops on Tuesdays. So to all of you Dead Island fans, fire that bad boy up and start downloading!

Enjoy

UPDATE: I hate to say this - there are no achievements and it seems to only be 1 player.

Edited by Purple Hooter

Maybe the new chevo's haven't been uploaded to the XBL server yet?

I'll hold out and wait to see if there are new chevo's or not.

There wasnt even an update for the game after downloading the new DLC. So I am not counting on new achievements.

Although I thought it was MS policy to have 250GS added to any DLC that is 800 MSP or higher. (That isnt MP map packs)

wow no new achievements? thats just lost them at least half of the people who were prepared to buy this. its single player, its taken ages to finally confirm and release, it costs us 8 pounds/dollars and there is no real incentive to play it? well done! dont be suprised if dead island trade in's go crazy this weekend techland/ deep silver ;)

I love achievements as much as the next guy but my love for this game exceeds my need to achieve in this case. Can't wait to see what kind of new mods there will be and if there are more answers uncovered.

I agree. I still purchased this DLC pack regardless. While I love achievements and it sucks that it doesn't have any, its not going to make me not want more for my Dead Island goodness. I love Dead Island, and will be purchasing all the DLC packs they come out for this game, achievements or not.

Remember when gaming wasn't always about achievements? I love them, don't get me wrong, but gaming isn't always about achievements. Gaming, to me, is about having fun. And achievements are just a perk to me.

• 9 months later...