Official Bitching Thread

Gamer Relaps3

• Replies 863
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just completed the campaign, noticed I didn't get the achievement for completing the game. When going back into the campaign overview I notice mission 4 does not have the completed icon on it. Even though I clearly completed the mission (I mean, how could I not? I completed the game).

So I check the achievements, and it turns out I didn't get the achievement for completing the forth mission either. Not so bad, I'll just do it again.

Done that 3 times now. Still not registering. Still no achievements?

What gives? =[

You know what really grinds my gears? People who kill the person I'm assassinating. I'm clearly 2/3 of the way through the assassination animation, so stop fucking shooting the guy. I don't get assassinations very often, but they make me feel awesome. So stop stealing them.

This is why I hate people.

Happened to me in one of my first online games in Halo 4... left a sour taste in my mouth and a negative review on their profile.

Yoinking is for scrubs.

This is why I hate people.

Happened to me in one of my first online games in Halo 4... left a sour taste in my mouth and a negative review on their profile.

Yoinking is for scrubs.

After it happened, I shot in his general direction to let him know I didn't appreciate it. Then, he hopped out of the warthog turret, got in the drivers' seat, and backed over me -.-

After it happened, I shot in his general direction to let him know I didn't appreciate it. Then, he hopped out of the warthog turret, got in the drivers' seat, and backed over me -.-

i've done this to a mate before on reach, this enemy came from behind and my mate saved me assasinating him and in panic mode just hit him without realising my mate had him and yoinked his kill.....

he laughed, and then shot me in the leg with a sniper rifle

I'm guessing not a lot of people know that the Yoink medals have been taken out in H4.

I know Yoink is gone, however the practice is sadly still around.

Even in Reach they were the epitome of stupid game design.

"Let's reward a player with a medal for stealing a kill that is the most difficult to pull off in online multiplayer." How Bungie thought Yoink was a good idea is beyond me, and 343i easily could've made it so nobody could damage an assassinee.

Of course with Yoink gone, it's now fully the player's choice to be pathetic or not. Nothing else grinds my gears as much as yoinking.

I know Yoink is gone, however the practice is sadly still around.

Even in Reach they were the epitome of stupid game design.

"Let's reward a player with a medal for stealing a kill that is the most difficult to pull off in online multiplayer." How Bungie thought Yoink was a good idea is beyond me, and 343i easily could've made it so nobody could damage an assassinee.

Of course with Yoink gone, it's now fully the player's choice to be pathetic or not. Nothing else grinds my gears as much as yoinking.

I'm gonna go ahead and play devil's advocate for a moment here. Your teammate is shooting an opponent, the opponent is backing away from him. You come up behind the opponent and start an assassination. From your teammate's perspective, you're stealing his kill. So he keeps shooting and kills him, thus depriving you of your assassination kill steal.

Don't get me wrong, I hate starting an assassination and ending up with an assist too. But shit happens - people throw grenades, rockets go off, the person they were dueling melees, etc. And as mad as you seem to be about it happening, if they had made it so no one could damage a person mid assassination there'd be people just as pissed about that.

Also in the heat of battle, if I see an enemy I shoot. I don't stop and think "Is that person being assassinated?"

If I notice, yeah I wont attack them, but my first instinct is to remove the threat. I can honestly say here and now that I have no idea if I have 'yoinked' another person's kill, but quite possibly I have.

And then you have the people that see a free kill and just take it for an easy +1 to their K/Ds. I hate the concept of yoinking, but if you're allowed to showstop, yoinking should be free game as well, even though I had one game where I got 5 assists just from getting yoinked everytime!

I'm gonna go ahead and play devil's advocate for a moment here. Your teammate is shooting an opponent, the opponent is backing away from him. You come up behind the opponent and start an assassination. From your teammate's perspective, you're stealing his kill. So he keeps shooting and kills him, thus depriving you of your assassination kill steal.

Don't get me wrong, I hate starting an assassination and ending up with an assist too. But shit happens - people throw grenades, rockets go off, the person they were dueling melees, etc. And as mad as you seem to be about it happening, if they had made it so no one could damage a person mid assassination there'd be people just as pissed about that.

If you assassinate/are assassinating a person that someone else has already engaged in combat and/or just about to kill them then by all means they should continue to engage and get their kill. I wouldn't consider that to be a yoink, that would be fair play.

It's when people intentionally decide to deprive you of your assassination that really gets me. Why should I go to the trouble of assassinating someone and spend an extra 2-3 seconds in an animation that is endangering my own life, only for someone to purposefully steal that kill. I know that 'cheapness' is hardly an excuse when it comes to online gaming - you do what you can to win within the limits of the game. I'm going to use the Sword Base camping as an example - it's damn annoying but super effective; however even as a means to get that one extra kill, yoinking only promotes the sort of gameplay that can split teams.

:drunk

Also as devils advocate. I've seen my son deliberately going for all assassinations totally oblivious to his team. Instead of joining fight he assassinates letting a teammate die while trying to get a kill. There are times where he is legit about it but he was crying one match getting yoinked a couple of times and I pointed out like ReverendSID, they were engaged first, and the whole if I saw you appear on my death screen I'd yoink you a couple times for not playing as a teammate and letting teammates die because you want an assassination.

My bitch was how absolute laggy/ glitchy WARGAMES was at one point last night.

I was having a great couple matches of SWAT, I didn't always win but with out the radar, I was able to even odds and not be the bottom of the list. Won a descent amount of games, pulling off multi kills, doing well then next match (after 5) all if sudden the red team can just absorb bullets to the head. (eating them like they are good bacon.

I pulled off some kills as they were jumping off a structure, but after hit it would rewind up and then fast forward back and then he shot me from ground and I died.

It was almost like the physics of the game work different for them.

It was an extremely fustrating game.

Edited by PervasiveFall8

I took the Sniper in Ragnarok, since no one else wanted it. Seriously, I didn't even rush that thing and it was the beginning of the game.

So I walk to the pelican side, thinking nothing, when suddenly a Mongo(ose) splatters me. Betrayal!

So, let me get that straight: I can't get shot by Friendly Fire, but splattering 'by accident' is alright. Because I took the sniper rifle some douche wanted. Alright.

I walked to that guy after I respawned and stood in front of him for two minutes, blocking his shots with my ass. Eventually, I couldn't be bothered and joined the fight (which we were already winning), to which he contributed shit, after all.

Or a game of Spartan Ops (Valhalla): This guy ran over me in his Ghost two times, so I mocked him and his Ghost with an EMP-blast and a few Plasmas, also destroyed his Mantis every time I had the chance. Not actively, but EMPing his Mantis while Banshees took shots at him. Great fun, indeed. I even had the highest score. What a joke.

F Betrayers.

Playing Big Team Slayer (or whatever it is called) the other day and upon jumping into an empty Mantis some knob of a team mater proceeded to just stand there and zap me with his plasma pistol. He then mimicked the motion of disabling it with a tea-bag-esque display of sitting up and down in front of me.

I figure he was expecting me to get out after the third shot. I figured there was a limit to how many times he could use his plasma gun.

Stupid arse; why the hell he thought he should have it over everyone else is beyond me.

On a more pleasant note, I now know what the beeping means (in Mongooses and Warhogs). Someone drove up behind me in a Mongoose and just sat there beeping at me, I thought he was just trying to wind me up. Now I know better!

I'm going to use the Sword Base camping as an example - it's damn annoying but super effective; however even as a means to get that one extra kill, yoinking only promotes the sort of gameplay that can split teams.

And that's a fair point. Like I said, I hate it too. I guess I'm just more often in a "roll with it" kinda mood. Intentional, repeated betrayals is more the thing that pisses me off. Actually, you could even scratch intentional from that. Someone driving a hog with no awareness or care where his team is pisses me off just as much as someone shooting the teammate who picked up the rocket launcher he wanted does.

But back to assassinations. Is it just my imagination, or is it much harder to get a showstopper medal than it was in Reach?

Playing Big Team Slayer (or whatever it is called) the other day and upon jumping into an empty Mantis some knob of a team mater proceeded to just stand there and zap me with his plasma pistol. He then mimicked the motion of disabling it with a tea-bag-esque display of sitting up and down in front of me.

I figure he was expecting me to get out after the third shot. I figured there was a limit to how many times he could use his plasma gun.

Stupid arse; why the hell he thought he should have it over everyone else is beyond me.

On a more pleasant note, I now know what the beeping means (in Mongooses and Warhogs). Someone drove up behind me in a Mongoose and just sat there beeping at me, I thought he was just trying to wind me up. Now I know better!

If anything, THIS will never change. Me and my buddy had a similar encounter last night where these two morons kept plasma pistol'ing anyone who got in the Mantis. These are the people that truly ruin the game b/c they weren't even using it let alone "playing the game". They were just being dicks.

These are the people that should've been the victims of shaken baby syndrome.

Would you complain had someone on the other team killed you from afar while performing your assasination and then your teammate not have killed the enemy??

I dont steal kills (I cant recall killing someone else's guy when they were doing an assasination)....but if you are in a team slayer does it really matter who gets the kill?? I mean your only padding your stats but the team kill is the important thing.

Now that i've finished it, i can say my biggest complaint is the story. It had some great moments but overall didn't have the same compelling narrative that the previous titles had. I was expecting so much more of the story of Chief and Cortana to evolve but it felt like 343 barely scratched the surface.

With every previous Halo titles i felt so compelled to play through the story, spending every free minute i had playing, this time there were parts of the campaign that started to feel like a grind to get through.

Ok right about now Im super pissed over no Theater in Campaign or Spartan Ops. My buddy Jetpacked up to a Pelican at the end of a S. Ops mission to try n board it, and I was just shooting everything I could to end things, ended up blowing up one of those Covy towers, and the debris got enough speed to knock him outta the air, dead. I can never recapture that if I were to try a million times!!!! Ugh thanks, 343.........