Update News

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may be wrong, here... but I think the change in Biome generation from 1.6.6 Beta and 1.7.3 Beta to 1.8.x will actually generate different SEEDs, than what you'd expect.

So I'd make a "fresh" copy of your world, and leave it 98% unexplored (as in, create the new world, let it generate chunks... and save... and then leave the world after you save, and don't return to it, until the update.

...and even then, it might not factor in the generations of structures... so who knows. Just don't be shocked if your favorite SEEDs no longer work with this update. I know mine won't (already experienced that on the PC side of the fence).

Same here there's some stuff underground I haven't explored yet but I have plenty of resources not to bother digging anymore.

I started my main world on gargamel on 1st June, and had explored it by the time the fixed the clay bug, hence why I have no brick blocks in my world. Been waiting for Creative to sort that one out.

Once the new update drops, and changes all the seeds, I'm going to see what gargamel looks like. Might be completely different. Either way, I'm startin a new world from scratch to take full advantage of the update and will likely go on survival and use creative on gargamel. This wait is almost unbearable.

Yeah I know, but I guess I worded it wrong. What I mean is, if I start a new world using the gargamel seed, will the way the world looks be exactly the same as before the update, or will terrain generation be completely different. Strongholds and NPC villages aside of course.

it will be completely different just making small changes to the world generator completely changes seeds

100%.

Playing without creative and without the new survival features just feels pointless knowing that this is coming very soon.

I wish they'd give us a definite date because surely they know when it will drop by now. Maybe someone should try 4J twitter again?

4J just said that they don't know. They are in the dark now too. Microsoft has it and only they know, 4J don't know anything right now.

::sigh::

It's official - I have zero interest in playing until creative comes out :( I jumped on my main world and just started blowing up buildings and stuff. Then exited without saving. Knowing what's around the corner, it just doesn't feel fun anymore at the moment.

Anyone else feel this way?

nope... actually i cant believe everyone s begging for it so much i dont know many people that seriously use creative on PC it tends to just be something people use now and again to try something out on or show off

I feel the same as Gary. I just can't get in to it at the moment. I've spent over 4 months gathering resources, and doing it the legit way, and for those who've seen my photobucket picture of my Ocean Garden, that was legit, and took frickin ages to make. Plus I've used so much of my resources as well, my underground has been well and truly cleared from what I can find easily. I'll switch that world to Creative soon enough, and have a new world on survival so I get full advantage of the new additions and have 2 worlds on the go.

::sigh::

It's official - I have zero interest in playing until creative comes out :( I jumped on my main world and just started blowing up buildings and stuff. Then exited without saving. Knowing what's around the corner, it just doesn't feel fun anymore at the moment.

Anyone else feel this way?

Actually, I've found new life in the game. Instead of waiting, I'm creating my own 'flat' world. Not an easy task but its coming along quite nicely. Who needs creative!