community still active?

i fist brown i

last i owned the game was in November (?).... When i owned it, the community was still active.

Since im a premium member, and i got rid of the game b4 all the dlc released, i feel like i want to go and get the game again (used, of course) to experience the 3 dlc packs i missed.

So, with the new dlc's launched, is the community still active? Back whenever i played, i was a noob to Battlefield, and i just got use to flying helicopters and operating tanks and graduated to a novice. Back then, there were plenty of other ppl that looked/played like the were new to the game, also.

Alright, after all of that...

Is the community that is active all all-stars that have been playing since the game released, or is there still a nice amount of lower skilled players?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm also thinking about picking this up again just because the Premuim Edition is so cheap right now for everything included.

I have a couple questions too. I'd be looking to go for the achievements in all of the add-ons (last one I played was Back To Karkand, I've been away a LONG time) without boosting, are all of the game modes still active enough to do this stuff legit? Also the rent-a-server "badmin" chatter kind of deters me, are the DICE servers as active and populated as the rented ones or are they vacant? I don't have any interest in dealing with assholes running servers.

Edited by WalterWhite

I'm also thinking about picking this up again just because the Premuim Edition is so cheap right now for everything included.

I have a couple questions too. I'd be looking to go for the achievements in all of the add-ons (last one I played was Back To Karkand, I've been away a LONG time) without boosting, are all of the game modes still active enough to do this stuff legit? Also the rent-a-server "badmin" chatter kind of deters me, are the DICE servers as active and populated as the rented ones or are they vacant? I don't have any interest in dealing with assholes running servers.

Yep, all of the achievements are still achievable without boosting. Some modes like GM and TS aren't exactly rolling in players, but you can still get them done.

Don't worry about that. The complaints about badmins have been greatly exaggerated. Most admins don't even play on their servers and the ones that do don't kick people nearly as often as it seems. Regardless, there are still plenty of populated DICE servers, not to mention several X360A members own servers (there's a stickied thread with those on the BF3 forum) that you would be very welcome on. I was playing on Gmurda's clan server on Saturday and it was heavily populated through out the day.

Everything is still obtainable w/out boosting.

There is still Gun Master and Tank Superiority gamemode servers running and official DICE/EA servers at that.

"Badmins" are honestly not that big of a deal and I would think 95% of them are immature kids. When you search for servers you can see their description and banner which can usually give you an idea to how the admins will behave. Once you find a good server you can add it to your favorites to make it easier to find a good lobby.

If you do decide to go the DICE/EA server route there is still plenty of them. Search for "DICE" or "P24" in the Multiplayer browser, make sure you have the option to see full servers as well as this will help you find more of their servers. The only downside to playing on DICE/EA servers is that all of their servers are set at 100% tickets which can make the game go by rather quickly. Playing on rented servers set to 200 or 300% will allow you to rack up more points and make it easier to obtain ribbons.

Edited by BBDrew84
haha wolf ninja'd me to it

Thanks for the replies guys I think I'm gonna go out and pick this up in a few. I already started the update downloads on Live. Just popped into Battlelog to see where I left this game, I'm a lowly level 22! I have alot of work ahead of me but I'm hoping it'll be fun. As far as Ribbons go I earned all of them before I left, the only ones I'll be missing are the ones added in the expansions. And Drew, always good to see a fellow Michigander on the site!

The only achievement that worries me is the "original" Complete Warrior. I might have to find a place to boost that one.

Edited by WalterWhite

Thanks for the replies guys I think I'm gonna go out and pick this up in a few. I already started the update downloads on Live. Just popped into Battlelog to see where I left this game, I'm a lowly level 22! I have alot of work ahead of me but I'm hoping it'll be fun. As far as Ribbons go I earned all of them before I left, the only ones I'll be missing are the ones added in the expansions. And Drew, always good to see a fellow Michigander on the site!

The only achievement that worries me is the "original" Complete Warrior. I might have to find a place to boost that one.

Yep, Drew's advice is great!

Just so you know, you don't need ALL of the updates. I think it's just 1, 2 and 6 or something like that, plus all the DLCs themselves.

Also, I don't know if I'll be on tonight, but if you want to squad up, let me know. I always have room on my friends list for more BF3 players.

Yep, Drew's advice is great!

Just so you know, you don't need ALL of the updates. I think it's just 1, 2 and 6 or something like that, plus all the DLCs themselves.

Also, I don't know if I'll be on tonight, but if you want to squad up, let me know. I always have room on my friends list for more BF3 players.

Yeah I did a little research on the updates hoping I didn't need them all and I found this page...

https://help.ea.com/article/which-updates-are-necessary-to-play-battlefield-3

So I'm going off of that until I actually get the game and start downloading add-ons. I'll send you a friend request later on tonight or tomorrow, it's going to be a bit before I get this up and running tonight.

So I'm going off of that until I actually get the game and start downloading add-ons. I'll send you a friend request later on tonight or tomorrow, it's going to be a bit before I get this up and running tonight.

If Wolf is in an attack chopper and you can spawn on him:

DO IT.

That is all. :woop:

I think at least 93%* of my air warfare ribbons are from gunning for Professor Wolfkraut.

*Statistics an assumption. No direct correlated data exists on the other 7% I have gunned for my brother or gmurda33.

Fuck you Opiate, you've gunned for me too but NOOOOOOO, just forget the devilishly handsome Brit who flew you around.

Fuck you too Rich, love yah ;) Okay, so the 0.05% I've flown with the devilishly handsome Brit whom I have never actually seen to confirm he is as handsome as he says he is. :p

Or did I fly with you at all? Must have been ages ago. I only recall you trying to drop a JIHAD JET on me. Unsuccessfully I might add.

How do you look in a kilt?

Edited by Opiate42

Its already been said a few times, but yeah the game is still quite full and active. And there are tons of "noob"-like people on there still - especially some of us who were quite good, but have NO idea about any of the newer maps or game modes cuz we've been away for awhile as well.

Hope to see you on there! (and if not on my team then hopefully down the barrel of my sights haha)

i still play on occasion, so yeah the community is thriving

"Occasionally?" You're on 20 hours per day!!!

Fuck you Opiate, you've gunned for me too but NOOOOOOO, just forget the devilishly handsome Brit who flew you around.

Pics or it didn't happen!

id pee in your butt, but make sure u clean those nasty british teeth first.

I'm not sure that I see the correlation, but given that proper hygiene is a must, I'll allow it.

yep still active and probably will be all year. just don't kill any admins when you play...it is forbidden ;)

Nothing like getting a good server kicking for dogtagging a Badmin to start your day. Then joining back into the same server, and getting banned for teabagging him after you dogtag him again.

id pee in your butt, but make sure u clean those nasty british teeth first.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-w3GHVBnmNCY/T1fTiVE1neI/AAAAAAAACQM/lF59Bz2jvi8/s1600/thebigbookofbritishsmiles.png

I'm not sure that I see the correlation, but given that proper hygiene is a must, I'll allow it.

I believe gmurda is being kind and thinking of the dude on the front of the spit roast. That's very thoughtful.

thats not possible considering i sleep 8 hours a day, work 9 hours a day, and go to the gym. but yes i do play a lot since my gf is gone. as much as it sucks in certain areas (wink wink) i like when shes not home lol. otherwise shes always nagging abt me playing bf. thats why u dont live with your significant other. hahaha

ps ive gunned for rich before

Edited by gmurda33
oh jeez opiate----i loled

I had a blast with this game last night, I guess my year long break from Battlefield worked out in the end. You guys are correct about the mix of player levels. The game fits like a glove, it didn't even take an entire match to get familiar with everything again and I spent most of the night near the top of the scoreboard. So much has been added or changed it feels like a whole new game. I kind of like being out of the loop in a multiplayer game for a change in the sense that I have no idea what map I'm playing on or what expansion pack it came from and it's fun as hell.

I had a blast with this game last night, I guess my year long break from Battlefield worked out in the end. You guys are correct about the mix of player levels. The game fits like a glove, it didn't even take an entire match to get familiar with everything again and I spent most of the night near the top of the scoreboard. So much has been added or changed it feels like a whole new game. I kind of like being out of the loop in a multiplayer game for a change in the sense that I have no idea what map I'm playing on or what expansion pack it came from and it's fun as hell.

u can add me too brother, ill run a couple games with you tonight

thats not possible considering i sleep 8 hours a day, work 9 hours a day, and go to the gym. but yes i do play a lot since my gf is gone. as much as it sucks in certain areas (wink wink) i like when shes not home lol. otherwise shes always nagging abt me playing bf. thats why u dont live with your significant other. hahaha

Yeah yeah. Always breaking out the statistics to back it up! I too live alone because I'd rather not have a girlfriend telling me what to do with my time.

u can add me too brother, ill run a couple games with you tonight

Ditto that. Feel free to add me as well. gmurda and I can anchor your squad and keep the good times rolling.

Yeah yeah. Always breaking out the statistics to back it up! I too live alone because I'd rather not have a girlfriend telling me what to do with my time.

Ditto that. Feel free to add me as well. gmurda and I can anchor your squad and keep the good times rolling.

i like stats. they make the world go around. im going to play my ass off until she gets back on may 21st---after that :,( i actually only played for like 20 minutes lastnight saint---then i watched a dogfight. it was really boring. opiate actually joined in on me watching the dogfight hahaha. some guy was trying out for echo