Weapons for rubber band?

I'd like to know which weapons are best for the rubber band trick for each armors for Tier 5, Tier 6 and Tier 7, any good suggestions? I'm simply using the 1-1 stage if that is relevant info.

Of course homing or heat seeking are required, but I've noticed for example, the Battle's Armachd Reamhar keeps destroying the Anthill (making it crumbled to prevent spawning for some times) which makes the process way slower

For the Trooper (currently Tier 5), I'm having a hard time finding the right weapon to do this.

Tactical and Jet were easier to rubber band, but still if anyone has some suggestions that are better than the setup I've got, it would be great!

This is partly for ranking up, but also a lazy approach for the Daddy Warbugs.

Edited by minh2

Well if you use the second anthill instead of the first, it is protected in that little hole and won't be destroyed... but the weapon really doesn't matter all that much. It just needs to kill the ants before they get inside the arc range you've setup so you don't die while you're gone. Use the one that does the best combination of shooting fast, reloading fast and doing the best damage.

Yeah, I've been using the 2nd Anthill, but even tho it's in a small crater, the Battle's Rocket Launcher shoots vertical shots which still hits the Anthill contrary to other Armor's Homing/Seeking.

For the Trooper, it seems the weapon I'm using isn't strong enough so even if I place myself at the end of the map so that they get killed while trying to reach me, the pace at which the XP gains are very slow compared to the other Armors.

For exemple, with the Jet and the rubber band trick at tier 8, I could reach 65,500xp in less than 2 hours but for some other armors, it can takes 4x that time. Which is why I think I'm doing something wrong haha

Any specific weapons I could try out? Especially the Battle and Trooper armor.

It should take a max of 40 minutes to hit the xp cap at Tier 8 so you're definitely positioned wrong or something. I generally sit at the intersection just south of where the Lander crashes in the beginning and shoot at about a 45 degree angle. This gives the rockets a very short arc so they can not crest the hill that the anthill is hidden in. I used Battle to boost Daddy WarBugs, don't remember the weapon offhand though, sorry.

Standing where Pants said using the Battle armor I found the al-Din Desert Rose ++ to do the job very well at Tier 7.

Very rarely shuts the hole up and kills them fast. It's a drop though so you might not have it yet. I guess the lower power versions of the same model would work at lower tiers.

Would be useful to know what weapons other people used for other classes tho. I've noticed some of the weapons have an homing ability even tho nothing is mentioned in the stats. I only have my Battle up to tier 8 so far, so it would be nice to know what weapons are people using to do this for other classes. Save me wasting my credits on weapons that are no good for the job.

Edited by Trash Man

Battle: Armachd Reamhar series Rockets, Leviticus Dobro series Missiles, Wallagis PopStar series Missiles - ideal choice depends on current rank

Jet: GoatShrike Missiles series will work for all ranks

Tactical: Long Wattkins series Missiles

Trooper: Gorgona series Missiles, RLF-17 Floorboard if you have the DLC

Thanks for the info :) I found the Armachd Reamhar closes the nest up to often compared to the al-Din Desert Rose for the Battle class.

• 2 weeks later...
thanks, those suggestions worked great.

I have another question tho: is it possible to rubber band the Fleet Depleter achievement? possible to rubberband some gunship?

All homing/heatseeking i use eventually destroys the carrier, anyway to do this?

I haven't found a way to band it, but you can just go to Mission 3-3 I think? All I remember is chapter 3 inner city before the queen. It's the map with twin turrets downtown. Depending on difficulty I think like 4 drop ships show up? And there are a crap ton of bombers. Getting the 100 drop ships isn't too bad and should come naturally, unless trying to boost everything lol.

Various survival maps are also decent for farming specific mobs. That being said I find them annoying as all hell and ground out most of my stuff on normal maps(except tank kills sooo much easier to do that in survival).

For killing carriers use a machine gun(unless you have a char at lvl 8 with nukes in which case the answer should be obvious), the DPS is way higher considering the time delay between guessing when the doors will open and how long it takes for your projectile to reach the vulnerable spot.

Edited by Primarch Akurei

• 10 months later...

Quick question: I'm doing the rubber trick right now with my Jet LV6 and the Goat missiles in Hard.

Do you think I would have a better output on Inferno with the Bots on? Or is it still too risky?

EDIT:

GAAAAH, the game bugged after I reached 65500 xp >.<

I destroyed the anthill but the next script didn't launch, I was stuck in the level. I searched for a last bug lost in the stage, but after I leveled all the buildings, could'nt find any, and the seeking missiles didn't catch anything and had to restart :(

Is it happening often?

Edited by Goldengreg