Same path as halo

ChipmunksRus

Halo 1, 2, 3, Halo 3:ODST. Gears of War 1, 2, 3, Gears of War: Judgement. It's the exact same thing. If there's another Gears trilogy that comes after Judgement it'll follow in the exact same footsteps as Halo yet again. Anyways, I highly doubt I'll buy this as Gears of War multiplayer has gone downhill for me. Opinions anyone?

As long as it's profitable, publishers won't stop.

Microsoft really need to step away from Halo and Gears of War. Yeah, they are great, but when you talk Xbox 360, the first things that come to mind are Halo and Gears of War.

Time for a new IP!

Gears + Halo :drunk

No brainer! lulz

Master Chief is going to bring the Covies to newly pacified Sera. :D

But OT, I don't think it's quite the way you described it... that makes it seem like they're out of ideas for Gears. (This game is a collaboration too.)

In my opinion, they're still just trying to reach out to a broader audience- sure Gears 3 sold a crapton of copies at Launch; but it's still nowhere near COD or Halo in terms of widespread playability. (I also assume the "more casual playlists" and new control scheme add to the idea.)

• 2 months later...

Halo Wars came out after Halo 3, but before ODST. The Gears franchise needs an RTS before Judgment.

Gears of War: Wars?

It could take place before Judgment.

And we need another prequel game for Gears so it can be useless and obliterate the canon of Aspho Fields.

Then Epic/People Can Fly will remake the original Gears for its 10 year anniversary.

Finally, a whole new fucking trilogy will be announced.

• 2 weeks later...

If there is going to be a gears 4, 5 and 6 it isn't going to be like Halo, as Epic have said, in pretty much no uncertain terms, that gears 3 is delta squads final outing, unlike the chief coming back after Halo 3.

And its not like Halo is the first series to have 4+ games in it series, or to branch out into other genres, or to even shift focus between different sets of protaganists.

If there is going to be a gears 4, 5 and 6 it isn't going to be like Halo, as Epic have said, in pretty much no uncertain terms, that gears 3 is delta squads final outing, unlike the chief coming back after Halo 3.

And its not like Halo is the first series to have 4+ games in it series, or to branch out into other genres, or to even shift focus between different sets of protaganists.

I was merely drawing a parallel between Microsoft's two biggest exclusives. I wasn't saying Halo was the first series to do anything. However it's good to hear that Gears 3 was delta squads final outing, because by the end of it I was really tired of the characters. Especially Marcus. Please Epic, don't make another protagonist that spits out terrible one-liners all the while displaying few qualities that make him seem human.

Halo Wars came out after Halo 3, but before ODST. The Gears franchise needs an RTS before Judgment.

Gears of War: Wars?

It could take place before Judgment.

And we need another prequel game for Gears so it can be useless and obliterate the canon of Aspho Fields.

Then Epic/People Can Fly will remake the original Gears for its 10 year anniversary.

Finally, a whole new fucking trilogy will be announced.

Gears shouldnt make a halo wars rts but instead make an XCOM type game, i would play the hell out of that

• 1 month later...
But here's the thing. Halo is STILL good.

Eh, I dunno man. No disrespect, but the Halo 4 servers seem like a joke to all but one of my friends, it's LagTopia online. :eek: (Also, a lot of people just bypass the whole CODfication that went on: sure it works, it's not broken- but still... it's CODification.) I also didn't give two craps about the Campaign. :x

Gears J is basically a lower approach to the series at heart, it started as PCF's little spin-off to Baird's history- so naturally Quinn decided that he could just change EVERYTHING about the Versus mode since it wasn't going to be a "real" Gears game. I don't have faith in People Can Fly, there best game is basically an FPS high-school locker room dictionary- and now they're going to make a Gears game. That already sounds terrible. (Although I will admit that Gears PC was well made!)

Modern Gearsfare 4: ODST- hire me Microsoft, I have more creativity than the current devs already! :D

Well, Halo 4 is out, I don't see Gears of War 4? (don't see Gears of War: Judgement either for that matter...)

Gears of War ONE owns.

Saw you were having some technical difficulties and fixed that for you, guy.

And yeah. Halo 4s servers are a bit wonky right now. But they get fixed. Halo gets more attention to its core game and servers than Gears ever did. (Gears 3 anyone?) They abandoned ship a year into its release.